By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation brand enjoying ‘huge interest’ from Xbox 360 players, claims Sony exec

VG247

PS3 and PS Vita are receiving an influx of interest from Xbox 360 gamers who are looking to buy a second console, according to Sony’s John Koller.

CVG reports – by way of Gamespot – that SCEA marketing exec John Koller stated, “We have seen a very high interest rate from Xbox 360 consumers wanting to purchase a second console.”

Koller calls this particular brand of gamer a ‘lapsed console owner’, and that’s fine except it’s not clear where the exec is pulling this data from, or to what extent this shift in focus is happening.

“We saw the same kind of thing happen in reverse during the PS2 years,” Koller added, “when a lot of PS2 consumers said they wanted to get an Xbox because of Halo and some other games. So we think the strategy works and it’s a good one.”

http://www.vg247.com/2012/09/21/playstation-brand-enjoying-huge-interest-from-xbox-360-players-claims-sony-exec/comment-page-1/#comment-408650

Around the Network

They don't know this for sure, nor do they have a mechanism to find out or they would've told us.

They're saying this to get the idea in 360 owner's heads. Tell them to pick up a PS3 now that we have a new Slim coming out. I wonder what Sony is offering on the PS3 that they 360 owners won't have? What first party content would be enticing 360 owners to want to pick up a PS3 all of a sudden?

KylieDog said:
Kenology said:
They don't know this for sure, nor do they have a mechanism to find out or they would've told us

Prove it.

I don't have to.  That burden is on them.  If they don't give us a methodology for determining how they know this exactly, I call BS.

KylieDog said:
Kenology said:
They don't know this for sure, nor do they have a mechanism to find out or they would've told us.

Prove it.

It kinda goes without saying...no?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

A Ferengi could make a better presa release...

Around the Network
Proclus said:
A Ferengi could make a better presa release...

But Ferengis are all about making money, it comes naturally to them. Be fair to Sony, they suck at PR

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Duplicate

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147895

A modertor can lock this duplicate thread.

KylieDog said:
Kenology said:
KylieDog said:
Kenology said:
They don't know this for sure, nor do they have a mechanism to find out or they would've told us

Prove it.

I don't have to.  That burden is on them.  If they don't give us a methodology for determining how they know this exactly, I call BS.

Sony have more credibility than you, so you need to prove it. 

That's not how it works.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

KylieDog said:
Kenology said:
KylieDog said:
Kenology said:

Prove it.

Sony have more credibility than you, so you need to prove it. 

lmao... oh, boy.