By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Namco gives out impressive IdolM@ster information

Argh. It died when I tried to edit.

Namco just had a recent press conference for their next Idolmaster title, exclusively on the Xbox 360: Idolmaster Live 4 U.

A few of their highlights are:

• Idolmaster has shipped over 100,000 units of the LE, Regular and Platinum titles in Japan since Jan 2007. It continues to sell 5,000-10,000 units per month.
  • Revenue form the IdolMaster downloadable content has surpassed 300 million yen, or 2.8 million USD.
  • Idolmaster downloadable content is the 3rd most-purchased content on Xbox Live, worldwide. despite the fact that the game has only released in Japan.

Idolmaster: Live 4 U is scheduled to release in Febuary. Could the X360 see a decent boost when it releases the next title in the series?

Anyways: Japanese link: http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0801/18/news109.html

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Considering Namco made nearly $3 million dollars of extra content on one game...That's pretty good.

I don't understand why, if 100k is good for this game, it isn't released outside of Japan. Can't you blindly stumble into another 100k over Europe/USA with basically any game now on the 360?

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

I think we will see the normal spike around the release as long as it doesn't get in the way of SSBB. But, as normal 360 will got to regularly low sales levels afterwards. They just have to keep putting the titles out and eventual something will catch on and really go.

erikers said:
I don't understand why, if 100k is good for this game, it isn't released outside of Japan. Can't you blindly stumble into another 100k over Europe/USA with basically any game now on the 360?

Well 100K for a system w/+500K users is pretty good, that's ~20% attach rate.(~1/5 360 owners here in JP)

The sequel probably isn't too different from the original game (probably improved gfx, but gameplay wise would still be the same), so it's probably not too expensive to make the sequel.  I've never played the game, but that's what it looks like to me.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

Not only that, smbu but look at it this way: at $50 per game (on average), Namco has made around $5m USD from the software itself, but $2.8m on DLC. That means that more than 35% of the entire revenue from IM is from DLC, which is incredibly impressive.

mrstickball said:
Not only that, smbu but look at it this way: at $50 per game (on average), Namco has made around $5m USD from the software itself, but $2.8m on DLC. That means that more than 35% of the entire revenue from IM is from DLC, which is incredibly impressive.

Although, it has been in the Platinum Collection since Nov. at 2800 yen, the majority of the game sales came at the initial price of 7,140 yen for the standard edition and a whopping 20,790 yen for the Ltd. Edition!!! Damn, that's expensive! About 4,000 yen less than a new Wii console, haha.

(Ltd. Edition included stuff for the curious: http://watch.impress.co.jp/game%2Fdocs/20061006/imas.htm )

• - 11 figure set of the female characters (clickable picture on the linked page)
  • - Live Stage (for the figures)
  • - Idol master special DVD  
  • - Idol master original faceplate 

But yes I agree with you that the DLC made up a huge portion of the overall revenue of the game. Definitely impressive stuff :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Microsoft has a good line-up begining in february in Japan. They will sell more consoles in those months than last year.

[

Microsoft has a good line-up begining in february in Japan. They will sell more consoles in those months than those months last year.

[

Really thibje??? What have they got in the next few months?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS