By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo haters should buy the WiiU more than anyone else

kain_kusanagi said:
superchunk said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I am genuinely disgusted by people who buy popular products, keeping them away from kids who saved their pennies, to sell to rich jerks on ebay.

I say that not just as a Nintendo fan, but a Nintendo fan who isn't planning on buying a Wii U at launch.

I don't see how being a reseller is a bad thing. Those "kids saving their pennies" is a load of bullshit. Its parents who have to give their brats whatever they ask for and thus spend 2x the cost just to get it or to save themselves the pain of going to a packed store.

People saving could, can still, and will be able to just go online and order... then wait for shipping. Its just ignorant fucks who have no patience and believe the hype that its their only solution that then pay what they still feel is a valid value for the item.

Meanwhile the one extra I bought may well pay for the one I'm keeping.

I was that "kid saving his pennies". When I was 8 I worked all summer to save up enough money for a brand new Gameboy and one game. Only a few of those dollars came from my parents and I had to do EXTRA yard work to earn a quarter here and a dime there. There are millions of kids in this country who do odd jobs and save they "pennies" to buy the things their parents either can't afford or refuse to waste money on outside of special occasions.

If you had your way the store would have been empty and I would have had to pay double for a scalped product. What you are doing is legal and ethical, but it's morally reprehensible.

You're preorder is going to some ebay idiot instead of a kid who deserves to enjoy the fruit of his labor. Consider others and have some empathy.

I did the same thing to buy a SNES when I was 12. I've also lived homeless with my parents and worked a full-time job to put myself through college so my kids never have to grow up like I did. I know poor and going without. I know stomach pains from not eating for a couple days. You won't guilt trip me for the poor. They have every opportunity to succeed in this nation (US). 

Those kids can do it. It has nothing to do with resellers. Its called perseverance and patience. The only ones paying extra are the crazies who are either lazy, impatient, or spoil their kids. In the end they wouldn't pay the price if they didn't think it was worth it. Its not ripping off anyone or really keeping anyone from buying one in the long run.

My Ebay is going to some kid who will enjoy it just as much as the penny saver. Its not his fault his daddy got a good education and is willing to spend $700 on the one item he really wants.

Its also not my children's fault I am a competent parent and know how to pre-order an item that will obviously be hard to find this holiday.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
your assuming you will be able to profit form the WiiU.

preoders are yet to sell out here,

define "here". Only place in US still taking pre-orders is Walmart's forced bundle but their shipping date is 12/31... so who knows what they are up to.

As long as I sell it for my full cost, I am happy. But I'm willing to take the bet I will sell it for a lot more just like everyone selling EVERY previous console on its launch Xmas.

I think we should think of it this way it is a service since the lil ones with the money generally are the most bratty so them ending up with the way over priced consoles ensure the most vocally annoying ones about not having the console are happy while the patient ones just wait longer. Overall, I see a net lessening of annoyance. Although there's always the next thing a lil brat would want.

"Like you know"

superchunk said:
Cobretti2 said:
your assuming you will be able to profit form the WiiU.

preoders are yet to sell out here,

define "here". Only place in US still taking pre-orders is Walmart's forced bundle but their shipping date is 12/31... so who knows what they are up to.

As long as I sell it for my full cost, I am happy. But I'm willing to take the bet I will sell it for a lot more just like everyone selling EVERY previous console on its launch Xmas.

Here as in Australia.

So I don't think there is too much profit to be made.

Also spare Wii U remotes have been listed for $199 (estimate), whether they are released ehre at launch is another question entirely lol.

superchunk said:
kain_kusanagi said:
superchunk said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I am genuinely disgusted by people who buy popular products, keeping them away from kids who saved their pennies, to sell to rich jerks on ebay.

I say that not just as a Nintendo fan, but a Nintendo fan who isn't planning on buying a Wii U at launch.

I don't see how being a reseller is a bad thing. Those "kids saving their pennies" is a load of bullshit. Its parents who have to give their brats whatever they ask for and thus spend 2x the cost just to get it or to save themselves the pain of going to a packed store.

People saving could, can still, and will be able to just go online and order... then wait for shipping. Its just ignorant fucks who have no patience and believe the hype that its their only solution that then pay what they still feel is a valid value for the item.

Meanwhile the one extra I bought may well pay for the one I'm keeping.

I was that "kid saving his pennies". When I was 8 I worked all summer to save up enough money for a brand new Gameboy and one game. Only a few of those dollars came from my parents and I had to do EXTRA yard work to earn a quarter here and a dime there. There are millions of kids in this country who do odd jobs and save they "pennies" to buy the things their parents either can't afford or refuse to waste money on outside of special occasions.

If you had your way the store would have been empty and I would have had to pay double for a scalped product. What you are doing is legal and ethical, but it's morally reprehensible.

You're preorder is going to some ebay idiot instead of a kid who deserves to enjoy the fruit of his labor. Consider others and have some empathy.

I did the same thing to buy a SNES when I was 12. I've also lived homeless with my parents and worked a full-time job to put myself through college so my kids never have to grow up like I did. I know poor and going without. I know stomach pains from not eating for a couple days. You won't guilt trip me for the poor. They have every opportunity to succeed in this nation (US). 

Those kids can do it. It has nothing to do with resellers. Its called perseverance and patience. The only ones paying extra are the crazies who are either lazy, impatient, or spoil their kids. In the end they wouldn't pay the price if they didn't think it was worth it. Its not ripping off anyone or really keeping anyone from buying one in the long run.

My Ebay is going to some kid who will enjoy it just as much as the penny saver. Its not his fault his daddy got a good education and is willing to spend $700 on the one item he really wants.

Its also not my children's fault I am a competent parent and know how to pre-order an item that will obviously be hard to find this holiday.

You have clearly rationalised your choices so any further discussion is moot. I sincerly wish your children a happy Christmas.

Around the Network

Personally,

I don't hate Nintendo..

I just have no reason to buy Nintendo products and haven't since Nintendo 64 in 1998.

Nintendo, for all intent and purpose, is designed for Kids and Family in mind, and I, being a hardcore gamer am not interested in Nintendo anymore....especially when the alternatives are generally better.

And with the Wii U, Nintendo has zero know how when it comes to internet services and features, and the Wii U is underpowered and has only a fraction of the support.

Nintendo is not for me.....it's more for my little nephew....and even he likes XBOX 360 better these days.

Just sayin.

i think its a good idea to boost console sales, it would bring some extra cash for the big 3

Persistantthug
"Nintendo, for all intent and purpose, is designed for Kids and Family in mind, and I, being a hardcore gamer am not interested in Nintendo anymore...."

puffff.........i really could start an argument about how this fallacy is getting soooo old and annoying to read over and over again from supposedly mature gamers............but im not going to do it, im going to play some Mario tennis instead,,,,good day sir