By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

Yoshiya said:
Ok so Radish effectively claims Godlike just after everyone starts to put pressure on him? Seeing as at the moment it sounds most like Godlike are roles doesn't this seem just a bit suspicious to you guys?

Why do you suspect it to be a fakeclaim? We only know of two "Godlike" characters so far, so I don't see where you're coming from here. I wasn't even using the race as a way to get out of being lynched, it was mainly because a few players were collecting lists of races at the time, so I didn't want to be seen as withholding information. It's true, I have a power - but I'm not going to ask for doctor protection, because it's nothing extremely exciting

He has also been the most against flavour hunting but unlike F-F, who was also against, basically gives no reason other than "it distracts town", which thus far I'm sure most of us would say it hasn't....even if it did mean we all had to sit through god knows how many posts which I'll admit I felt was taking things too far.

What reason does Final-Fan give besides "it distracts town"?  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4790087  Oh, it looks like I've found some hypocrisy too - I had a look, and I can't find any posts where you condone the flavour hunting. It did distract town, and you seem to agree with this for the most part  - why change your mind now? 

He also says he doubts we have cracked the DRM which whether or not we have suggests that he knows something that the rest of us don't (maybe he is a third party Shadowspawn or something so he knows our opinion on that is wrong or something like that or maybe a mafia who knows that not all mafia are humans).

When saying "I doubt we've cracked the DRM", it wasn't due to me disagreeing with information that we'd found - it was simply that we'd discovered nothing, therefore couldn't have "cracked" anything. I do agree that the corrupted human vs human angle seems fairly likely, but the only lead that gave us was potentially Mantle, and now he's told us that he was corrupted all along. As I've been saying throughout most of the round, I don't think we've cracked the DRM, because there is none to crack - while I am a pro-town "Godlike", I almost guarantee that there is an anti-town one too.

That's partly why I'm thinking of lynching Mario today; it makes sense considering his quick reveal (you say that I revealed quickly, with 3.5 votes on me? I don't think Mario even had a vote on him when he suddenly requested doc protection due to his awesome role)

He is the only one that said he felt like Prof and HD were mafia arguing with one another and really quickly dropped this line of argument when no one else did. In fact he even questioned why someone could possible think Prof is a good lynch for night 1 in one of his recent posts.

"When no one else did" - you realise I was the only person who even mentioned that possibility? Of course nobody else dropped that line of thought; it never existed. I don't think Prof is a good Night 1 lynch because of his reactions to my "stop arguing or I'll think you're both mafia" implication.

Well, this is a little suspicious by Yoshiya (the arguments here aren't that great, and it seems to be taking advantage of a "lynch-train"), but I'm not seeing it as necessarily scummy because the points are original, suggesting a town that has definitely put some effort into finding contradictions etc. 

After what (was it Zero?) said, it's true that a lynch today wouldn't be completely crazy for town to do (alongside Kantor's modkill). I was thinking of voting Yoshiya, but I'm really not getting a mafia vibe from this post; the post did, however, remind me of Mario's really strange claim and reveal, and I'm starting to think that he's an anti-town Godlike using his race in order to draw town resources away from the town. 

Unvote: No Lynch

Vote: Mario

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

How naive to think claiming an importnt role will guarantee doctor protection. As if Strongmen and manipulative roles don't exist. Not to mention role blockers. Not to mention folding under little pressure. Not to mention his recent bandwagon on Radish. Not to mention how Mario really stinks right now.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Oh, and he just votes me with "I'm also suspicious of him [radishhead]", when we're getting pretty close to the hammer. I recommend someone unvotes pretty sharpish before the rest of the mafia bandwagon onto this, because we don't want to damage our chances too much on Night 1.

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

supermario128 said:

happydolphin said:

Doctor, can you protect prof at midnight? If there is any anti-doctor strategy, town can you make sure to keep him alive? Please and thanks.

Well then.... The doctor should consider protecting me as well. Maybe flip a coin between the two of us?

You claimed way too soon and are a liability. It's day 1 man, how did you claim PR already? I understand you guys like playing on flavor, but a day1 claim is way too soon.

Also, judging on flavor we have no idea if you are town or scum. Judging on your play, I also have no idea.

So I would recommend doctor protects someone else tonight in all honesty. We have no idea of your alignment.

supermario128 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

No, no, no, no, no. You don't get to say that's fine and move along.

Tell me why as an "important power role", you made a post that would pigeonhole you and all GodLikes into being easily identifiable?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4790891

Grrr.... I am not amused. That's not what I asked for. I'm not looking for a reasoning behind your roleclaim but for the reasoning behind your first post where you foolishly label GodLikes as power roles (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4786744)

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Mario, despite what I said I'm starting to think you're town, but it's a town vibe, and still a small one.

radishhead said:

Yoshiya said:
Ok so Radish effectively claims Godlike just after everyone starts to put pressure on him? Seeing as at the moment it sounds most like Godlike are roles doesn't this seem just a bit suspicious to you guys?

Why do you suspect it to be a fakeclaim? We only know of two "Godlike" characters so far, so I don't see where you're coming from here. I wasn't even using the race as a way to get out of being lynched, it was mainly because a few players were collecting lists of races at the time, so I didn't want to be seen as withholding information. It's true, I have a power - but I'm not going to ask for doctor protection, because it's nothing extremely exciting

The fact that you have had a role has been kept secret until you were suddenly under suspicion. Seems weird that all of a sudden you give away the fact that you have some kind of role whilst at the same time saying it isn't very interesting so when you aren't nightkilled it won't be suspicious.

He has also been the most against flavour hunting but unlike F-F, who was also against, basically gives no reason other than "it distracts town", which thus far I'm sure most of us would say it hasn't....even if it did mean we all had to sit through god knows how many posts which I'll admit I felt was taking things too far.

What reason does Final-Fan give besides "it distracts town"?  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4790087  Oh, it looks like I've found some hypocrisy too - I had a look, and I can't find any posts where you condone the flavour hunting. It did distract town, and you seem to agree with this for the most part  - why change your mind now? 

As someone already stated earlier on in this game, F-F stated before the game and in his posts about flavour hunting in this game that he feels it is something that everyone needs to get rid of in mafia games in general and that he is very tired of it. You on the otherhand pretty much just said "I think we need to stop flavour hunting THIS GAME" Why just this game Radish? Scared it will give something away?

Ok, I'll accept your point on hypocrisy as upon re-reading it does sound a lot like I personally against flavour hunting. This wasn't my intention. It was just before this game everyone started, everyone was complaining about flavour hunting in VGC Mafia games and how it was getting too much and we need flavourless games to stop it. Stelf does the next best thing and makes up a flavour meaning no one could know how it works. Despite this, everyone goes into this game and instantly starts flavour hunting, ending up in a 200+ post argument which I think could have been done in a lot fewer posts and still come to the same conclusion.

He also says he doubts we have cracked the DRM which whether or not we have suggests that he knows something that the rest of us don't (maybe he is a third party Shadowspawn or something so he knows our opinion on that is wrong or something like that or maybe a mafia who knows that not all mafia are humans).

When saying "I doubt we've cracked the DRM", it wasn't due to me disagreeing with information that we'd found - it was simply that we'd discovered nothing, therefore couldn't have "cracked" anything. I do agree that the corrupted human vs human angle seems fairly likely, but the only lead that gave us was potentially Mantle, and now he's told us that he was corrupted all along. As I've been saying throughout most of the round, I don't think we've cracked the DRM, because there is none to crack - while I am a pro-town "Godlike", I almost guarantee that there is an anti-town one too.

That's partly why I'm thinking of lynching Mario today; it makes sense considering his quick reveal (you say that I revealed quickly, with 3.5 votes on me? I don't think Mario even had a vote on him when he suddenly requested doc protection due to his awesome role)

It's precisely because you had votes on you that I think you may be fakeclaiming. Mario's claim was far too premature yes and I do think we need to look into it but you waited until people were suspicious of you and then claimed a role which I think was because you realised what was going on with Mario and thus if you claimed before there was a good amount of votes then people would just suspect you more.

He is the only one that said he felt like Prof and HD were mafia arguing with one another and really quickly dropped this line of argument when no one else did. In fact he even questioned why someone could possible think Prof is a good lynch for night 1 in one of his recent posts.

"When no one else did" - you realise I was the only person who even mentioned that possibility? Of course nobody else dropped that line of thought; it never existed. I don't think Prof is a good Night 1 lynch because of his reactions to my "stop arguing or I'll think you're both mafia" implication.

So why did you mention it if you thought the possibility never existed!? I'm sorry but isn't that the biggest U-turn in the world now you have realised that no one else is talking about this possibility?

Yoshiya said:
radishhead said:

Yoshiya said:

The fact that you have had a role has been kept secret until you were suddenly under suspicion. Seems weird that all of a sudden you give away the fact that you have some kind of role whilst at the same time saying it isn't very interesting so when you aren't nightkilled it won't be suspicious.

I say it's not important because I'm not cop, and I'm not doc. Mario is one of those, or mafia - I don't want the doctor to waste time on me when my power can be proven "tomorrow" anyway.  (Assuming no roleblockers/other shenanigans. 

As someone already stated earlier on in this game, F-F stated before the game and in his posts about flavour hunting in this game that he feels it is something that everyone needs to get rid of in mafia games in general and that he is very tired of it. You on the otherhand pretty much just said "I think we need to stop flavour hunting THIS GAME" Why just this game Radish? Scared it will give something away?

Well, you did take words out of my mouth there, because I've always been an advocate for getting rid of flavour hunting in mafia games in general. Although it's true that I want it gone from this game in particular, because it's not (as I've said many times) a round that can be flavour-hunted - if it was likely to reveal information, I'd go along with it (last round proved that), but 200+ posts with no progress made? That's not how I want to play mafia.

Ok, I'll accept your point on hypocrisy as upon re-reading it does sound a lot like I personally against flavour hunting. This wasn't my intention. It was just before this game everyone started, everyone was complaining about flavour hunting in VGC Mafia games and how it was getting too much and we need flavourless games to stop it. Stelf does the next best thing and makes up a flavour meaning no one could know how it works. Despite this, everyone goes into this game and instantly starts flavour hunting, ending up in a 200+ post argument which I think could have been done in a lot fewer posts and still come to the same conclusion.

At least we agree on this much

It's precisely because you had votes on you that I think you may be fakeclaiming. Mario's claim was far too premature yes and I do think we need to look into it but you waited until people were suspicious of you and then claimed a role which I think was because you realised what was going on with Mario and thus if you claimed before there was a good amount of votes then people would just suspect you more.

Fakeclaiming? I haven't even claimed yet :S All I've claimed is that I've got a power, that isn't cop or doc. I'm not revealing more until I'm really looking likely to die, or feel that it's the right time to do so.

So why did you mention it if you thought the possibility never existed!? I'm sorry but isn't that the biggest U-turn in the world now you have realised that no one else is talking about this possibility?

I already explained a while back that I only made the comment to get them to realise how ridiculous it was. As I said, I did the same thing to Zero already - votes (or in Prof's case, threats of votes) are great at making points. If I was willing to vote Zero simply to make a point, I don't see how it's unimaginable that I would threaten to vote someone to make another (and people said I was playing it too safe this game? I guess they haven't been paying attention.)

Watch me on YouTube!

Yoshiya said:

Yoshiya, can you explain this to me, I really don't get it. If he doesn't get NK'd that makes him less suspicious because..?

happydolphin said:

Yoshiya said:

Yoshiya, can you explain this to me, I really don't get it. If he doesn't get NK'd that makes him less suspicious because..?

What I meant was because he has said he doesn't have an interesting role that is powerful, he will be able to use the argument that he wasn't nightkilled despite having a role because his role wasn't very good (not that I think mafia would be foolish enough to believe that...assuming he is telling the truth), not because he was a mafia that wouldn't be killed for that reason.