By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

Also, it's not intricate at all. Claiming people are town is one of the easiest things to do as scum, since they already have a good idea who town are and it's not like third party is going to call it a lie.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:

smeags -> Godlike

you -> CH

and I don't think FF or Noc ever claimed.

Mario was Godlike, town Tracker.

True, Mario being Godlike does stretch the theory a little bit. Could mafia have a Golike with a non-killing role like Mario? That would make it even (I think).

Tracker seems like a small Godlike Role as compared to Smeags and Radish, but for Radish to have a towny analogue makes sense. The only thing that I'd expect is for Mario to have a mafia analogue, and I'm a bit surprised Radish could only hit shadowspawn/lings, i'd expect his ability to work on Corrupted Humans as well, but alas, there be where town has a bit of an advantage (to be expected, as town needs to be balanced in its favor a little).

Linkzmax said:
Also, it's not intricate at all. Claiming people are town is one of the easiest things to do as scum, since they already have a good idea who town are and it's not like third party is going to call it a lie.

I don't think DT and Carl were high on the townie list.

Carl was suspected of causing day 1's double-lynch until I disarmed that myth, and DT has been doing some voting against the flow of town in some wishy-washy directions up until his vote on you (he was on tabaha, wth? and stuff like that happened before too). So, neither did I consider easy reads. Prof on the other hand is very clearly town. A fake scan on prof would have proved more effective. A scan on DT and Carl is unexpected as compared to the historical reads, but now makes sense with what we've discovered and with their play progression. If Smeags scanned them, it's not for no understandable reason, they were suspected of fakeclaimed CH.

I'm not sure I get your point. Are you saying smeags couldn't have fakeclaimed scans on them because they weren't obvtown?

Linkzmax said:
I'm not sure I get your point. Are you saying smeags couldn't have fakeclaimed scans on them because they weren't obvtown?

I'm not saying he couldn't have, I'm saying it's unlikely.

I'm saying it's unlikely because it would have been a poor strategy, and Smeags is smarter scum than that (assuming he fakeclaimed because he's scum). He would try to remove suspicion from scum (DT and Carl), but he would compromise his towniness due to the suspicion that was cast on them at the time.

Way too risky.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Linkzmax said:

I don't think DT and Carl were high on the townie list.

Carl was suspected of causing day 1's double-lynch until I disarmed that myth, and DT has been doing some voting against the flow of town in some wishy-washy directions up until his vote on you (he was on tabaha, wth? and stuff like that happened before too). So, neither did I consider easy reads. Prof on the other hand is very clearly town. A fake scan on prof would have proved more effective. A scan on DT and Carl is unexpected as compared to the historical reads, but now makes sense with what we've discovered and with their play progression. If Smeags scanned them, it's not for no understandable reason, they were suspected of fakeclaimed CH.

I'd just like to say that I was voting for tabaha, because of the reasons I have explained multiple times already. He is lurking heavy (27 posts. Seriously how? ) His excuses for it are outright false. He has even admitted he voted just on the trains, several times. The majority of his posts in fact are nothing or voting on trains. 

and previously, I was the first or second person to vote and pushed for Radish's lynch? Just saying, I'm have been voting with town consistently, with the exception of tabaha, and even then I've acknowledged and changed my vote to what the town is pushing for IF i am suspicious of them. I'm playing for the town, but I don't want to be a carrier in this game. I know I'm a bit of a noob, but I want to investigate and push for cases myself. Hence tabaha.  

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

DarkThanatos said:

I'd just like to say that I was voting for tabaha, because of the reasons I have explained multiple times already. He is lurking heavy (27 posts. Seriously how? ) His excuses for it are outright false. He has even admitted he voted just on the trains, several times. The majority of his posts in fact are nothing or voting on trains. 

and previously, I was the first or second person to vote and pushed for Radish's lynch? Just saying, I'm have been voting with town consistently, with the exception of tabaha, and even then I've acknowledged and changed my vote to what the town is pushing for IF i am suspicious of them. I'm playing for the town, but I don't want to be a carrier in this game. I know I'm a bit of a noob, but I want to investigate and push for cases myself. Hence tabaha.  

You defending yourself is taking away the spotlight from Linkz, who is the prime suspect. You voting for tabaha is taking away the spotlight from Linkz, who is the prime suspect. If we didn't know better, you were the next suspect. Your play is not in line with town.

Linkz has been scanned, you vote for him, not tabaha, you can get her tomorrow. Unless you can convince town to postpone obvlinkz and focus on a less obvious player, but at this point in the game we need to reduce the scum population to improve the Scum/Town ratio, so not a good time. Plus Linkz is a good player, so we want him out of midnight talk and planning asap.

happydolphin said:
Linkzmax said:

I'm not saying he couldn't have, I'm saying it's unlikely.

I'm saying it's unlikely because it would have been a poor strategy, and Smeags is smarter scum than that (assuming he fakeclaimed because he's scum). He would try to remove suspicion from scum (DT and Carl), but he would compromise his towniness due to the suspicion that was cast on them at the time.

Way too risky.

Is it not a good strategy to "scan" questionable players rather than obvious ones like prof? It's only risky to claim that scummates are town, otherwise calling townies town means nothing and could even cause a mislynch should smeags die first.

Linkzmax said:

Is it not a good strategy to "scan" questionable players rather than obvious ones like prof? It's only risky to claim that scummates are town, otherwise calling townies town means nothing and could even cause a mislynch should smeags die first.

It's not black and white. There are shades of grey. Smeags could have fake"scanned" me, or TOS. We are highly likely town in the eyes of town, but not as much as prof. prof has consistently been accurate in his reads. Mantle being town, Radish being SK, Hatz being town, Yoshiya being scum.

I agree, to "scan" Prof would be a bad strategy for scum, but to "scan" Carl and DT is almost worse, since they were not very high on the townie list.

Ok, I understand your point. In future I'll push my suspects when we don't have an obvious one.

Isn't Linkz dead now? After double checking I'm pretty sure I lynched, unless we have a few more silenced people again this round. Confirm Stefl?

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War