By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

prof, I'm not denying you credit for recognizing radish as scum. Congrats. I won't let you take away my crapping though. If it was so terrible, why hadn't anyone else pointed out the contradiction? Why was I alone in calling bullshit on his claim immediately after he made it? Why was I the most adamant about not leashing him Night 2 while you said we should let him try to win?

Around the Network

Also, since he was lynched I forgot that I never explained why SKs should absolutely never be leashed. An exposed SK knows that they'll have to be lynched at some point, so it is in their best interest to try to take out town so that the numbers become such that town can't lynch the SK or they would lose to mafia. Mafia might lose a member or two in the process, but the extra townie kills from the SK also help get the numbers down faster, bringing mylo/lylo earlier than they could alone. And going by the information radish gave and the assumption that all mafia are humans, lynching radish was the only choice, because it would immediately drop the number of night kills.

I didn't bring this up Night 2, because had the lot of you decided to play with fire I was going to block radish anyway.

Personally, I've found happy's play admirable.

I am chagrined that I have fewer posts than the mod.

Didn't Smeags already claim Godlike instead of shadowspawn? If so, that would contraindicate attempted backpedaling. Even if not, I'd still be inclined to believe he just got a little carried away with his flavor speak, though less confident of course.

I have to say, blocking the cop and supposedly having a jailkeeper shot in a game with a doc and a nurse et cetera looks MIGHTY bad for Linkz, not to mention the guilty scan we have.

Considering how powerful the Silence is, it makes some sense that there would only be one use of it available. It could have been set up like a game of chicken: use it before it's too late, or hold out to try to outlast the counter-role and then use it. What boggles my mind it that it was used immediately, and not fixed. Unless it's a one-shot that only works defending against the Silencer on the night it's done, but that's just insanely unlikely IMO. I have to wonder what was going on with mantle that he was unable to fix it. Or was he blocked? I forget, and it's real forgetting this time and not just retardedly not noticing the Silenced guy on the scoreboard.

Anyway, the Silencer would have two shots, maximum. Maybe he's saving the other one.

I think I'm prepared to lynch Linkz, but I'd rather give this Night a little time to mature and give people a chance to weigh in before jumping on the wagon. Also, I'll be asleep soon and unable to react to potential craziness.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

The Smeags comment sort of got ninja'd.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Linkzmax said:
prof, I'm not denying you credit for recognizing radish as scum. Congrats. I won't let you take away my crapping though. If it was so terrible, why hadn't anyone else pointed out the contradiction? Why was I alone in calling bullshit on his claim immediately after he made it? Why was I the most adamant about not leashing him Night 2 while you said we should let him try to win?

Because 'hypocricy' is not a good tell, as evidenced directly by your push for our doctor.

Yes, Why did you push to lynch him when I said he should shoot nen?

Around the Network

FF, be a pal and thank me on your scumboard at least. I will enjoy reading that post-game.

Smeags said:
theprof00 said:

Try to keep your story straight. Radish could NEVER accomplish his task of killing all the shadowspawn. You're a liar.

What part of my story isn't straight?

Two chances to kill a light based character.

Targeted DarkThanatos. Miss 1.

Targeted Carl. Miss 2.

Now I am powerless. Revealed my information last night (and didn't release my power-check) in hopes that I would be a target for a midnight kill (or at least a false block).

Do not be so hasty with your accusations.

Why didn't you target a confirmed scum radish?

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

Because 'hypocricy' is not a good tell, as evidenced directly by your push for our doctor.

Yes, Why did you push to lynch him when I said he should shoot nen?

zero =/= radish.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4812866

theprof00 said:

Why didn't you target a confirmed scum radish?

Because at Midnight One I wasn't sure Radish was scum, and I was highly suspicious of DarkThatanos (I actually chose Carl at first, then I changed my vote to DT).

And by Midnight Two he was already lynched... and I was so sure Carl was scum. Believe me, I was quite disappointed when he was still breathing for Night 3.

Linkzmax said:
FF, be a pal and thank me on your scumboard at least. I will enjoy reading that post-game.

I would if I could.