By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

nen-suer said:
DarkThanatos said:

I have no idea if it's possible, what i meant was, as this is a huge game apparently, 

There are two scum factions. One is "Mafia" in the traditional sense. Another is also Mafia, but under a different name.  

uhh, as an example. Town are criminals, Mafia is Cops, and other party is Anti-drugs Agency or something. 

Judging by the amount of deaths at midnights i think it safe to assume we have one mafia faction.

happydolphin said:

@Mod. I would like to advise you that there has been a crucial post editing somewhere in the begining of the game. I think it's very dishonest and unacceptable. Should I PM you or lay out the details here? I think it would be good for everyone to know.

That's a serious accusation. I'd like you to reveal it here if you're sure about it.

That was my first thought, but we have had a doctor and a nurse. And as we've been saying, there are a lot of powerful roles, so i dont think it's too far out to get a roleblocker as well. 

Round 2 after we lost our doc, so there was a mafia kill. Serial Killer was dead. There is still feasible a roleblocker out there, which could have blocked the other faction, or perhaps they recruited another SK or something. 

But as i said, you guys know much more then me :P It was just an idea :) I guess we'll confirm from nightkills tonight. 

Also Yes, I want to know who is supposedly cheating

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Around the Network

Please forgive and ignore my doubts of Hatmoza, I got confused with a second quote of the same post.

Sorry, hadnt refreshed page when I replied.

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

happydolphin said:
Please forgive and ignore my doubts of Hatmoza, I got confused with a second quote of the same post.

Yeah it was just a further post. He responded twice to the same quote, then I gave him some bullshit and he ran with it without checking the facts. I remember that part well.

tabaha said:

then next time make sure you don't write stuff in a way that could be mis-interpreted. Last time I checked "WHY U NO CHANGE IT." is still present. Not past tense.

And you wouldn't be lynched anyway. Or should i have voted Yoshi even though it was unecessary?

In this case the lolgrammar does not distinguish between present and past tense.  "Why do you not change it" versus "why did you not change it" -- the operating word is missing. 

MORE LIES, INSTALYNCH (jk)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
tabaha said:

then next time make sure you don't write stuff in a way that could be mis-interpreted. Last time I checked "WHY U NO CHANGE IT." is still present. Not past tense.

And you wouldn't be lynched anyway. Or should i have voted Yoshi even though it was unecessary?

In this case the lolgrammar does not distinguish between present and past tense.  "Why do you not change it" versus "why did you not change it" -- the operating word is missing. 

MORE LIES, INSTALYNCH (jk)

As I said post right after it, I was thinking he was talking about the votes on last night and not in night one. I failed there for not following the links. Sorry. I suck. You win. Happy?

Everyone hates the proofreader

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

TruckOSaurus said:
Linkzmax said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Of course you could have. What could have prevent you from it?

That would amount to suicide if and when happy flips a named shadowling.

According to you, the theme is easy to figure out (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4800547), then you being scum gives you additional information and you've played with prof enough that you had to know what he was up to with his line of questionning with HappyD (I certainly did).

Yes, scum would know 'We're all humans/heroes or shadowspawn that yearn for the light/to leave the darkness or godlike whatevers.' That would tell them that they're beings of light and town = darkness. That wouldn't tell them that town humans are "corrupt humans" or shadowspawn consists of both "shadowspawn" and "shadowlings" and that they have descriptions.

Praytell, how did you know what prof was up to with his line of questioning?

happydolphin said:
Linkzmax said:
happydolphin said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Oh about Happy, he's certainly not in my most trusted list. That little exchange with prof didn't sit well with me and he's been hiding too long behind the excuse that he's not used to our big games.

I'd expect to have just about as many posts as you this game. I've been participating a similar amount to you, so I'm not sure why you'd distrust me.

D'ailleurs, I'm the first to claim Corrupted Human, so it would be quite odd for a non-corrupted human to be able to come up with that.

Linkzmax said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Of course you could have. What could have prevent you from it?

That would amount to suicide if and when happy flips a named shadowling.

It could have been just a townie mistake on your part. If it was scum pitting town v town (which I suspected), then yes in retrospect it would be putting you in a very bad spot (which you already are in, and I wouldn't think town would be silly enough to let you go from the vice they have you in currently).

Then we're in a different state of opinion on the matter. That's the kind of thing that one is not simply just wrong about. If you were shadowling with a name and the issue got pushed to your lynch and you indeed flipped a town named shadowling, I would have expected either prof or myself to be lynched. And if it was prof first, who somehow lied the whole thing into existence, I would expect to have been lynched after him, otherwise my lynch would have proved both actually exist.

And I see you still have a skewed view of what went on there. While I was with prof about shadowlings not having a name, I did not agree that you were a liar. However, I was saying that you caused the mess to be much bigger than it had to have been.

@bold. I never said as much. All you did was follow the convo and put pressure on me, never mentioning anything about what you were or were not. As such, you would have nothing we could tag you on no matter what I flipped, because you were just playing devil's advocate and never made a specific claim (i.e. shadowlings have a name, shadowlings don't have a name), you were just saying "HappyD, you don't know _if_ shadowlings don't have names". So I don't only disagree, but I have a reason to. You don't. Prof however would have been in danger of a lynch in that occurrence since he claimed nameless shadowspawn at the time, you didn't.

So me hypothetically flipping named shadowling would not lead to your death in any way. So your point to TOS up there ^^, it's BS.

This makes it ever so clear to me that your prestine game by which you claim the least possible so as to not be pegged anythings gives me the suspicion that you're hiding something. Once you knew how the flavor worked, you claimed "talented" shadowling or something like that. Luckily we have a conclusive scan from prof to get rid of you before you make any more ripples and mislead town by attacking a player you know has been an easy target (myself).

I put pressure on you to be a better player, as I do many of the newbs. I realize you probably aren't familiar with the MINHA round, but when I posted http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4789313 I was very much acknowledging what I was. Otherwise it's like,
"You're completely right"
"How do you know?"
"Ummm I don't know. I'm just assuming for no reason."

What do you think would be the reason to hide character type anyway? Who's been lynched on flavor hunting? I claimed "talented" because that's what I am. I could have claimed it from the start, and for that matter there's still unclaimed shadowspawn/lings as well as players that haven't claimed anything at all. There's no possible way scum could learn that a "talented" doesn't actually exist.

And again, prof's scan isn't conclusive in the slightest since I'm not scum. Conclusive is when I'm killed/lynched and flip town.

DarkThanatos said:
Linkzmax said:

DarkThanatos said:

On your point about Yoshiya being vanilla with so many powerful role claims, maybe there is an extra large mafia? Maybe there is a 3rd party faction? Does that ever happen with two mafia equivilants? 

What do you mean by two mafia equivilants?

I have no idea if it's possible, what i meant was, as this is a huge game apparently, 

There are two scum factions. One is "Mafia" in the traditional sense. Another is also Mafia, but under a different name.  

uhh, as an example. Town are criminals, Mafia is Cops, and other party is Anti-drugs Agency or something. 

Okay, I thought you might have slipped that you know there are two mafia equivilants, because you have a smaller team(say 3 people) than would be expected.(4 or 5 given at least one SK and a vanilla mafiaso)

Possible, but as nen said it seems unlikely. I don't think town has a full-time roleblocker to account for the lack of a silence/second death last Midnight and if there's two squads I don't see why both would have targeted hat.