By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

@Trucks:
Either I get bussed with a townie, or prof is redirected to a townie. How could you forget, Duke?

Stefl1504 said:

L-6 L-5 L-4 L-3 L-2 L-1 Lynch
yoshiya nen prof FF Trucks happy mantle  
carl2291 yoshi tabaha

mantle

smeags

tabaha DarkT            
Linkz Noctis            

prof, DT, and nen? voted for a time limit.

I'm going to vote for yoshi in 18 minutes, assuming nobody else does before then. No votes after until Stefl checks in.

Around the Network

Vote incoming!

Vote: yoshi

Linkzmax said:

@Trucks:

Either I get bussed with a townie, or prof is redirected to a townie. How could you forget, Duke?

I haven't forgotten, I'm trying to see what you guys have in your team. You say that had you been scum you wouldn't have let yourself be scanned but there's very few instances where that would even be possible. After all, prof having suspicions about Yoshi Night 2 didn't automatically mean he was a cop, so the use of a redirector would have been a guess and the scum bus driver isn't that common of a role (or shouldn't be at least).

So you can't use "I wouldn't have let myself be scanned" as evidence that you are town.

Signature goes here!

You're right, I didn't consider prof as a cop because I'm not looking for a cop. However, when I'm scum I look for that, and prof's lists would have made it obvious he had something on yoshi.(Which would have been all the more apparent as I would know yoshi is also scum) So not much of a guess.

And I'm not using that as evidence that I'm town.(at least not directly) I'm using it as evidence that smeags won't be manipulated.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
You're right, I didn't consider prof as a cop because I'm not looking for a cop. However, when I'm scum I look for that, and prof's lists would have made it obvious he had something on yoshi.(Which would have been all the more apparent as I would know yoshi is also scum) So not much of a guess.

And I'm not using that as evidence that I'm town.(at least not directly) I'm using it as evidence that smeags won't be manipulated.

Mafia had no reason to think I was cop in the slightest.

I stood up for spurge and mario, saying they are both likely cop and doc.
I included and removed players from my list seemingly haphazardly
I questioned why people suspected my suspects, and even said I was hesitant because of it
Two kinds of 'cop' have shown up.

There was really no reason to think I was a cop.

And even if it was discerned, who would my next target likely be? A redirect only helps when the redirecter knows who the original target was. Secondly, hatmoza would still be here, not me, because redirecting hat would be easy. You just direct to the same target he had midnight 1.

Linkzmax said:

So you aren't town yourself?

Smeags said:

I have a staff that can only destroy those that are allied with the light. It cannot harm those allied with the darkness. If however, I kill someone with the light, the staff goes into overdrive, and I am able to kill anyone, despite their alliances.

Is there an explanation as to why the staff goes into overdrive and you can kill anyone? Basically why would a Keeper of Darkness be able to kill dark-aligned?

1. It says that I win with the town. That's it as far as my win-condition goes. So I'm just playing as if I'm with the town. If town wins, I win. Anything else doesn't matter.

2. The term Vigilante only comes into play when my staff goes into overdrive, which means only then (once I killed someone who dwells in the light) can I kill both town and non-town players. Until then, I can only affect light-dwellers. Other than that, there's really no explanation to it, other than my weapon of choice is a staff.

Smeags said:
Linkzmax said:

So you aren't town yourself?

Smeags said:

I have a staff that can only destroy those that are allied with the light. It cannot harm those allied with the darkness. If however, I kill someone with the light, the staff goes into overdrive, and I am able to kill anyone, despite their alliances.

Is there an explanation as to why the staff goes into overdrive and you can kill anyone? Basically why would a Keeper of Darkness be able to kill dark-aligned?

1. It says that I win with the town. That's it as far as my win-condition goes. So I'm just playing as if I'm with the town. If town wins, I win. Anything else doesn't matter.

2. The term Vigilante only comes into play when my staff goes into overdrive, which means only then (once I killed someone who dwells in the light) can I kill both town and non-town players. Until then, I can only affect light-dwellers. Other than that, there's really no explanation to it, other than my weapon of choice is a staff.

who did you target nights 1 and 2 and what result messages did you receive from stefl?

Linkzmax said:

So you actually got a result Midnight 1? I would think the lack of a dead Carl is proof enough that you hadn't killed him Midnight 2. Was it ever clarified what Stefl was trying to tell you?

I was told that I failed on midnight one.

As for midnight two, I had to leave for the beach last weekend, so I sent in my PM Friday afternoon (right when midnight #2 started) but Stefl couldn't respond to me because of a PM glitch. I wasn't participating at first in night #3 because I wanted to know if he got my initial PM targeting Carl for midnight. He did, and nothing happened to Carl. That's where I am now.

theprof00 said:

who did you target nights 1 and 2 and what result messages did you receive from stefl?

My response to Linkz above should answer your question. Feel free to ask away if you have any more questions.