By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

nen-suer said:

Ok, i think we had enough data so lets provide another one to the mix.

I was silenced and my vote this night will not count toward any lynch (will still show up the in the table)

plus i can't use my night action (if i have one).

Maybe this action was aimed at radish, but he & I got bussed?

But why would a mafia busser switch me with radish after silencing him ?!

According to the wiki a silencer doesn't participate in the mafia meeting and he is like a "spy".

So him targeting radish was maybe due to the fact he acted alone?

Or i was indeed the silncer's target and no busser was involved in this.

Here's my problem with this.

So, we know that radish was targeted and doc'd. perhaps. And we know that you were silenced.
Strategically, an SK who is working with town could be devastating, so it would make sense to both kill and silence him. (actually it would make sense to only silence him) We know that the actions hit two different targets. The silencer hit you and the kill hit radish. This would make sense in two cases:

a) they wanted to kill you and silence him, and the bussing failed
b) a spy acted alone in silencing radish, and by doing so, hit you when a bussing occurred.
c) the bussing was done by a townie, unpredictably

So that was two situations in which the bussing failed, and when it was unpredicted.
Here are the counter-arguments to them:

a) This would entail a town blocker correctly hitting a busser.... but even before that, why would a mafia busser bus you two in the first place? Normally, a busser would bus a mafia with a townie because it causes confusion for the cop, and a particularly obvious mafia would not receive doc'ing either (except here, the assumption should've been that there was no doc). The problem with this event is that:

-I had already called you out as a potential bussing target (if you're mafia)
-the only cop results would've been radish=townie or scum depending on you, which should've already been clear to everyone that he was scum, and any cop wouldn't have inestigated you either.
-Someone trying to kill radish would hit a town nen and fail. If anything, pick someone else, so if the idea really was to push a vig kill around, it would actually do something. Vice versa, they were already targetting radish for a kill. Again, I called you an unkillable, so even someone targeting you wouldn't make sense.
-There was no doc, and little chance of a nurse.

Most of the advantage for bussing you with Radish would be lost, so this whole scenario just doesn't make sense, though still possible.

b) A spy acting alone would hit you, and the kill would hit him.  So even here the bussing doesn't make sense. 

c) unfortunately, this seems to be the only one that really makes sense given my understanding of what is going on without leaving in my theories. This is just cursory knowledge. The only problem with this one, is, why kill you?

I have to say, that without theorizing as to the factors in play, the entire scenario in totality, doesn't make a lick of sense except in the case that mafia simply screwed up and chose poorly.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:

We need confirmation from Stefl about nen.

Look at my eyes. These are not the eyes of a liar.

TruckOSaurus said:

Because I have no reason to think otherwise. This game is set as a light vs dark battle and I can't see shadowspawn on the side of light ("enlightened" shadowspawn doesn't seem likely to me).

need you to post more.

hatmoza said:

won't be on much if at all the next 2 days. hatmoza be conventioning it up. I vote truck coz I believe he is scum mafia.

Nah.

When you get back vote Yoshi & i'll watch one episode of My little....you know.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Nen why do you want to lynch yoshi?

Trucks, DT, HappyD, hat, Linkz ,prof, Mantle, Noc = I think are town (from most to least)
*process of elimination leave*
tabaha,Carl,Smeags, FF,yoshi

FF, Tab, Smeags : Offered minimum contribution and played it safe. Didn't make any obvious mistakes
In FF case he is usually more active day 2 when he's town not to mention he also always suspect me
of being scum (bad history between us) he only think I'm town when he's scum.

Carl: Plays like his usual self. don't see him as a priority target right now

Yoshi:

was late to claim
claimed corrupted human
claimed vanilla when no one asked for his role just his character.
radish failed to kill him (still not sure if radish understood his role fully)
Wanted Zero dead.
Give me bad vibes.

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Lol, it's not that black and white at all when I suspect you. And the grudge wasn't held by me
As for inactivity -- sure, I'm not in the top 3, but I don't think I've been posting minimally. Linkz called me useless though, so whatever.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Lol, it's not that black and white at all when I suspect you. And the grudge wasn't held by me
As for inactivity -- sure, I'm not in the top 3, but I don't think I've been posting minimally. Linkz called me useless though, so whatever.

Hey, any grudge i held died in the "charismas" round

And top 3?! Dude your closer to the bottom 3 (in a round where Noc & Smeags are playing)

I won't call you usleess tho. Linkz is little grumpy this round (was surprised when he butted heads with spurg), but i think he is

mostly disappointed with you and trying to push you to be more active.

by the way, nen is off my suspect list.

My lynch list is:

yoshi, hat, carl.

Wonder why the new night hasn't started yet. It's been over 24 hours.

Maybe Stefl is busy?

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Nope not busy, I will start night 3 arround 10:00 GMT