By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

theprof00 said:
Happy, there exosts a pretty typical role called busdriver. The bd targets two people and the actions switch, ie anyone targetting x would hit y and vice versa.
mafia will generally bus themselves because it means that any cop pr vigilante will hit the other person instead. Its kind of like a z-dimension doc for the scum.
Which means that a scum who is likely to be cop scanned will be switched, meaning that the cop will scan y instead, often resulting in a "innocent" scan if they correctly switch with a townie.
similarly with the vigilante, the vig will hit the townie instead.

Hat pretending like a busdriver is crazy talk is just more proof there is one. Its quite a popular scum role and hat has seen many of them. Even in the game of thrones game, hat had a "redirector" which is like a busdriver, but instead you redirect a player who you target onto another player. In this way, mafia were able to control trucks cop scans into making everyone think that trucks' targets were town when he actually had scanned mafia.

Okay, that helps. So how would hats be using it in this case, what would his options be?

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
mantlepiecek said:

Yeah, that as well. "LOL guys, I am the strong POWER ROLE, HONESTLY GUYS!!!"

"Oh yeah, DOCTOR, if you are alive, protect me kay?"

Now we see both of them lynched by town.

And it would have been radish instead, if linkz had his way.

Oh dear, we could've foolishly lynched the likely SK. That would have been much worse than what ended up happening because nobody(save prof) listened to me there.

Well.

You have a point there. Still, not that great to your reputation he? A person comes around saying he is either of doctor or cop and you don't even care to verify.

Like I said, I am not saying anymore. You can call me scum/town/SK/anything really. Even "cultist".

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the scum consisted completely of lackluster players.

F-F, Carl, Smeags, dark, and noctis.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

@happy
Being the natural choice for a cop target, i mean who wouldnt want to know if hat was scum, it would end up hitting y townie, which tells the cop "your target was innocent" the cop has no idea the switch took place.

mantlepiecek said:
Linkzmax said:
mantlepiecek said:

Yeah, that as well. "LOL guys, I am the strong POWER ROLE, HONESTLY GUYS!!!"

"Oh yeah, DOCTOR, if you are alive, protect me kay?"

Now we see both of them lynched by town.

And it would have been radish instead, if linkz had his way.

Oh dear, we could've foolishly lynched the likely SK. That would have been much worse than what ended up happening because nobody(save prof) listened to me there.

Well.

You have a point there. Still, not that great to your reputation he? A person comes around saying he is either of doctor or cop and you don't even care to verify.

Like I said, I am not saying anymore. You can call me scum/town/SK/anything really. Even "cultist".

What does the bold mean?

I explained why I thought zero didn't actually have a role, or at least not a town role. I was not expecting him to be a hypocrit.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
I am instituting a quarantine around linkz, nen, spurge, tabaha, hatz.
Nobody talk to any of them.

Feel free to read their posts, but do not engage them. They are in the business of messing with your mind and getting you all upset.

Sorry prof, I'm not going to give up because you essentially are forcing me to do so. My words can still carry weight now or moreso after I'm killed/lynched.

nen-suer said:
spurgeonryan said:
I do not think nen would have pushed me to vote if he was scum.

See when someone like prof dont notice thing as simple as this you know he is scum.

And now grouping me with Linkz & suggesting i should be lynched before him is lol worthy.

I'd really like him to start a lynch train on me to blow it sky high. Want me dead ? Better pay me a personal visit :)

I assume "him" is me? No, if zero flipped scum then I'd be all over you. As it is, I lean that you are not scum that tried to get townie points by trying to protect a semi-claimed town power.

radishhead said:
The votes were still moving around a lot when I unvoted- I assumed (badly, as always) that something would happen before the deadline. All I wanted was for Zero to not be lynched- I was happy for Mario to die, but not enough to place a vote; obviously, I should have done so. Anyway, this is old news- let's focus on the situation we're in.

I'm not willing to put complete trust into Prof, but I do agree with his statement that Linkz or Hat are probably decent starting points. Hat was too pushing of a Zero lynch though; I'm thinking that he can't be mafia because he'd know how bad that'd make him look(if that makes any sense?)- or maybe it's just reverse psychology.

Ugh, you are so bad! But thanks for proving that you don't readily learn anything in Mafia.

Yoshiya said:
Well daym. That did not go down well at all ;-;

I did get something useful out of it though I think. We know that Mario was pro-town and we also know he had the ability to track "shadow magic". Out of the people that have claimed thus far Radish stands out way above everyone else as being a "shadow magic" user. Now why would town need help tracking something which is supposedly beneficial to town (although from what you guys have suggested, in the hands of Radish this might not be the case haha). This coupled with my previous points on Radish as well as the fact that it was his unvote that has left us in a position where we are two town down is enough to convince me that he is an SK and not a Vigilante as he so claims.

HoS: Radishhead

I'm curious Yoshi, have you claimed a race yet? If you haven't, that's fine for now.

For your hypothetical question, town that could only track town would act as a semi-cop that can confirm town(power) but a result of nothing would mean vanilla or scum. Quite a powerful role indeed.

When did bus driver become a regular role for scum? I thought that after it's first use, most everyone agreed that it was an overpowered role for Mafia and that we shouldn't use it anymore but now we're acting like it's a common occurrence that we should always be wary of.

Signature goes here!