By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - if you could make a game what genre would it be?

so as the tittle says if you could make any game you want what genre would it be? what kind of game would you make? also feel free to say anything about it :D

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
I would make a RPG game, it'll be more like the classic Final Fantasy gameplay style but it wouldnt be 2D but 3D in a sense.

Imagine FFXIII graphics but with FFIV/FFV/FFVI gameplay *_*!

i would imagine but i never played a final fantasy game :O 

rpg or some sort of action rpg, it would be more Japanese than Western as well.

RPG, although I would like to make lots of different games in different genres, if I could only make 1 it would be a JRPG.

Great stoy and great character development =). More action-ish battle style.

Laurel Aitken said:
RPG, although I would like to make lots of different games in different genres, if I could only make 1 it would be a JRPG.

you can mention what other types of games you would make :P and it seems everybody wants to make an RPG

Around the Network

Post apocalyptic RPG

lool everybody would make a RPG!!

I would make a mash up of platformer and RPG, since they are my two favourite genres. Kind of like the Ratchet or Jak games I guess. I'm not sure how it'd work, I've never really thought about designing a game, but I'd figure it out.

edit: Actually, if I was given the money to make any videogame, I'd probably revive one of my favourite dead IP's.

bananaking21 said:
Laurel Aitken said:

you can mention what other types of games you would make :P and it seems everybody wants to make an RPG

Yes, I think it's because it can be a very story-driven game. With more freedom and more design choices.

I would like to make a semi-stealth 3rd person shooter with lots of choices by the player. On a thick rainforest, where you can have very little ammo and only some few items, so, it would have survival elements as well. 

The enemy would be a private international company, that sells war tachnology, even private soldiers. They would be making biological experiments on the rain forest (with humans, animals, etc). And some of them had escaped into the wild, so you would not only fight the soldiers and guards, but lots of bizarre enemies, which could be very scary. The game could have day-night mechanics, adding to the scary part, and climate change mechanics as well. 

I know it sound a lot like MGS, but it's like a MGS-Silent Hill hybrid. Also, it wouldn't be too story-driven, more like action-driven and the story develops just by your actions.

Combination FPS and RPG, really open world. Kinda like Fallout 3 but much smoother shooting mechanics.