By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - iOS has more AAA games than PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, PS Vita and PC COMBINED...

it's much easier for ios receive +9,0, because they mention half-dozen critics, while ps3 and xbox 360 games are usually evaluated by +50 critics... in what world broken sword (9,1) and monkey island 2 (9,3) are betten than dark souls (8,9) ou valkyria chronicles (8,6)?

Around the Network

After looking at several examples, I don't think we can directly compare the two markets in terms of Metacritic score. Mobile games seem to have a lot of dedicated site who review those games but not traditional games. It also seems like those publications give away 100s like candy. When the gaming sites from the console industry give a mobile game a high review, it still often comes in under what the mobile-only sites gave it. I think we're looking to two scales that aren't perfectly aligned.

Also, in a real situation, had most of those iOS games been released first on a console, would they have gotten all those 100s? Would all those games have been given a higher score than Mario Galaxy or Portal 2? How much does relativity of price play into that?

No, you can say that iOS has a ton of quality games, but directly comparing those games to console games is a waste of time.

man-bear-pig said:

...in 2012, using pezus' definition of a AAA game being a game which has 90+ on metacritic.

See for yourself.

It's official: iOS is the highest quality gaming platform so far this year.

Forget IOS.... What matters is that ioi has the most AAA games... by far!

This includes the epic game Brett!

Here is proof:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/74/ioi/

And more on Brett:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/30881/brett/ 

brendude13 said:
And who defines what AAA is?

Somebody looks at what's on offer and goes AAA NOT MORE FUCKIN PICTIONARY / WORMS / FLAVOUR OF THE HOUR CLONES

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

MegamanZX said:

... in what world broken sword (9,1) and monkey island 2 (9,3) are betten than dark souls (8,9) ou valkyria chronicles (8,6)?

In mine. Bad comparison, all 4 are great games.

Around the Network

People worry too much about AAA ratings. It's just an industry designation placed on titles months in advance of release by analysts and publishers in order to let retailers know what they should stock and how much. It's just a projection. It helps immensely when distributors send you a product list with dozens and dozens of titles on it. Most people in charge of product acquisition aren't going to look up each and every game listed because most of it is crap. That was especially true when the Wii was hot and the party games and shovel-ware were being churned out by the truckload.

hahaha yeah right based on 5-8 critic reviews LOL,for example uc2 has 96 based on 105 reviews so yeah.....

8 o

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

pokoko said:
After looking at several examples, I don't think we can directly compare the two markets in terms of Metacritic score. Mobile games seem to have a lot of dedicated site who review those games but not traditional games. It also seems like those publications give away 100s like candy. When the gaming sites from the console industry give a mobile game a high review, it still often comes in under what the mobile-only sites gave it. I think we're looking to two scales that aren't perfectly aligned.

Also, in a real situation, had most of those iOS games been released first on a console, would they have gotten all those 100s? Would all those games have been given a higher score than Mario Galaxy or Portal 2? How much does relativity of price play into that?

No, you can say that iOS has a ton of quality games, but directly comparing those games to console games is a waste of time.

You are right, the scales can not be compared. Consoles have the Jim-Sterling-Handicap.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

So the OP should read: According to MBP's definition of what could be AAA, which pezus didn't disagree with...

Actually I believe it's a suffiently deceptive (and slanderous to pezus) OP that it really should be moderated, or edited by MBP before it gets moderated.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix