By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do You Loathe Apple Anyway? Apple Hate is TOTALLY Out of Control!

disolitude said:
kowenicki said:

Apple really needs to deliver with iPhone 5 and iOS 6 though. It's about time they pushed the bar again...

Could you be more specific?

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

Okay, one thing I do want to mention is I'm tired of the "Inferior HW at a higher price" thing.

Okay, I'm no tech wizard and I hardly care about power, but I'd take iPhone's intuitive and easy to use design than Android's clunky and unfriendly interface any day. MacBook Pro is expensive, but I adore it. It's really intuitive and easy to use, the programs and Apps work amazingly well. I think it's good for people that can spend a little more.

Android 1-2.x ok, I'll give you that... Android 4.x blows away iOS UI (tablet or phone). Hell even the first couple versions of iOS were crap by comparison.

Mac OS is not in any way better than Win7. (not so sure about 8 yet lol) and with the right build (i.e. not buying a PC with all the bloat crap) a Win7 device will run better for less money.

Soleron said:
superchunk said:
2) Apple's products cost FAR more than they are worth.

Normally I agree with you on stuff like this.

But, value is what people are willing to pay. And in the case of Apple they have brought the VALUE of the product up much higher than the price. So much so that people seem to have unlimited money for iPads while claiming they don't have enough money to buy a cinema ticket.

The value of each component added together is much less than an iPhone. But the iPhone as designed by a normal company with the same parts would suffer on build quality, software inconsistency, raw edges visible throughout the user experience in software and hardware and even in just fighting with the plastic sheath it comes in. The iPhone does what people want it to do and for sure it's lacking in "features" but that is not why the mass market even buys phones. They buy them to phone, text, email, browse the internet, listen to music and take quick photos. And Apple makes each of those things a near perfect experience. If you want to do more it's limiting, but people don't. The lack of manual focus on the camera says everything about why Apple does what it does.

The amazing part is that this value is not a result of 'cheating'. The advertising isn't misleading, there's no weak area you discover in 6 months that'll get to you, and it's not selling on image alone.

Apple don't even care that you aren't a customer, because they aren't targeting you. It's a miracle of capitalism that the shareholders haven't pushed Apple to sell their products to "everyone" because ultimately that would devalue the item or defocus the goal of the product (in your case).

tl;dr Apple are doing it right but it's not for everyone.

Value is subjective, so fine you may be right in that. However, you can get anything Apple offers to the exact same degree or better for less money in other products. If people actually sit down and consider a non-Apple product that isn't a dirt cheap pos, they'll see they are always paying more for the same thing or paying the same price for an inferior product.

superchunk said:

Android 1-2.x ok, I'll give you that... Android 4.x blows away iOS UI (tablet or phone). Hell even the first couple versions of iOS were crap by comparison.

Mac OS is not in any way better than Win7. (not so sure about 8 yet lol) and with the right build (i.e. not buying a PC with all the bloat crap) a Win7 device will run better for less money.

I guess it's up to preference, I like iOS better.

Also, a pretty stupid example, but this compiles many of my thoughts of PC vs MAC.

People feel the need to hate popular things because they falsely believe that makes them an original or a free-thinker.

They're under the impression that by not following the herd, they're not victims of the marketing gurus. But the way I see it, the guy who buys an iPod just because Apple makes it and the guy who doesn't buy an iPod just because Apple makes it are both fucking idiots.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

Okay, one thing I do want to mention is I'm tired of the "Inferior HW at a higher price" thing.

Okay, I'm no tech wizard and I hardly care about power, but I'd take iPhone's intuitive and easy to use design than Android's clunky and unfriendly interface any day. MacBook Pro is expensive, but I adore it. It's really intuitive and easy to use, the programs and Apps work amazingly well. I think it's good for people that can spend a little more.

I grow tired of iOs' old feeling, the os feels so dated, its the same thing from the first iphone back in 2007, not much changed. The icons and buttons are too little. Everything is so big and colorful in ICS.

To be fair, I haven't liked Apple since 1994 and we had to use Macintosh computers at school. The iPod didn't impress me and the same with iPhone, especially since the first used EDGE and was the same price as a PS3.

As for the ruling, as much as I wanted Samsung to win, I knew they weren't. Hell, the original Samsung Galaxy screamed iPhone clone, specifically the Galaxy S. My boss had one of those phones and until I got a closer look, I thought it was an iPhone.

The real reason?
Overpriced and overrated.
Overpriced because it costs twice as much as any other computer that has the same specs.
Overrated because its Apple. Apple could make poop on the side road look like golden pieces of crispy bacon. There good at marketing. In 2003, Microsoft introduced the tablet. No one was interested. Apple introduces the iPad in 2008, the world is amazed and hyped. -_-

Soleron said:
disolitude said:
kowenicki said:

Apple really needs to deliver with iPhone 5 and iOS 6 though. It's about time they pushed the bar again...

Could you be more specific?

Just when manufacturers were starting to beat iPhone 3GS with Androids and WP7 devices were about to launch with pretty high specs for the time, iPhone 4 came out and blew every phone out or in the in the pipeline in terms of screen quality, specs, design quality, premium feel. iOS 4 also looked great on the new screen and added functionality was ahead of the competition. 

Two years later there are device that look more attractive (Lumia 800/900) and feel more premium (HTX OneX) and have better cameras and specs (Galaxy S3) than the latest iPhone hence Apple needs to start they cycle again and push the bar... That is if it wants to be the company that everyone else is going to try copy and follow. 

Superchunk has all the answers.