By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Silent Hill HD Fixed on PS3, 360 Owners Screwed Over

Now you understand how it feels to be a PS3 Skyrim owner.

Around the Network
Jdevil3 said:
Have they fixed everything? Is there any site that has a comparisson of the games without the patch and the games with it? I'd like to see it.

And does anyone know if they'll release the games with the patch on disc?

I don't think it's been completely fixed, the game runs just fine 95% of the time, there are still framerate lags every once in a while, but not really a noticable issue anymore.

Comparision is unnecessary becasue the game was unplayable before the patch, literally, in SH2 James' legs would fly all over the screen during cutscenes.

The worst part was the day 1 patch, they obviously knew about all the problems but they still released it anyway, I almost sent Konami a detailed action plan of what I'll do to their mothers.

Still, now that this crap is over, the quality of two games make it a worthy purchase, even though the publishers are total A-holes.

Carl2291 said:
Exclusive DLC is a bitch, isnt it 360 fans?

Ouch, that's a serious burn! lol

Wow that s** for the 360 people :/

Wow that s** for the 360 people :/

Around the Network
iBlah said:
Jdevil3 said:
Have they fixed everything? Is there any site that has a comparisson of the games without the patch and the games with it? I'd like to see it.

And does anyone know if they'll release the games with the patch on disc?

I don't think it's been completely fixed, the game runs just fine 95% of the time, there are still framerate lags every once in a while, but not really a noticable issue anymore.

Comparision is unnecessary becasue the game was unplayable before the patch, literally, in SH2 James' legs would fly all over the screen during cutscenes.

The worst part was the day 1 patch, they obviously knew about all the problems but they still released it anyway, I almost sent Konami a detailed action plan of what I'll do to their mothers.

Still, now that this crap is over, the quality of two games make it a worthy purchase, even though the publishers are total A-holes.

Ok, thanks for the answer :)

I've found a post in neogaf that explains a little bit more about what's been fixed and what still needs fixing:

Hijinx is the developer that made the HD Collection, they are of cause partially responsible as well. But primarily it's Konami for a) choosing a developer to make the port who apparently isn't capable of doing a proper port and b) releasing the game in such a horrible state

Both games have still problems after the patch, but the patch was a significant improvement.
The fog is improved and +- comparable to the PC version, voice sync issues are fixed, performance is at least in SH2 ok, ridiculous scenes like the the one with Maria in the park where you could see the end of the level is fixed and properly foggy and all in all, there's not much broken or completely terrible in SH2 anymore.
The boat scene is slightly better but still not very good and the strange changes like the darker road texture are unchanged.
SH2 HD could be better, but it's playable and ok in my opinion.
SH3 HD has unfortunately more problems. fps are in some few areas unstable (stays playable, but is noticeable slower), the depth of field effect is missing and issues with shadows so they look blocky.
Bearable and playable as well but in need of an additional patch to be on par with the PS2 version.

Maybe the best way to replay them is to just play the PC versions or emulate the PS2 versions in 1920x1080 as it seems they're still better than the HD Collection...

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P