By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: PS Vita projects being moved to Wii U

This thread has gone full retard...

ot: I don't see the logic in half of this. I understand the reasoning for projects being moved from the Vita to another system, but I don't get why that system is the Wii U, a system that hasn't released and therefore hasn't proven itself, and it's not like there's that much evidence to suggest the Wii U will be a huge success, it's only really being hyped by the hardcore Nintendo fanbase. It's a gamble if this is true, but maybe not as big of a gamble as releasing on Vita so in that respect I guess it makes sense, but again, why the Wii U? Why not the 3DS?

Around the Network

I do not see how a handheld 'underperforming', relates to how a console from a completely different company will perform.

If the fact that there is a new console launching means that people are afraid to progress and make games for it, I'd still be playing on my original NES....... Ubisoft JUST said this gen has gone on too long...letting a gen last until it dwindles to noting but used game sales and 1-3 blockbusters is dumb dumb dumb.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

^^^
thats correct my friend

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some developers are discussing the possibility of moving their projects to Wii U, the same way Ubisoft is talking about how ZombiU could technically possibly work with Smart Glass. The article is practically an opinion piece, making nothing but extremely safe guesses about what's going on.

"Some rather impressive non-port titles are coming in the next 365 days?" YOU DON'T SAY?? "After the new design gets its time in the sun, Nintendo will feel comfortable talking about the future of the Wii U?" OH BOY SOMEONE SOUND THE ALARM! Nintendo is waiting till AFTER the XL launch, which is at the end of July for Japan and Europe and mid-August in America, to further discuss the Wii U, which they've ALREADY SAID they'll discuss further THIS FALL. Fall, by the way, begins in late September! Geez, we got a freaking psychic over there or something?

Oh man, but wait till you hear this. "Some" publishers are "considering" moving Vita titles to Wii U. Front-page story right there!

What a huge load of bs...

By the way, for reference, here's the interview in which Iwata says of Wii U, "in the autumn, when we announce price point and timing of the launch, we will also be able to announce some more third-party titles."

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/satoru-iwata-on-wii-u-i-think-it-will-become-increasingly-difficult-from-now-on-to-compete-over-graphics-7936301.html