By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 44 - Ghostbusters!

Final-Fan said:
All I want is to have next round be utterly vanilla so that no one can abuse flavor. In fact, if I mod I am going to give each person a "flavor" out of Ben & Jerry's. One will also be posted at Day and Night Start.

I also want an automatic modkill for anyone who doesn't post in any given 72 hour period of Daytime. 

I don't think flavor was really abused this time. It was a bit overly role meta'd though.

Modkills would work, but a post or two would avoid the modkill without really solving the issue of too much damn inactivity. Everyone as a whole needs to enforce the "lynch all lurkers" rule for a while until players get that they need to be active. It's a matter of preventing scum from blending in with useless town.

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:
  • SPURGEONRYAN:  You are the sensible Winston Zeddemore. You’ve been called along with your fellow Ghostbusters to capture the malignant spirits at the Chartly Hotel in New York City. After the confusing events at the Hotel, however, you find yourself devoid of all equipment. It’s okay, though, you have always been the best of the Ghostbusters, and are great back-up. 

You are the UNIVERSAL BACKUP. Whenever the first pro-town power-role dies, you take up their role and continue the fight. 

You are pro-town. 

btw, the only thing "paraphrased" was swapping "first" out. Yes some parts were clipped out, but otherwise it was copypasta,(copy and paste) as evidenced by the PM title and from/to.

Here's an example of paraphrasing that role PM:

"You are Winston Zeddemore. You and the other Ghostbusters have been requested to eradicate the haunted Chartly Hotel, but strange happenings have left you without your tools. As number one on the team though you're still excellent support.

You are Town Universal Backup. You replace the first town power to die."

You can't really paraphrase a name or role claim, so unless the rules forbid those they can be straight from the role PM. 

Oh and you can always ask the mod if a paraphrase attempt is good enough or too close to the original in their opinion.

Surprised no one lynched Stefl. I know I was talking nonsence, but I kept saying that there were no vanilla players in the game.

Sorry I wasn't more active work was very busy and outside work was busy as well. I should be more active the next game.

Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
All I want is to have next round be utterly vanilla so that no one can abuse flavor. In fact, if I mod I am going to give each person a "flavor" out of Ben & Jerry's. One will also be posted at Day and Night Start.

I also want an automatic modkill for anyone who doesn't post in any given 72 hour period of Daytime. 

I don't think flavor was really abused this time. It was a bit overly role meta'd though.

Modkills would work, but a post or two would avoid the modkill without really solving the issue of too much damn inactivity. Everyone as a whole needs to enforce the "lynch all lurkers" rule for a while until players get that they need to be active. It's a matter of preventing scum from blending in with useless town.

I agree with both those points.  I just have a fear.  Meta hunting is annoying but should not really be punishable; it could be squelched by announcing it's vanilla though. 

Stricter punishments for lurking are only part of the solution, true, but I think it's an important part considering the level of lurk shown by some players.  The simple fact that (I think?) people would have been nabbed by such a penalty justifies it IMO. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

IMO even scum should be looking to kill off deadweight at this point in our particular community because it has been making the games much less fun. There's playing to win, but is it worth allowing the game to be crippled? And then there's the fact that next time, the scum might be town on the receiving end of this crap.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Yeah, if 2 or 3 of the active players are ever mafia together, they can basically steamroll town just by taking out the few remaining talkers. I would want to win, but I don't particularly think that's fun.

Anyway, FF if you want to mod, get the signups goin!

So it will be a vanilla game? Man...wish I had at least a power role at some point.

I was hoping for a My Little Pony theme, but a vanilla round sounds very nice as well. I hate it when people focus more on names/ roles than actual scum hunting.

Btw, the mafia did a great job this game. I really didn't have things figured out at all, but knew Nen was our best bet. If we hadn't won by then I would have either gone after Noctis or Stefl. If I was lucky Stefl would have killed Noctis for me. :P

Also, me saying I wasn't going to be lynched was in fact because I would mod kill myself before being lynched. However, I hoped just the threat of it would have been enough and wasn't actually going to do it. It never came to that, so oh well.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

mantlepiecek said:
So it will be a vanilla game? Man...wish I had at least a power role at some point.

A vanilla theme doesn't mean it has to be powerless or low-powered. That would be up to FF or whoever takes the helm.

And people, stop thinking modkills are a method of winning. j0 did the right thing in ending the day. Furthermore, being modkilled, like being disqualified, means you are ineligible to win with the team.

The game wasn't really that easy for us to go around being generous, we already were generous enough as it is by keeping prof alive (lol).

Lurkers should be lynched by the town, it's completely their responsibility.

Also imo mario played insane this game. I have no idea why he played the way he did.