By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gaming Screenshot Thread V.3.5: CGI-Quality Revamp!

CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:

As I had promised, here are my current Oblivion setup screenshots:

I'll post character model pics once I find a decent Face texture mod. I'm open to any suggestion

Something tells me you don't like the more cartoony look of my modded Oblivion.

Your Oblivion looks really cool, but it'll break the immersion that FCOM adds on mine . Fighting Vampires on the settings I have (toughest MOFOs on FCOM by far) is an amazing experience (and filled with F5s and F9s) XD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

huh? i could see all of them? 6 or 7 pics right? now it's only one left in that post?

CGI-Quality said:
crissindahouse said:
huh? i could see all of them? 6 or 7 pics right? now it's only one left in that post?

I removed the ones from Flickr. The new ones are better anyway

yeah but they worked!

in the new ones, the first has an awesome sky colour and the lamp in one of the pics looks pretty real

btw the skeleton in one of your pics makes at least sense, i never understood that in metro 2033 lol

CGI-Quality said:
So, any changed minds on this vs Crysis 3 for those who, initially, put Cry3 ahead?

well, without playing it it's hard to say but i think it's as i said in the other thread, metro will look better because it has a better usage of lighting at the right spots and a better atmosphere but if it really has the same quality from a technical perspective (as example the face animations in last light) is something i still doubt.

but it should be an perfect example why developers have to think more about the right usage of lighting, that makes such a huge difference for the experience. also one of the reasons why bioshock infinite looks so awesome.

CGI-Quality said:
pezus said:
CGI-Quality said:
pezus said:
Last Light looks amazing, even on Normal. Most of your pics don't work though, CGI.

Nah, some of them I removed from Flickr, hence the problems.

New ones

Wowowow. Next-gen!

Question is, do we think Next Gen [consoles] can pull that off?

Did PS3-360 manage Doom3, Far Cry and Half life 2 graphics? With Shadow Fall only using 3GB..

Of course, you'll never see that good of IQ on consoles. Anyway, fantastic pictures! 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Attoyou said:
CGI-Quality said:
pezus said:
CGI-Quality said:
pezus said:
Last Light looks amazing, even on Normal. Most of your pics don't work though, CGI.

Nah, some of them I removed from Flickr, hence the problems.

New ones:

-pic

Wowowow. Next-gen!

Question is, do we think Next Gen [consoles] can pull that off?

Did PS3-360 manage Doom3, Far Cry and Half life 2 graphics? With Shadow Fall only using 3GB..

Of course, you'll never see that good of IQ on consoles. Anyway, fantastic pictures! 

Do you expect that smooth of aliasing, that intensity of tessellation, and that robust sense of lighting from those consoles?

Aliasing? no. Tessellation and lighting will blow that away by the end of next gen. Next Gen engines will improve, not just the hardware. 

And if I'm wrong, well fuck, it's good to be a PC gamer at least.  

Atto Suggests...:

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

CGI-Quality said:
Attoyou said:
CGI-Quality said:
Attoyou said:

Do you expect that smooth of aliasing, that intensity of tessellation, and that robust sense of lighting from those consoles?

Aliasing? no. Tessellation and lighting will blow that away by the end of next gen. Next Gen engines will improve, not just the hardware. 

And if I'm wrong, well fuck, it's good to be a PC gamer at least.  

I'm actually hoping you're right, especially given what devs could do with upwards of 5-7GB of GDDR5 in those machines.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain we will see some great things from PS4 and 720. If Deep down delivers that would be a pretty nice start lol.

Atto Suggests...:

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

And bonus Metro 2033:

Atto Suggests...:

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Very High.

Atto Suggests...:

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Last batch from me. Best game this year so far, Bioshock Infinite would be my number two. 

Consider the game spoiled lol. 

Atto Suggests...:

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords