By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gaming Screenshot Thread V.3.5: CGI-Quality Revamp!

CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:
CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:

I agree with you, Skyrim is a whole new game when modded. 

Perhaps it's time to go back to it. I'm just too hooked on Oblivion!

I'm holding on till I can get my new right before I jump back on Skyrim. Sadly that will probably take a lot longer than I originally thought of, so I'm just bidding my time playing Titan Quest for the 1000000000000 time

Gotta try Oblivion on this laptop though, see if it can finally run Qarls full texture pack and maxed Detailed Landscape mod.

Instead of Qarl's, I would try Darooz Landscape, Really Texture Normal Maps, and the Landscape HD mods together (all available on Nexus). Provide MUCH crisper results. Install Really Textured first, followed by Landscape HD, then Darooz. 

Thanks, i'll try those then .

Now, if I can only find my Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles dvds xD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Euphoria14 said:

I also intentionally made my nights darker and somewhat exaggerated the lighting. My dungeons are also much darker than normal. This is because I use a lantern mod where a lantern is attached to my belt at all times.

I like not seeing much unless I have some sort of lighting. Of course I don't make it dark enough that I can't see anything. Nights are never THAT dark. It helps I also use CLARALUX mod which places road lanterns on all the roadways in Skyrim.

That night time shot appears very dark outside of the lighted areas because I am looking directly at the light, so that of course makes everything other than the light appear very dark, sort of like how it appears darker in your home when you walk out of a well lit room and into the darkness unless your pupils dilate. My game changes focus in the same way.

This game is 1000x better once it's modded. I am so absorbed with it right now.

You're using Climates of Tamriel with ENB? It's still pretty buggy in some spots last I've heard. I prefer Realistic Lightning and Weather myself, it's much more compatible and customizable. 

Biggest things I have noticed is that in Hrothgar I experience some lighting issues like lighting appear or disappearing depending where you look. Turn left and it vanishes, turn back to the right and the lighting is back.

Haven't noticed it anywhere else but there though.

I haven't tried realistic lighting and weather. Would it affect my save file if I switched from one to the other?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:
CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:
CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:

Perhaps it's time to go back to it. I'm just too hooked on Oblivion!

I'm holding on till I can get my new right before I jump back on Skyrim. Sadly that will probably take a lot longer than I originally thought of, so I'm just bidding my time playing Titan Quest for the 1000000000000 time

Gotta try Oblivion on this laptop though, see if it can finally run Qarls full texture pack and maxed Detailed Landscape mod.

Instead of Qarl's, I would try Darooz Landscape, Really Texture Normal Maps, and the Landscape HD mods together (all available on Nexus). Provide MUCH crisper results. Install Really Textured first, followed by Landscape HD, then Darooz. 

An example of ewhat you'd get:

Skin is way too clean! I experienced that when I installed CBBE on Skyrim (I play as a female). Fixed that right up with a dirty skin texture mod.

Also, wow, what a difference between Oblivion to Skyrim. Did you mod it for a more cartoonish/anime feel?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Will post more stuff when I get home, but I am also running "Bigger Trees" mod and it is so awesome!

Currently playing:

CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:

An example of ewhat you'd get:

-pics

Skin is way too clean! I experienced that when I installed CBBE on Skyrim (I play as a female). Fixed that right up with a dirty skin texture mod.

Also, wow, what a difference between Oblivion to Skyrim. Did you mod it for a more cartoonish/anime feel?

I deliberately modded the skin that way. And, as far as the anime look, yep. The MBP (Most Beautiful People) mod creates them. MUCH better than Vanilla.

Then again, I didn't show him those pics for the character. :P

Does that mod make all in game characters look that way?

I installed CBBE (Calientes Female Body Mod, Big Booty Edition) and Better Males (With underwear! I ain't playing no game with naked dudes w/ boners!). The character models look so much better now.

My screenshots are from before those mods, so now with CBBE and the CBBE armor compatibility mod. If I took screenies now my character has bigger boobs and nicer curves.

Currently playing:

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
lestatdark said:
Euphoria14 said:

I also intentionally made my nights darker and somewhat exaggerated the lighting. My dungeons are also much darker than normal. This is because I use a lantern mod where a lantern is attached to my belt at all times.

I like not seeing much unless I have some sort of lighting. Of course I don't make it dark enough that I can't see anything. Nights are never THAT dark. It helps I also use CLARALUX mod which places road lanterns on all the roadways in Skyrim.

That night time shot appears very dark outside of the lighted areas because I am looking directly at the light, so that of course makes everything other than the light appear very dark, sort of like how it appears darker in your home when you walk out of a well lit room and into the darkness unless your pupils dilate. My game changes focus in the same way.

This game is 1000x better once it's modded. I am so absorbed with it right now.

You're using Climates of Tamriel with ENB? It's still pretty buggy in some spots last I've heard. I prefer Realistic Lightning and Weather myself, it's much more compatible and customizable. 

Biggest things I have noticed is that in Hrothgar I experience some lighting issues like lighting appear or disappearing depending where you look. Turn left and it vanishes, turn back to the right and the lighting is back.

I haven't tried realistic lighting and weather. Would it affect my save file if I switched from one to the other?

It didn't affect mine when I switched back when it was still on V1.4.1, so I don't think V3 will. 

Back then CoT had a lot of issues with ENB, especially inside caves where it would blacken everything, even on the brightest setting. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Euphoria14 said:

It didn't affect mine when I switched back when it was still on V1.4.1, so I don't think V3 will. 

Back then CoT had a lot of issues with ENB, especially inside caves where it would blacken everything, even on the brightest setting. 

Ah, so you weren't using v3?

Currently I experience no issues in caves. They are darker than usual, but that is only because I use the "Darker Dungeons and Caves" mod.

Currently playing:

CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:

I installed CBBE (Calientes Female Body Mod, Big Booty Edition) and Better Males (With underwear! I ain't playing no game with naked dudes w/ boners!). The character models look so much better now.

My screenshots are from before those mods, so now with CBBE and the CBBE armor compatibility mod. If I took screenies now my character has bigger boobs and nicer curves.

You installed the Big Booty Edition?!

You dirty, dirty man, you!

HELL YEAH!

This isn't from my game, but it gives you a good idea.

Currently playing:

pezus said:
Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:

You installed the Big Booty Edition?!

You dirty, dirty man, you!

HELL YEAH!

This isn't from my game, but it gives you a good idea.

Oh snap!

Yeah, lol!

Going to do some more modding to really make my character stand out. Might do Daedric Chainmail. What do you think Pezus?

Currently playing:

CGI-Quality said:
^ ^ For some reason, modding Skyrim to look like that seems like it would be much more of a chore than modding Oblivion.

It's actually REALLY easy. First download Nexus Mod Manager (NMM).

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/modmanager

Then after installing the mods you want via NMM, just download this and run it. It will place all your mods in the best running order to avoid conflicts between them.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6

When browsing that site you get the option to download mods via NMM and then they download within the manager. Afterwards you just pick and choose which to install from the list of your downloads within the manager.

Currently playing: