By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - So the Miami Heat attain Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis

Tagged games:

The heat managed to take away the best 3 pt shooter in the nba, and one of the celtics' starters and add them to their line up.. While also taking another former nba all star in Rashard Lewis..

What does this mean for the Nba? Are the Heat even tougher to beat now? Are the so powerful that now they can potentially win two titles in a row, giving Lebron a 2nd ring, and Wade his 3rd ring? Discuss

mM
Around the Network

Holly shit, what hell is wrong with Allen? I thought he liked it in Boston, damn mercenary. Allen wont be a starter in Miami he will take the role of Mike Miller. And Rashard Lewis is unsignifact anyway imo. Miami will be harder to beat thats for sure but not become invincible.

Allen is an old player and he wants to win something before retiring, so he went to Miami to be the sixth man.
I'm a Celtics fan, I really love Allen and I can't blame him.
The only thing that Boston could do right now is to build a new, and young, team from fundamentals around Rondo.

Yes, Heat are stronger with Allen, but NBA is unpredictable....just remember Mavs vs Heat two years ago.

I can't really blame Allen for his decision.
There's really only four logical teams, imo, that he can go to: Lakers, Thunders, Bulls, or Heat. Lakers is a little unpredictable at this time, what with the inclusion of Steve Nash and his lack of defensive skills. Thunders is too much of a young team for him to need him and all they really need to do is fine tune Westbrook and Ibaka. Personally, I would've love for him to have taken a sixth-man role with the Bulls but in all reality it seems Heat needed more experienced player, as well as role players which Allen and Lewis should be able to provide.

Ray Allen should really open up the driving lanes for an MVP Lebron James, and a healthier better Dwyane Wade coming into next season.. Bosh is getting better too

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

The heat managed to take away the best 3 pt shooter in the nba, and one of the celtics' starters and add them to their line up.. While also taking another former nba all star in Rashard Lewis..

What does this mean for the Nba? Are the Heat even tougher to beat now? Are the so powerful that now they can potentially win two titles in a row, giving Lebron a 2nd ring, and Wade his 3rd ring? Discuss

Honestly, it's pretty darn good. But, if I was say on the Heat, I'd be nervous about the Lakers, very nervous.

xLeftyx said:
I can't really blame Allen for his decision.
There's really only four logical teams, imo, that he can go to: Lakers, Thunders, Bulls, or Heat. Lakers is a little unpredictable at this time, what with the inclusion of Steve Nash and his lack of defensive skills. Thunders is too much of a young team for him to need him and all they really need to do is fine tune Westbrook and Ibaka. Personally, I would've love for him to have taken a sixth-man role with the Bulls but in all reality it seems Heat needed more experienced player, as well as role players which Allen and Lewis should be able to provide.

hate to break it to you, but Nash isn't any worse on defence that say Sessions or D.Fish was. But Nash is a great distributor, top 3 in the NBA and a prolific scorer. Even at his age, he hasn't slowed down at all with his fantastic conditioning. Nash wants a ring right now, and I think he deserves one.

Damn, this is almost as unfair as Microsoft buying Activision.

AndrewWK said:
Holly shit, what hell is wrong with Allen? I thought he liked it in Boston, damn mercenary. Allen wont be a starter in Miami he will take the role of Mike Miller. And Rashard Lewis is unsignifact anyway imo. Miami will be harder to beat thats for sure but not become invincible.

To be fair, he chose the Heat because he felt disconnected from the Celtics. The dude has been in the trading block for the last 2 seasons so his leaving was not about loyalty.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

The Heat are definitely going to be much better next season. Not to mention, other teams are doing good moves too. I do think the Heat have what it takes to reach the Finals again. The only threats would be Chicago, if Rose isn't slowed down, and the Nets, if they can land Howard.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)