By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony + Gaikai - What's the potential?

Tagged games:

I don't know, if I was Sony I'd start slowly. Begin by updating PS3 with Gaikai, allowing streaming of PS4 demos (big announcement at E3 with update shortly after). A nice boost to PS3 sales (for anyone desperate for a look at next gen), get people hooked on the new IP, and take the focus off Microsoft completely. The stories would be nothing but reviews and impressions of the new games and streaming system, putting Sony very much in the spotlight. Letting everyone play a part of E3 at home couldn't be topped by anything shown, so Sony could pretty much guarantee walking away with the most buzz surrounding them.

Keeping it strictly demos doesn't eat into PS4 launch, and actually promotes the new system from their old one. The smaller shorter demos should also be the ideal way to test the system. It also limits the risk. If it goes well, hype up full backward compatibility for the PS4 at launch. Badly, the bad press is deflected onto the PS3's capability and they hold off on Gaikai for PS4 until they have sorted any problems.

I personally think Gaikai is too risky to launch day one on PS4. Sony would be mad to try it that way, as day one bad press could kill the system.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network

The potential is definetly there. For the first time in a LONG time, Sony actually has the chance to LEAD in a streaming future, a QUALITY streaming future for PS4/Android/iPhone/Tablets.

Nobody knows what "Onlive" is, nor do they know what "Gaikai" is. Sony has a chance to become 'that' company, known for something cutting edge. Instead of letting apple or google or MS do it lol..

I hope they don't fuck it up...Like they only stream to one type of smartphone, that would be the stupidest thing ever. ALL devices or GTFO.