By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP (30th June)! A week of new releases, Vita sales increase!

kitler53 said:
NintendoPie said:
kitler53 said:
let me start by saying i haven't visited one of these threads in months...

...but wii < psp?!?!? just wow.

Why is that such a big surprise to you?

A) like i said, i haven't looked at the numbers in months.

B) psp is deader than dirt.  last i look wii was doing bad but still ~3xpsp numbers.

Wii has been doing horrible for the past few months. It's not much a surprise anymore.

Around the Network
pezus said:

But do they have a proper CoD on their iPads?...no

Otherwise you could use the same argument against 3DS.

Do they have CoD on their Home Consoles? ... Yes.

thehusbo said:
Conegamer said:
thehusbo said:

My guess and u can quote me on this: call of duty black ops declassified 5million/ Assasins creed liberation 2.2million. Let's just leave it at that because at the moment it's all just speculation and dependant on a number of factors. However I would like to know your predictions. 

OK, now you can't change it.

I don't see COD selling more than 2mil, Assassin's Creed the same.

Fair enough :) 

Lifetime is several years, but after 18 months, a majority of games are usually done selling.

I think, for right now, assuming there is no price drop this holiday, COD Vita will sell 1.85m. Assassins Creed Vita will sell 1.3m. If there is a Vita price drop this holiday, you can add 100k more to both titles individually.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
thehusbo said:
Conegamer said:
thehusbo said:

My guess and u can quote me on this: call of duty black ops declassified 5million/ Assasins creed liberation 2.2million. Let's just leave it at that because at the moment it's all just speculation and dependant on a number of factors. However I would like to know your predictions. 

OK, now you can't change it.

I don't see COD selling more than 2mil, Assassin's Creed the same.

Fair enough :) 

Lifetime is several years, but after 18 months, a majority of games are usually done selling.

I think, for right now, assuming there is no price drop this holiday, COD Vita will sell 1.85m. Assassins Creed Vita will sell 1.3m. If there is a Vita price drop this holiday, you can add 100k more to both titles individually.

I think you are really underestimating these games

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Seems like one or two people predicting the Vita's future very well! Were they on the same boat when the PS3 was first released?

I wonder!

Around the Network
pezus said:

Huh...

Do they have Mario on their home consoles? Yes

I pointed this out earlier. It is not the same game, just as with Mario. If you want to imply it is the same, then you must also say Mario 3DS and Wii are the same.

They are the same. Aren't they? They are both CoD.

Mario 3DS and Wii are not the same. NSMB2 and NSMBWii might be, however.

The Tokyo Jungle momentum is hitting Playstation platforms hard this week with the recent announcement of a western release of this monster game whipping up a fever in North America. Consumers are now desperate to buy anything with the playstation-brand name on, including Sony's own skype(tm)-enabled handheld, the PSVITA. 

Sal.Paradise said:

The Tokyo Jungle momentum is hitting Playstation platforms hard this week with the recent announcement of a western release of this monster game whipping up a fever in North America. Consumers are now desperate to buy anything with the playstation-brand name on, including Sony's own skype(tm)-enabled handheld, the PSVITA. 

Lol, did you make this up Sal? xD

SaviorX said:
Slimebeast said:
SaviorX said:

Vita has no true system seller until at least 2013; Call of Duty and Assassins Creed were not the answer, and if they want to regain market foothold, it needed to be this year....Last year at least the 3DS had 2 Marios and a Monster Hunter to keep it up worldwide.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see just how far down PS3 and X360 sales will have dropped by this time next year. Just coming out of E3 2013 and the new consoles being extensively shown I can't imagine many people picking up a PS360 during that summer.

About the Vita and COD and AC3, why do you say these games are "not the answer"? Isnt AC3 coming this Fall to Vita?

I'll pose you this question:

Assuming you owned a Vita and a PS3, would you buy AC3 in October on Vita, or wait 4 weeks and buy the console version on your PS3? Same thing for Call of Duty.

These 2 IPs create most of their appeal on a larger console experience. It is not like GTA Stories, the lone exception to the rule (crime on the go!) Some things just cannot work as handheld experience and vice versa.

Also, are these games really going to SELL SYSTEMS? What makes them so good that I have to buy a Vita to play it? How can I not find the same experience anywhere else?

I have a PS3 and VIta and wil be getting both AC games day one. Im waiting to see how COD looks before i commit to the Vita version, not everyone thinks like you

HW: only PSV up WoW in USA, only PS3, PSV, PSP up WoW WW.

Waiting for WW SW, in teh meantime in USA... LEGO! LEGO everywhere!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!