By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Say good bye to AAA rating

Kasz216 said:
I realize i have absolutely no clue what happens if America loses it's AAA credit rating.

Someone wanna fill me in?

Basically government issued debt has no default risk, so its very safe and very liquid and is used by many to store their money while still earning a decent return, if it loses this rating it loses those traits, it will have a default risk, and people will be less likely to feel safe using it as a storage for their money as a result the government will have to promise a higher interest rate on the bond in order to get people to use it, which will raise our payments, and since we are running a deficit it will force us to take on more debt.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)