By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Confirms DLC for New Super Mario Bros. 2

It was announced today,  NSMB 2 will have Extar levels available after the game is released in August 19th 2012

I guess it was going to happen sooner or later.

Around the Network

I don't think it's extra levels, it's just an extra mode: Coin Rush

VicViper said:

No, Coin Rush is a mode on the card that uses the in-game levels... but you'll also be able to buy additional levels for that mode. That's what they announced.

RolStoppable said:
VicViper said:

No, it's extra levels for Coin Rush mode to make people keep playing and comparing their high scores with others.

Oh, I see... how you feel about that? I actually would have preferred entirely new levels - hard ones, like the secret ones in Yoshi's island!

(not the DS version, those are way too hard)

Dud, I hate DLC, I admit, I have bought some, but I didnt want my beloved Nintendo to go down that path :(

Around the Network

But in this case it doesnt mean less content for the main game imo

Cool. I hope the first DLC pack will be free for the first month, similar to the Fire Emblem DLC.

Juma009 said:
Dud, I hate DLC, I admit, I have bought some, but I didnt want my beloved Nintendo to go down that path :(

Rol can explain you better, but it's very useful against the evil... used game market

Fire Emblem really benefited from this in japan

Juma009 said:

You knew it was gonna happen eventually, it's an easy money maker

VicViper said:
RolStoppable said:
VicViper said:

No, it's extra levels for Coin Rush mode to make people keep playing and comparing their high scores with others.

Oh, I see... how you feel about that? I actually would have preferred entirely new levels - hard ones, like the secret ones in Yoshi's island!

(not the DS version, those are way too hard)

Pretty sure they *are* new levels. And probably hard, since Coin Rush mode is meant to be the challenge mode.