By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NEW 3DS XL! Circle Pad Pro XL announced!!! End of limited 3D sweet spot? Check OP for preview!

Tagged games:

Happy with it as long as White comes to America. No White NoA? No buy for NinPie.
(That rhymed! )

Around the Network
jlrx said:

BAD->

1) A subjective statement, depends on the person, I carry a messenger bag and could easily carry that
2) Only in Japan for some reason, not true for NA
3) Same pixel density should just give you a bigger picture, should not stretch anything out
4) Another subjective statement, I've got a black 3DS but originally had an aqua, I'll get a Blue 3DS XL

If the XL has the same number of pixels as the 3DS, then each individual pixel would be bigger than that of the regular 3DS. Meaning, the larger screen would not look as sharp as the smaller screen. 

For example, if you have a regular digital photo, and you strech it to make it bigger, it will not look as good as the smaller picture

If the pixel density has the same pixels per inch as the 3DS, that would mean the pixels are the same size as on the 3DS, which means more pixels, which means  higher resolution. If the ppi is lower, then the big screen would not boast higher resolution.

If the bigger screen does not have higher resolution, the visuals on the screen will be stretched.

Reggie said the bigger screen would make netflix more enjoyable. It won't be enjoyable with a screen with less ppi. Hopefully it has better resolution. I really really hope it does

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

@PPi/Resolution
I agree... The DSiXL should've taught them to do this.

Ah really love mah pixels!

That's why I think most games look better on the Dsi XL than other Ds's

Another question:

How does the size of the 3DS XL bottom screen compare to the size of the DSI XL's screens? I've seen an XL, so I want a kind of comparison. Does anyone know?

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:
Another question:

How does the size of the 3DS XL bottom screen compare to the size of the DSI XL's screens? I've seen an XL, so I want a kind of comparison. Does anyone know?

Little bigger, I guess.

Click view image to see full size

Looks like it does actually have the same 800 X 240 as the 3DS. So, games won't look much better, but it will have more of a 3D effect with the bigger screen, and the 4GB SD and better battery life are enough to convince me to get it.

http://www.slashgear.com/slashgear-101-nintendo-3ds-xl-vs-nintendo-3ds-22235274/

hsrob said:
I can understand people's initial objections to the 3DS not having a second stick but I really don't understand why so many people thought Nintendo were going to divide the 3DS user-base at this stage, effectively alienating the 15+ million people who bought their system first.

Give people a second stick and while you might placate a relatively small number of people who can't live without dual analogue, you are likely to give a much greater number of people the impression that buying the 3DS is a risk because Nintendo could at any moment introduce a new version which renders the old obsolete. (Same goes for upping the resolution)

Right, they made their bed with that choice initially, so there's no reason to expect that they'll segment the base.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

NintendoPie said:
Happy with it as long as White comes to America. No White NoA? No buy for NinPie.
(That rhymed! )

According to this video (about 1 min in) Reggie says it will be available in red and blue. It doesn't seem like white will be available at launch, although I totally agree with you the white one looks pretty slick.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/06-21-2012

Pesmerga7551 said:
What a predictable move. They do the same garbage every hand-held cycle. I really don't care about this at all. But then again, hand-held gaming devices that aren't also my cell phone, they are dead to me. Either phone it up, or sit down and enjoy my HD console experience comfortably.

To each their own..

Unless mobile companies put proper game controls on their phones, they're dead to me.

In the meantime i spend less than $150, can play tons of downloadable/retail games, and my shitty Nokia ($50) surprisingly still does the job.

I agree Nintendo need to change the game to win, and a phone is a good idea, but if you actually believe there isn't a market for both then i guess you also think the WII U and Ipad won't coexist together after 2015 either.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.