By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - An old presidential speech well worth listening to.

Do not allow the millitary Industrial complex to control your government and strip you of your liberties. Please America, speak up and fight for your rights again. Drop your big brother attitude and and set affire to your economic engine again.

It's a great speech, well worth revisiting especially in today's world of overspending and liberty stripping patriot acts. What is so patriotic about having your patriotism taken away from you? I never understood that concept...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Oops... Too late.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Is it possible to reverse the effects this far out? Can America become America again?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Psh. What would a former general understand of military matters?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

America never stopped being America.

Last I heard, we still get to vote for our leaders, and while I leaders might suck (all of them), the ability to replace them every 4 years is what counts.

In the grand scheme of things, the people mean nothing. Bush means nothing, Clinton meant nothing, and the next president will mean nothing.

What matters, is our institution of government, and that's as solid as it's ever been. America is still here my friend.

P.S. Try to call it the US, Canada and Mexico get a little upset when you refer to us as "America" :p

Around the Network

Did you watch "Why We Fight"? It's a great documentary pertaining to this.

Wouldn't you say your laws and constitution define your government? Your patriot act completely revokes your rights in the constitution. How is this not an issue for your country?

I'm a Canadian and have been brainwashed that America means U.S. I believe many of us North of the border have given up on trying to correct people on the matter as it's of no consequence to us.

On another note, I haven't seen that documentary Famine, I'll have to check it out.

The Constitution defines our government. It has not changed for many years. The Patriot act is a law, and one day could (and probably will) be abolished. Abortion has been illegal, and legal. Drinking has been illegal, and legal. Our form of government allows for such failings. But you can not have such a free government without having the freedom to screw up from time to time.

The patriot act has flaws, but it's not what defines our government. Over time, our form of government will better define the patriot act. Besides, while I don't agree with the patriot act, it has not taken away a single freedom, it has only taken away some privacy. To say "Your patriot act completely revokes your rights in the constitution" is quite the alarmist point of view.

MrMafoo said:
America never stopped being America.

Last I heard, we still get to vote for our leaders, and while I leaders might suck (all of them), the ability to replace them every 4 years is what counts.

In the grand scheme of things, the people mean nothing. Bush means nothing, Clinton meant nothing, and the next president will mean nothing.

What matters, is our institution of government, and that's as solid as it's ever been. America is still here my friend.

P.S. Try to call it the US, Canada and Mexico get a little upset when you refer to us as "America" :p

Honestly, it really only bothers huge nerds with a chip on their shoulder.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSE_saVX_2A

everyone just watch this instead

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY