By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

Final-Fan said:
I also don't like how eagerly prof has been lapping up Happy's support. I mean, with how awful Happy's logic is right now, I don't think I'd be nearly as glad to have him on my side.

You know what. I'm stopping right now. I see that I'm basically repeating what other people are saying now that I've had the time to sit down and carefully read the 200+ posts I skimmed through during work.

My work here is done. Everything I feel has already been expressed in some shape and form.

@prof

You asked me about Trucks absence during the "argument," why did you single him out when multiple other players (such as myself) were away during that time. What separates me from him? I will lend you my ear. Convince me that trucks is scum. Another thing whether you are convinced or not that HappyD is town, I will vote for him if I don't put my vote on Trucks simply because I personally don't want him around anymore. I believe you are a name cop, because,  fortunately for you, despite your spiteful craziness, your actions correspond with your behavior. With that said, I don't know what to make of your role and what it means for your alignment. It either means you could be scum that can find the names of players that are most dangerous to you and your faction, or you are town and names absolutely have something to do with alignment... which is what you've been preaching and bitching about all along.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
Final-Fan said:
I also don't like how eagerly prof has been lapping up Happy's support. I mean, with how awful Happy's logic is right now, I don't think I'd be nearly as glad to have him on my side.

You know what. I'm stopping right now. I see that I'm basically repeating what other people are saying now that I've had the time to sit down and carefully read the 200+ posts I skimmed through during work.

My work here is done. Everything I feel has already been expressed in some shape and form.

@prof

You asked me about Trucks absence during the "argument," why did you single him out when multiple other players (such as myself) were away during that time. What separates me from him? I will lend you my ear. Convince me that trucks is scum. Another thing whether you are convinced or not that HappyD is town, I will vote for him if I don't put my vote on Trucks simply because I personally don't want him around anymore. I believe you are a name cop, because,  fortunately for you, despite your spiteful craziness, your actions correspond with your behavior. With that said, I don't know what to make of your role and what it means for your alignment. It either means you could be scum that can find the names of players that are most dangerous to you and your faction, or you are town and names absolutely have something to do with alignment... which is what you've been preaching and bitching about all along.

Gimme 5 minutes.

I just remembered... If scum have manipulative roles, congratulations on making yourself absolutely worthless, prof.

I can see it, prof appearing on day 2 wide eyed and bushy tailed, eager to share his findings. --"I just investigated F-F and he's Evilmcnaughtypants!" -F-F"You are wrong, I am not that!" I was obviously bussed or you were redirected!"

Town lynches F-F and he was telling the truth.--

Again, congratulations prof for potentially becoming a liability to us town.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
I just remembered... If scum have manipulative roles, congratulations on making yourself absolutely worthless, prof.

I can see it, prof appearing on day 2 wide eyed and bushy tailed, eager to share his findings. --"I just investigated F-F and he's Evilmcnaughtypants!" -F-F"You are wrong, I am not that!" I was obviously bussed or you were redirected!"

Reminds me of last round when Trucks revealed himself as a cop on day 1.

The moment that happened, the first thing we did as Mafia was redirect him or bus someone to him. Every. Single. Time.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4624497
First post. No content. Calls wonks first post a bad joke. Next.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4624515
Non content. Calls it failed sarcasm when it's actual sarcasm. Next.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4624537
Next post.
"Oh the Irony!". At least if Trucks was here he would've pointed out the trap before anyone else.

next post
"I want pictures!"

nexst post
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4624580
"I totally agree with this post!"

next post (fresh meat)
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4624634
You arguing with Mario about "probably". Jumps in with probably his first content of the game, brings it back into focus.

Next post:
"male"

Next post:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4624751
"I'm finally caught up" (so he was answering it in order, just to clarify)
Baalz and Wonk are uncooperative.  Baalz is too quiet, Wonk didn't like Rol's trap. Trucks says it was good discussion. Where have I heard that before?

"I'm gonna try to bite my tongue only because I have a town read on you for promoting discussion."
"That said, I am town. I applaud you for getting the ball rolling. This  will definitely get the game started with talk. but at what cost? I dread the thought that so many night actions are going to be wasted on you tonight."

Next post is about houses. I'm sure you don't care.

More house talk.

Next post: (Fresh Meat)
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4625759
BAM "Why are you so sure there are two mafia teams?"
Despite the fact that HD said A LOT of strange things with very weird assumptions, this was what he went for. I even said moments before that HD was going to get himself into trouble with what he was saying. Look, it doesn't make sense for HD to say what he'd been saying as scum. They can talk during the day! This is so obvious!

Next post:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4625905
Trucks is FIRMLY acknowledging what HD is saying that "Roles are distributed to certain houses". And you should too. He makes NO question into THAT specific phrase, pressuring and escalating the already mounting move against HD. Then he disappears.

Next post:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4626372
After the crazy heated argument between myself and ff, Trucks suddenly appears as I call him a suspect. Sarcasm? Really?

Next post:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4626402
"My pleasure"

Next post:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4626437
Suspects are Wonk Mario Spurge. Still hasn't asked a single one of them any questions.

Next Post:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4626456
Trucks is says that his vibe on wonk stems from Wonk's criticism in that: "It felt like you brought it up to have something to say." In earlier suspicion of wonk, says wonk did his whining after everyone had moved on. Ironically, Trucks had been addressing things in the past as he 'caught up', like your and mario's argument. Mario even responds to this later criticism with "I already explained that to Hat earlier".

Next post:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4626826
I press him on his lurking.
"It's not like I didn't post at all today before that point and also my point of view on the matter of houseclaiming didn't change so I had nothing to add on the subject and that's pretty much all that was discussed today."

Nothing to add on the subject sounds strangely like "let them fight it out" to me. There was plenty to be said, and people who were here and active, said things.

So about 16 posts.

Said the entire day was about houses which he cared not to talk about.  Admitted to active lurking. Only became opportunistic when people got into defendable mistakes, NEVER followed through (don't want to be attached to a mislynch, right?).Hasn't promoted discussion, just disagreements. Half of his posts are casual jokes and comments. His top three suspects are not even on anyone's radar. Hasn't questioned his suspects (until his suspect questioned him). Has only 2 pieces of worthless evidence yet they're his top suspects..

That's it that's all.

Not much else I can say if you don't see it here and now.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

I'm a little smarter than that.

I also don't care to know ff's character. He's town.

Also, Hat, I thought it was rude that you asked me to sit back while you basically just bashed me.
But, I'm truly sorry if I ruin your games every time, and I'm going to try harder to just play normally.

And don't take that as me trying to be buddy buddy, Twat,

theprof00 said:
Also, Hat, I thought it was rude that you asked me to sit back while you basically just bashed me.
But, I'm truly sorry if I ruin your games every time, and I'm going to try harder to just play normally.

Rude is intentionally trying to cause mass nameclaims, in whatever guise you try to put them in, in consecutive games before everyone even start. Rude is not thinking of using your ability in a more productive way for town. Ever her of stealth? there were better ways you could have used you ability, in a more professional matter, but again, you overestimated your own ability and potentially have become a useless tree stump if mafia have their way with your ability.

Catching up is pretty tedious, and you are pretty vulnerable to repeat what people already said  when you are behind. And I hate parrots more than the next guy but it's usually when a player is involved in discussions and then parrots that I become suspicious of them. You accuse Trucks of parroting me for instance. Did you read my last handful of posts? While I was catching up I unintentionally parroted both Kantor and F-F. The one thing that irks me though is that Trucks confesses he's finally caught up in the very same post he echoes previous thoughts. That's definitely active lurking.

Another thing. You argue his posts are non-content. Again, I attribute that to catching up, but that's no excuse for a player with Truck's caliber. I also associate that kind of play with someone who has no interest with flavor. And ironically enough, trucks has a history of showing no interest in games with flavor he doesn't understand. If I had the time to spend countless hours digging through old games I can find at least two examples of flavored games Trucks confessed not playing his best  in because of the foreign themes. Again, that's not an excuse I'm going to stand by because I personally am forcing myself to play through this game by avoiding flavor as much as possible, the way it should be anyway. While I'm sure fans of GoT are having a blast, it's virtually impossible for us illiterate GoT people to follow on both the flavor and progression of this game simultaneously, and by the time we are caught up with the game aspect of mafia, we simply feel like strangers compared to those who have the flavor down. What I'm trying to say is, it can be overwhelming and un-motivational. I'm sure there are at least a couple other inactive people who mentioned they know nothing about the flavor... Maybe truck's non interference with the 'argument' was because he didn't have the background to validate what arguments he had, especially since the 'argument' was kinda flavored biased. Did you think about that? There were also several others who didn't interfere in the 'argument. Why do you only apply the arguments where they are most suited against Trucks?

What I think, you are using a large range of accusations that can individually fit the bill for any given player -manipulated them to fit your argument because you have a hunch and/or gut instinct that is convincing you that trucks is scum. You threw everything but the kitchen sink in you argument to fit your agenda and crusade against trucks, and that's not convincing. That's what I think. This 'hunch' of yours is just as reliable as you saying me, HappyD, F-F are town.

I wipe my ass with your conclusion.

That said, I have no reason to believe Trucks is town. I am just not convinced to vote him.