By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

Just read your last post happy
let me say you are entirely off base. Allow me computer access to show you just how many ways your argument is flawed.
nothing wrong with you, you just dont understand.

Secondly what in the world makes you think that only certain houses have roles.
in fact im stark. Tell me my role.

Around the Network

9 houses and the main house is only 4 characters

damn I hate you VGC!

anyway... that was a quote from prof -

and I wanted to say that both "main houses" are bigger than 4 members (Stark/Lannister) and even other houses have more than 4 characters (Baratheon) though some houses overlap (Baratheon/Stark and Baratheon/Lannister)

Stefl thats NOT the point.
the point is that town MUST be comprised of character from different houses.
even with only 10 town for the sake of exaggeration, there is no house with ten medium to big characters.
Stark
Arya, sansa, bran, the other child
lannister
Cersei, jamie, tyrian
Tully
Catelyn, lysa
Nights wtach
Jon snow, jeor
targeryan
Khaleesi, jorah
baratheon
Tywin, joffrey, stannis

theprof00 said:
Stefl thats NOT the point.
the point is that town MUST be comprised of character from different houses.
even with only 10 town for the sake of exaggeration, there is no house with ten medium to big characters.
Stark
Arya, sansa, bran, the other child
lannister
Cersei, jamie, tyrian
Tully
Catelyn, lysa
Nights wtach
Jon snow, jeor
targeryan
Khaleesi, jorah
baratheon
Tywin, joffrey, stannis

I know that town has to be more than one house...

Just don't throw something like there is no main house bigger than 4 out there, though you can always reduce the numbers of one house taking away names who are married in, or even bastards... (strictly spoken jon snow is also one of stark blood)

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Just read your last post happy
let me say you are entirely off base. Allow me computer access to show you just how many ways your argument is flawed.
nothing wrong with you, you just dont understand.

Secondly what in the world makes you think that only certain houses have roles.
in fact im stark. Tell me my role.

That's not what I meant. I meant it in that if you're stark, and someone else is stark, you would both share alignment. Roles for you and said person would be in line with that alignment (i.e. Cop = town).

So I can't say what role you are given your house, I can just say that you may or may not be in the same house as I, in which case you would be in a same or different alignment as I respectively, upon which your role would be dependent on your alignment, which is dependent on your house.

@Kantor -> Roles are random within an alignment, so even if you're bart, you may not be the joker. Roles are not faithful to a character's personality. Just an fyi.

So prof, why not demand outright character claims, if it doesn't give anything away? Why dance around like this?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Kantor said:

I suppose that's somewhat reasonable, but it's still overly similar to nameclaiming for this point in the game.

Perhaps in a couple of days, but for now, I'm still opposed.

Character can strongly suggest role, by the way. For example, if this were Simpsons mafia, I doubt there would be any question as to Dr Hibbert or Chief Wiggum's roles.

Kantor, you may very well be right! I just realized that some games assign random roles disconnected from the personalities, and some assign roles connected to the personalities. For comparison, I'll leave it up to you to look at these two tables:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142501

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=143233

Also, in game 40, Noctis mentioned that roles were randomly assigned in the Rules. ("I used Random org for players alignment and their respective roles.")

Im confused happy
mafia alteady know who the town is, so why should we be worried about mafia figuring out whos town?
The only thing that does is help town identify who else is town.

theprof00 said:
Im confused happy
mafia alteady know who the town is, so why should we be worried about mafia figuring out whos town?
The only thing that does is help town identify who else is town.

Habibi, they don't know who's town. They only know who isn't in their scum faction.

Other players can be:

Scum faction B

Vig

SK

Cult

and any other combination I'm unaware of.

This is, on your part, either a way to trap scum, or a plow by scum. I'm just not sure which.