By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

happydolphin said:
@Stefl. You hit the nail on the head.

As for the intent in my post you linked, you said it better than I could: "I don't really think that you were onto something with HappyD" and "It is more a question to test the quality of a player then a question to search for actual allignment".

I thought it was poor scumhunting, and I wanted to push him towards a more interesting play. Also, I had grilled him on it earlier -> http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4624588

What do you think of Mario? Do you see a difference in play, and how?

@hatmoza. You can't see it, but Rol and I posted 4 posts, 2 by 2, at the same time. I wasn't apologizing, I was annoyed.

Mario is always giving me a hard read, because his poststyle (lots of quotes, lots of statements) lets me mix up stuff in my head, anyway, to answer your question, I do not see a significant change in playstyle. I will give him a proper reread though and look for things that strike me as changed playstyle.

Yes, Rol is definately sniffing for townie points, but when he was scum he seemed to play different, considering that he is a sly person, he would be able to change his playstyle enough to be befitting of his townie self, in which he perfectly fits so far.

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:
Korppi said:
[...]

What do you think of Spurge, Kantor, and prof?

Not much, really. Spurge's antics early in the game were strange, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. I spend half my time on this website trying to get my head around the thought process of that man. Kantor and prof don't look particularly scummy either yet. I know, what a big help am I, but I'm reading previous Mafia threads right now so that I might better be able to distinguish some people's "town behavior" from their "scum behavior".

If I was forced to vote for someone to be lynched, it'd be Baalzamon, only because he has posted so little. (pot calling the kettle black, but he's a much more seasoned Mafia player than myself, and seemed prominent enough in the last round, at least) But right now:

Vote: No Lynch

^Funny thing, I didn't pull a fit when Stefl questioned me.

theprof00 said:
Can people give their thoughts on houseclaims?
Here is a post of mine for reference: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4624782

Like I said before, I don't know anything about Game of Thrones so the part that worries me about houseclaims is that there must be a main House or a house where the main characters are from and others houses that are less important in the show. I'm afraid that Mafia will want to target people from the main house as they would be more likely to have important roles.

Signature goes here!

RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:
^Funny thing, I didn't pull a fit when Stefl questioned me.

Because you didn't see it as him questioning you. You just took what he already said about me as your justification to be uncooperative.

And how would you know that?

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
Here is a post of mine for reference: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4624782

Like I said before, I don't know anything about Game of Thrones so the part that worries me about houseclaims is that there must be a main House or a house where the main characters are from and others houses that are less important in the show. I'm afraid that Mafia will want to target people from the main house as they would be more likely to have important roles.

Trucks, I'm unfamiliar with GoT myself, but would it be possible that one house is scum faction 1, and another house is scum faction 2, and another is town?

happydolphin said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:

Trucks, I'm unfamiliar with GoT myself, but would it be possible that one house is scum faction 1, and another house is scum faction 2, and another is town?

I frankly don't know but I doubt it's a simple as say Harry Potter where you know Slitherin are the bad guys and Griffindor are the good guys.

Signature goes here!

Hummm... first post the vote on prof seems jokey, the early HoSs aren't really his style... but I would not consider post 1 in a game to hold that much significance... the demand for the "I am town" line really fits him though (aslo like hatz said later on, yes this could just be to promote discussion), mantles reaction to marios post seems a bit odd though...

Next up: something that sounds like its stolen from Rols lips ♪♫, also I should definetely polish up my reading skills (though the first line of the post is misunderstandable...), basically tries to say that vote on prof is a joke

Third post: vote for Final-Fan, appears to be a joke at Finals witty comment regarding the "I am town" statements.

While the first 2 posts did not really fit his ussual playstyle (this might be due to having different motivation for the posts (1, 2 in order to ignite conversation, 3 to gather information)) 3 and 4 are more befitting his ussual town self - he is good enough to simulate his town self as scum (at least he is able to appear in his town self as scum in my eyes, which he was able to do so last round)

To post 4, I have to disagree with the reading up on GoT part, I watched all the eps of season 2 just before the game started to prevent as much spoiler as possible. Since part of post 4 and post 5 revolve around this in particular:

"Some might ignore it completely and those people especially are probably scum." (regarding "I am town"-statement, excerpt from post 3)

I am going to post it in here seperately... lol, this statement basically is built to be misunderstood in every possible way... actually, this would a typical scum post in my eyes :/

Next one--- confirmation that FF vote was also a joke, further discussion with hatmoza.

Following post is again a joke, I have to admit that supermario jokes a lot this round... also his post count is quite high compared to how often he normaly posts (this will link makes me think about a more recent post I read from him... but going chronologically its not time for that now)

(FF votes Supermario)(People commenting on vote) - looking at Marios behaviour I can't really tell if the vote was hasty... it appears more legit to me than it seem to appear to others... (pause from Mario until page 8@50)

A huge post... one of the kind I do not really like... I am just going to "number" trough the answers after each quote...

1 - yes, people like to jokevote, but you are doing it a bit far into the game
2 - yes, FoS would've been more appropriate, but considering how early they where made I think most people consider it below FoS level even thought they were HoS
3 - humm?
4 - no comment
5 - comment on the vote, quite a bad reaction on it from mario... well, not bad... not optimal would be better...
6 - would also like to hear the reason from radish...
7 - answer to prof
8 - no comment
9 - agreed
10 - still, the sentence is misunderstandable
Epilogue - suspect list + house opinion... I don't really get why spurge is there, other than you personally HoSing him really early into the game (and here I probably have to make my next reread T.T)

Post linking to earlier post, then next post (I refered to this post earlier, when I was talking about Marios postcount) responding to Hat... well here he said that he has not had a lot of time, well his posts where all made lumped together  so the story checks out overall, but when he has so little time on his hands how can it be that his overall postcount appears bigger than ussualy...

Seems like I am through the his posts...

Well, suck it, these posts do not give me a good read at all... but right now I am leaning more on the scum side with him, specially because of the stupid stuff with the misunderstandable sentence and his ongoing jokeyness, well it comes down to an

FoS Mario

doesn't feel much since I feel like coming from a rant just now T.T

RolStoppable said:

Wasn't your goal for this round to stop getting worse in Mafia? But now you parrot "tunnel vision" after I pointed out a fallacy in happyD's thought process and asked him one question afterwards. That's a ridiculous standard for "being on the verge of tunnel vision". Seriously, stefl, don't let your judgment be influenced by anything happyD says.

I asked him a simple question and by your own admission it wasn't even something that has to be discussed with potential scumbuddies. Yet it took him about 30 minutes to answer it. His answer suggests that he is town, but that doesn't mean anyone of us should encourage him to continue his obnoxious play where he throws a fit everytime somebody doesn't fully believe him and dares to question him.

Do you believe that players you believe to be town, but are not playing well, should be lynched?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Korppi said:
insomniac17 said:
Korppi said:
[...]

What do you think of Spurge, Kantor, and prof?

Not much, really. Spurge's antics early in the game were strange, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. I spend half my time on this website trying to get my head around the thought process of that man. Kantor and prof don't look particularly scummy either yet. I know, what a big help am I, but I'm reading previous Mafia threads right now so that I might better be able to distinguish some people's "town behavior" from their "scum behavior".

If I was forced to vote for someone to be lynched, it'd be Baalzamon, only because he has posted so little. (pot calling the kettle black, but he's a much more seasoned Mafia player than myself, and seemed prominent enough in the last round, at least) But right now:

Vote: No Lynch

Is there anything about Kantor or Prof that makes them not particularly scummy (ie. you're getting a town vibe), or are you just saying that they are not showing town or mafia characteristics to you?

Also, would you be willing to go forward with a lynch of a person that you have no idea whether they're town or mafia, just because they haven't posted much?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~