By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

I myself would think the mistakes would have still been made, but at least they would figure out what they did wrong much sooner. Especially when Rol asked nen why people thought he was suspicious. That was the instant moment of realization for me.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
I myself would think the mistakes would have still been made, but at least they would figure out what they did wrong much sooner. Especially when Rol asked nen why people thought he was suspicious. That was the instant moment of realization for me.

I agree. I am not sure that I understood what he meant though, which is why I asked for clarification.

I wanted to wait for him to respond, but at this rate we aren't going to get anywhere by asking the less active posters questions.

Better to just vote them, imo.

theprof00 said:
Furthermore, it's troubling that people are saying that houses might mean something. What are you guys implying?

I DON'T KNOW.  That's the problem.  If they do mean something, which they may or may not, then all this house-revealing is likely to backfire on the town. 

And again, if characters DON'T have any relevance to roles, mafia might well not even need to fakeclaim at all.  Your plan could potentially help town, sure.  It could also potentially be dangerous, or potentially be a complete waste of time.  I do not want to indulge your proposal, given the potential risk. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

insomniac17 said:
Korppi said:
[...]

What do you think of Spurge, Kantor, and prof?

@Happydolphin; I am still waiting for answers to some of my questions (1 and 3). It would appear that Rol is as well. (In case you forgot).

About question one. Your quote was; "Kantor, your mistake with the happyd thing is a town read for me, so is the radish-prof-pesus fail. Reason: scum talk during the day and have more post error prevention."

I noticed that prof mentioned your post, here. "HappyD is right when he earlier said that scum would have more error correction regarding the nen situation. Upon making a mistake, scum in their QT should have warned them."

I'm still confused about what you meant though. You say that scum can warn each other during the day, which should help them catch mistakes before they are posted. That's how you explained a pro town feeling for Kantor, radis, prof, and pezus based on some mistake that they made. Are you saying that mafia would have caught that and not posted those mistakes?

Very close. I'll be honest, I didn't answer because I first wanted you to show me that you took the time to figure it out on your own. Now that you have I'll fully answer: I wouldn't say that mafia wouldn't make the mistake. But the way it happened, that 3 players fell for it, you would think that at least one mafia would alert the others of their mistake, and cause less others to stumble, and possible cause the stumblers to wake up. But of all, the most remarkable on was Kantor, who tripped and tripped and tripped, at which point I felt his townness was pretty strong. You don't trip all that much as a mafia player your peers are there to pick you up. On the flipside, I feel that certain moves are traps set by mafia and mafia would be more cunning than town since they have 3+ heads to strategize. That's why I felt that anyone that was prouncing on the poor buggers that fell for it to be much scummier than those that fell. I hope that answers your question. It was a good one, I just don't want to answer things that I know you and others can think of on their own, at least to a certain extent (which you showed). Regarding Rol's post, I said I felt it was forced, and that's a vibe. A vibe is a very difficult thing to explain. I didn't say it felt scummy, I said it felt forced, which are very different things. It could have been town forced, it could have been scum forced, either way it felt true but off all at the same time. What can happen when scum forces is that they seek to win townie points (favor in the eyes of town), but if it's townie forced, then that doesn't look good in the eyes of the village (prone to attract attack). Either way forced isn't really good, but it's what it is. Plus Rol has always been one to advocate discussion, so don't put too much weight on it.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

I DON'T KNOW.  That's the problem.  If they do mean something, which they may or may not, then all this house-revealing is likely to backfire on the town. 

And again, if characters DON'T have any relevance to roles, mafia might well not even need to fakeclaim at all.  Your plan could potentially help town, sure.  It could also potentially be dangerous, or potentially be a complete waste of time.  I do not want to indulge your proposal, given the potential risk. 

And if characters have relevance to alignment?

OK, it could potentially be dangerous. Sure. Now how about why you haven't answered me about sex. Surely by your own idea, that is also dangerous? Then why didn't you say anything?

And in your first post you drop a character hint. Yet that somehow is less dangerous than house? You even refuted me impying that you DID in fact drop a character hint, and that your funny spelled name wasn't just a joke.

If that's your final-answer. Then fine. I'll keep asking others.

happydolphin said:
insomniac17 said:
Korppi said:
[...]

What do you think of Spurge, Kantor, and prof?

@Happydolphin; I am still waiting for answers to some of my questions (1 and 3). It would appear that Rol is as well. (In case you forgot).

About question one. Your quote was; "Kantor, your mistake with the happyd thing is a town read for me, so is the radish-prof-pesus fail. Reason: scum talk during the day and have more post error prevention."

I noticed that prof mentioned your post, here. "HappyD is right when he earlier said that scum would have more error correction regarding the nen situation. Upon making a mistake, scum in their QT should have warned them."

I'm still confused about what you meant though. You say that scum can warn each other during the day, which should help them catch mistakes before they are posted. That's how you explained a pro town feeling for Kantor, radis, prof, and pezus based on some mistake that they made. Are you saying that mafia would have caught that and not posted those mistakes?

Very close. I'll be honest, I didn't answer because I first wanted you to show me that you took the time to figure it out on your own. Now that you have I'll fully answer: I wouldn't say that mafia wouldn't make the mistake. But the way it happened, that 3 players fell for it, you would think that at least one mafia would alert the others of their mistake, and cause less others to stumble, and possible cause the stumblers to wake up. But of all, the most remarkable on was Kantor, who tripped and tripped and tripped, at which point I felt his townness was pretty strong. You don't trip all that much as a mafia player your peers are there to pick you up. On the flipside, I feel that certain moves are traps set by mafia and mafia would be more cunning than town since they have 3+ heads to strategize. That's why I felt that anyone that was prouncing on the poor buggers that fell for it to be much scummier than those that fell. I hope that answers your question. It was a good one, I just don't want to answer things that I know you and others can think of on their own, at least to a certain extent (which you showed). Regarding Rol's post, I said I felt it was forced, and that's a vibe. A vibe is a very difficult thing to explain. I didn't say it felt scummy, I said it felt forced, which are very different things. It could have been town forced, it could have been scum forced, either way it felt true but off all at the same time. What can happen when scum forces is that they seek to win townie points (favor in the eyes of town), but if it's townie forced, then that doesn't look good in the eyes of the village (prone to attract attack). Either way forced isn't really good, but it's what it is. Plus Rol has always been one to advocate discussion, so don't put too much weight on it.

How would mafia be able to prevent someone from opening their mouth? It's not like they post all their posts to be editted first.

^I won't even bother addressing such dumb posts, prof and rol.

this was trivial, and doesn't deserve any more attention. Anything else I would consider distraction to town. Get out of the tunnel boys.

happydolphin said:
^I won't even bother addressing such dumb posts, prof and rol.

this was trivial, and doesn't deserve any more attention. Anything else I would consider distraction to town. Get out of the tunnel boys.

lol is that the answer you finally decided on?

What tunnel? This is like the first question I've asked you.

If something else deserves attention, why do you only have a dozen posts or so?

Also, forgive me for asking you one question. It's been many hours since anyone has been on this thread.

Prof, sorry... OOG I genuinely regret saying that.

IG: Reason I didn't like the qtn is because I answered that, and you did to. I said it wouldn't stop scum from posting, but it would be more likely for town to trip than it would be for town to trip on something inconclusive like that. I explained why enough I think, we're all smart enough to understand why at this point. With a quicktopic, mafia can talk and help prevent fires in general.
I don't get Rol's play at all. He mentions my sibling game with linkz 2 games ago, but the sibling QT was provided for him to see that Linkz was V/LA most of the game and I had zero chance of survival on my own (given my playstyle at the time), on top of the fact that he gave me free play. It's not the same in most mafia factions as we saw in both Rol and Spurge's mafia QT round 40.

Rol's play is really foul, in that he uses the least likely scenario (many players with lesser experience/leadership) to discredit quite an obvious train of thought on my part. That's either scummy play or just plain contentious, I'm having a hard time deciding which.

Also, apologies for the lack of paragraphs when I quote, I'm on a Wii right now making today's posts.