By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

happydolphin said:

Linkzmax said:

Rolstoppable Baalz Mario Danne No Vote killed CARTEL Jailkeeper
 theprof00  No Vote  murdered N1  -----  -----  -----  CARTEL Flavor Cop

Linkz, after all was Cartel pro or anti town?

Both and neither.

They needed to three particular people to die before them, two of which were townies and one was scum. If they managed this early(feasibly done Night one) then they would have won and simply left the game for town and mafia to duke it out. If their removal would give mafia an automatic win, then they'd remain as non-aligned vanillas. At which point they could try and help town mount a comeback or simply rollover and let mafia win anyway.

Their abilities were definitely more pro-town, because finding Joffrey would be more difficult than Stannis or Robb. The townies had no reason(other than Baalz) to lie about their names, and Robb being the cop made him a priority target for mafia as well. Discovering the godfather was not meant to be an easy task, yet Rol and prof scanned him the first night, and with Wonk and Smeags dying that greatly reduced who he could be.

Around the Network

Cartel was an interesting faction. Unfortunately one of them got owned by the Strongman, and the other melted like butter before me and stefl.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Youre exactly right pezus.
just the name prof was enough to doom my team with a mafia who is willing to completely sacrifice both a power and a member to get rid of me, which makes sense given how amazing i am.
As proved in round 39 i dont even need a power to completely wreck house, so i totally understand them willing to sacrifice everything to get me :D

Linkzmax said:
happydolphin said:

Linkzmax said:

Rolstoppable Baalz Mario Danne No Vote killed CARTEL Jailkeeper
 theprof00  No Vote  murdered N1  -----  -----  -----  CARTEL Flavor Cop

Linkz, after all was Cartel pro or anti town?

Both and neither.

They needed to three particular people to die before them, two of which were townies and one was scum. If they managed this early(feasibly done Night one) then they would have won and simply left the game for town and mafia to duke it out. If their removal would give mafia an automatic win, then they'd remain as non-aligned vanillas. At which point they could try and help town mount a comeback or simply rollover and let mafia win anyway.

Their abilities were definitely more pro-town, because finding Joffrey would be more difficult than Stannis or Robb. The townies had no reason(other than Baalz) to lie about their names, and Robb being the cop made him a priority target for mafia as well. Discovering the godfather was not meant to be an easy task, yet Rol and prof scanned him the first night, and with Wonk and Smeags dying that greatly reduced who he could be.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me. It seems you put a lot of thought into it, and it's just unfortunate that prof is so wanted and he fell Cartel. It would also have been nice to see town live up to the thought you put into this game, but alas.

Gratz to mafia still, they really played strong.

pezus said:

It would have been nice to not see townies getting modkilled left and right

I asked for a replacement. It's not my fault you guys are so rash! 3 people were lurking the game and we didn't even know. :-B