By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

I find in the games here, it's best to wait till day 3 to start really making some hypothesis to aid town. Otherwise, both town and scum are on you. I think days 1 & 2 here should be used to gain trust, feel the turf, and once that's done you can start posting things that are a little more complex.

In my MS game, the example of that would be the player Vis challenging the Cop Claim. All town disagreed with it, and he was wrong, but he could have been right. Maybe the comparison is different with my theory which involved flavor, factions and the suspicion of insider knowledge, but the complexity is the same.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
pezus said:
supermario128 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Kantor and Hatmoza played well. Hatmoza better than usual. No idea how those two survived like they did. It was crazy! Frustrating.

I don't think they did at all. It was very obvious in my eyes, but no one wanted to believe me.

Of course, Kantor was obviscum for me from the start but I just couldn't find convincing evidence to get him lynched. 

I was obviscum for everyone and yet nobody thought to start a lynch train on me after Day Two.

Hell, by Day Three all of us except maybe Noctis were obviscum, and you lynched the town cop. This was a bizarre game.

I knew you were scum the moment you claimed Maestor Aemon. Out of a series which has a bazzillion characters you chose to claim someone who had zero screen time in Season 2.
Can't believe the town didn't pick up on that one.

happydolphin said:

Fair enough. I find it a bit of a double-edged sword because, on one hand, you're trying to use clues to help town, on the other you're giving people a chance to misinterpret you. I found on vgchartz mafia things are misconstrued really easily and that's why perfect mafia games happen. True that I just won one at mafiascum, but the perfect game was due to other reasons I find. There it was two good players getting at each other, not like this paranoid case. Kinda different.

I explained many times that I didn't know and I was theorizing, but there is a lot of paranoia (which is normal, but too much of it kills deduction and hypothesizing). I think it was risky, but I don't think it was foolish. It really all depends who you're playing with imho.

I think you just needed to be a little clearly that you were only theorizing, and specifically do not start theorizing when you're being pressured, as it makes it look like hinting. I dunno what else you could have done, but I backed off you right away when I realized what was happening. Still, you did make me think you were a mason.

I dunno, just be clearer I guess, or if you're going to reason why we shouldn't do something (in this case, houseclaim), don't worry about parroting, it's better than making stuff up. :D

theprof00 said:

I think you just needed to be a little clearly that you were only theorizing, and specifically do not start theorizing when you're being pressured, as it makes it look like hinting. I dunno what else you could have done, but I backed off you right away when I realized what was happening. Still, you did make me think you were a mason.

I dunno, just be clearer I guess, or if you're going to reason why we shouldn't do something (in this case, houseclaim), don't worry about parroting, it's better than making stuff up. :D

Haha, quite true. To be fair, I was really thinking out loud and not making things up, but it would be better for me to keep quiet until I get a full picture of what's really going on. Worst comes to worst, some people houseclaim. It's their bad for being careless really (if it really was an issue, luckily it wasn't).

So, ultimately, house didn't matter in this game, and Cartel was siblings? Noob question, so tread litely.

happydolphin said:
theprof00 said:

Haha, quite true. To be fair, I was really thinking out loud and not making things up, but it would be better for me to keep quiet until I get a full picture of what's really going on. Worst comes to worst, some people houseclaim. It's their bad for being careless really (if it really was an issue, luckily it wasn't).

So, ultimately, house didn't matter in this game, and Cartel was siblings? Noob question, so tread litely.

Thing is, House DID matter. All the Lannisters were mafia, hence why I asked for good reasons. Cartel was also one house.

I wanted houses for two reasons. One to identify Robb and Stannis. Second, to find mafia.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

Thing is, House DID matter. All the Lannisters were mafia, hence why I asked for good reasons. Cartel was also one house.

I wanted houses for two reasons. One to identify Robb and Stannis. Second, to find mafia.

It really didn't help that I am completely unfamiliar with GoT, and my bad was to not study the link provided on the theme. It was just so much already I was litterally swamped.

So Noctis was Joffrey Baratheon and he was Mafia? Wait, I just read his father was a Lannister. Hmm, why is his last name Baratheon?

But then, how did you think that I was mason. Is that because you and Rol (Cartel) were part of a house that only had 2 members? I looked at the character reveal in page 1 but couldn't find Rol's. You were Daenerys Targaryen, what was Rol?

Also, were you thinking Robb and Stannis were the leaders of two other factions? In that case, was I not right to warn town against you? In other words, bottom line, was Cartel pro-town or anti-town? Either way, since town is in the dark, it was a good thing to tell people not to claim since you could be malvolent.

Prof, the funniest thing about this house thing is that my initial hypothesis was : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4625428, and it had little to do with any pressure or needing to defend. It was just theorizing. The mess came after that.

happydolphin said:
Prof, the funniest thing about this house thing is that my initial hypothesis was : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4625428, and it had little to do with any pressure or needing to defend. It was just theorizing. The mess came after that.

Yes, that was good, until the second part of the sentence. lol.

Brining up two houses is a very very bad idea.

You and I are similar that we tend to post our thoughts out loud.

"So Noctis was Joffrey Baratheon and he was Mafia? Wait, I just read his father was a Lannister. Hmm, why is his last name Baratheon?"
Hahaha

I'm a little upset Linkz didn't make the mafia sibling...

I thought you were a mason because you said "perhaps all one house is one role". Try not to say things like that. Perhaps you were unclear and meant faction, but you said role, and there's only so many roles that can be occupied by several people, and one of them is masons.

So I just checked out all the past games quickly and noticed something.

I get killed n1 or 2 after a string of victories.

So, I make it to the end several games, then get nkd 1 or 2, then make it to the end, then get nked 1 or 2, rinse repeat. Seems to be a three game cycle. 3 games die day 2, three games finish.
Also, I have a mafia ratio of like 3/20 or 1 in 6.8~

theprof00 said:
happydolphin said:

Yes, that was good, until the second part of the sentence. lol.

Brining up two houses is a very very bad idea.

You and I are similar that we tend to post our thoughts out loud.

"So Noctis was Joffrey Baratheon and he was Mafia? Wait, I just read his father was a Lannister. Hmm, why is his last name Baratheon?"
Hahaha

I'm a little upset Linkz didn't make the mafia sibling...

I thought you were a mason because you said "perhaps all one house is one role". Try not to say things like that. Perhaps you were unclear and meant faction, but you said role, and there's only so many roles that can be occupied by several people, and one of them is masons.

I also mentioned siblings, and I did say it could be cult or masons I think, all still hypothesizing. :) I was vanilla, proof that I didn't know. Fair someone that's in the dark can misinterpret that as insider knowledge, but I mean I told Baalz a few times I was hypothesizing so that should be end of story don't you think?

Suspicion is understandable, but not when the person clearly said they are giving ideas and being creative in trying to list out the possibilities.

In the end, was Cartel pro or anti town? (again, noob qtn be nice)

Thanks for being helpful btw.