By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

theprof00 said:
Well, I'm glad we're back to me being the only voice in the room.

Quick question for you Kantor:
When you defended me the first time you specifically did it because I might have a useful role. Why did that reason enter your mind?

Are you absolutely sure about this prof? I want to see where kantor thinks you have a useful role.

FoS : theprof00           

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Final-Fan said:
Well, Kantor, all I can say is that even though I didn't vote him at the time, I voted him now, even though there wasn't any new information or new motivation that spurred me to do so. Last night I posted that final post from my DS, and I didn't even think I could GET it to do boldface, otherwise I might have voted him then. Maybe not, though; I sometimes like to let a vote decision percolate through my mind.

Fair enough.

Though that still doesn't answer my question. You're telling me when you made the decision, and why you didn't vote back then, but not why you wanted to vote for him in the first place. His request for everyone to townclaim?

Back during the time period when he was clashing with hat, he came off as scummy to me. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

radishhead said:

Seriously though, first sex claims, now house claims - it's a slippery slope towards giving the mafia too much information imo. 

While I do share your concern with the sharing of too much information* (especially on day 1), I don't think our characters hold as much weight to them as say, last round's did (Where evil oriented character -> Mafia/3rd party). Looking at the GoT Wiki, the series seems to be full of people who are, quite honestly, dicks. *laughs*.

@Prof

I honestly don't feel comfortable saying which house I belong to at the moment. Answering might unveil too much information at this time, and I'd like to know more about GoF and what everything means before I tell more. I am a male, and that's all I want to say for now.

*Despite me being scum last round, I did mean what I said about it being dangerous to townies to reveal so much information. Call it a Mafia code of honor or something.

This may be a done topic to some but I do want to add some thoughts.
Rol's little trap of asking thoughts on a person who isn't playing the game means nothing if it catches anyone or not. It's not a scum trap it's just stupid. Players shouldn't have to go back to the OP every time someone asks questions about people on day one. Not all players had posted yet at that point in the game.

So many people play on cell phones and other hand held devices that it's not even a matter of being lazy and not caring but needing to make a bigger effort just to check back to the op so as not to get caught in a stupid trap. I do hope to not see traps like this in future games.

mantlepiecek said:
theprof00 said:
Well, I'm glad we're back to me being the only voice in the room.

Quick question for you Kantor:
When you defended me the first time you specifically did it because I might have a useful role. Why did that reason enter your mind?

Are you absolutely sure about this prof? I want to see where kantor thinks you have a useful role.

FoS : theprof00           

My bad, that was you wasn't it.

Around the Network

So you're saying that this claiming is more to reduce the opportunities for Mafia to make fake claims later? Since we're not giving away any really important info, I'll go along with it. Prof gives me a real town vibe btw.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
So you're saying that this claiming is more to reduce the opportunities for Mafia to make fake claims later? Since we're not giving away any really important info, I'll go along with it. Prof gives me a real town vibe btw.

Thank you for your support. I'd like to get some approval from everyone before I start asking for it properly.

So far, it's

Yay: radish, prof
Nay: Smeags

DO you think maybe you'd like to answer the question mantle?
I'd also like to know about the "revenge-vote" thing.

You said I'm likely for revenge vote because of last game. Why is that, and who did you think was revenge voting? You implied SM128 was, but that was claerly a joke vote. Do you disagree?
First, please explain why I'm a good target for revenge-voting.
Second, please explain why you used my ability as an excuse for me.

Wonktonodi said:
Rol's little trap of asking thoughts on a person who isn't playing the game means nothing if it catches anyone or not. It's not a scum trap it's just stupid. Players shouldn't have to go back to the OP every time someone asks questions about people on day one. Not all players had posted yet at that point in the game.

So many people play on cell phones and other hand held devices that it's not even a matter of being lazy and not caring but needing to make a bigger effort just to check back to the op so as not to get caught in a stupid trap. I do hope to not see traps like this in future games.

Is this all you have to say so far? You've had what, under 10 posts?

Wonktonodi said:

I'm really get sick of the people who call events that forced some discussion useless. I liked Rol's trap, it allowed us to press players if nothing else. What really kills me is the least active people (baalz and now Wonk) are calling that trap meaningless.

In the end, I think almost everyone concluded that we can't call them scum on this alone, even I let the topic go. But don't say it was utterly useless. Plus, saying that just stinks and looks like someone who is trying to rally up them town points.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson