By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

insomniac17 said:

Happyd's argument bothers me a bit more because not all of his points make sense to me; Baalz causing night, not knowing about another miller and therefore wondering how Baalz would attract votes, not planning on being lynched vs not caring; Those don't contradict each other if he is unlynchable, from my understanding. Happyd later said that to say you don't care about being lynched implies that you don't care about the night starting. To me, that said that Baalz wasn't worried about people voting for him because he knew he couldn't be lynched, not that he wanted night to start sooner.

I didn't say he wanted the night to start sooner. I said he didn't care if the night started sooner.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
insomniac17 said:

Happyd's argument bothers me a bit more because not all of his points make sense to me; 1) Baalz causing night, 2) not knowing about another miller and therefore wondering how Baalz would attract votes, 3) not planning on being lynched vs not caring; Those don't contradict each other if he is unlynchable, from my understanding. Happyd later said that to say you don't care about being lynched implies that you don't care about the night starting. To me, that said that Baalz wasn't worried about people voting for him because he knew he couldn't be lynched, not that he wanted night to start sooner.

3) I didn't say he wanted the night to start sooner. I said he didn't care if the night started sooner.

Let me tackle this a little better. I've numbered your points to help you see my PoV.

1) Baalz causing night I've already conceded that it's as impactful as a no-vote. However, I will add that he wasted an important ability for little return. If he is town, this does two things -> a) it weakens the balance set by linkz, and b) he now requires a cop-scan, I don't know who is willing to believe his story. It is much more likely he behaved as scum and is now covering up. Regardless, he now needs to be scanned. So town loses in all this and wins little. c) Also, all attention is on a supposed townie, and we are no longer scumhunting...

2) Miller does not attract votes, I don't care what Mario or Baalz say. Why would scum fakeclaim miller if they would get lynched for it? Please read the mafiascum wiki on this, and you will see both Baalz and Mario are trying to bash the scapegoat (me). http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Miller

3) I quoted my last post for this. But to expand, they do contradict each other. If you plan on not being lynched, there is a reason. Not caring is a very different strategy. Likely he cared because of all the reasons I mentioned in 1).

Hopefully with all this you will stop believing the "bash the scapegoat" posts of "HappyD's logic is not sound" and "That is the dumbest post I've ever read in a mafia game". Also, keep in mind, since I'm town, I can only work with what I have, so I'm bound to make some mistakes here and there, because I'm in the dark. Rather, you should be watchful of players that play too well, or are too confident (>.> Mario).

happydolphin said:
happydolphin said:
insomniac17 said:

Happyd's argument bothers me a bit more because not all of his points make sense to me; 1) Baalz causing night, 2) not knowing about another miller and therefore wondering how Baalz would attract votes, 3) not planning on being lynched vs not caring; Those don't contradict each other if he is unlynchable, from my understanding. Happyd later said that to say you don't care about being lynched implies that you don't care about the night starting. To me, that said that Baalz wasn't worried about people voting for him because he knew he couldn't be lynched, not that he wanted night to start sooner.

3) I didn't say he wanted the night to start sooner. I said he didn't care if the night started sooner.

Let me tackle this a little better. I've numbered your points to help you see my PoV.

1) Baalz causing night I've already conceded that it's as impactful as a no-vote. However, I will add that he wasted an important ability for little return. If he is town, this does two things -> a) it weakens the balance set by linkz, and b) he now requires a cop-scan, I don't know who is willing to believe his story. It is much more likely he behaved as scum and is now covering up. Regardless, he now needs to be scanned. So town loses in all this and wins little. c) Also, all attention is on a supposed townie, and we are no longer scumhunting...

2) Miller does not attract votes, I don't care what Mario or Baalz say. Why would scum fakeclaim miller if they would get lynched for it? Please read the mafiascum wiki on this, and you will see both Baalz and Mario are trying to bash the scapegoat (me). http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Miller

3) I quoted my last post for this. But to expand, they do contradict each other. If you plan on not being lynched, there is a reason. Not caring is a very different strategy. Likely he cared because of all the reasons I mentioned in 1).

Hopefully with all this you will stop believing the "bash the scapegoat" posts of "HappyD's logic is not sound" and "That is the dumbest post I've ever read in a mafia game". Also, keep in mind, since I'm town, I can only work with what I have, so I'm bound to make some mistakes here and there, because I'm in the dark. Rather, you should be watchful of players that play too well, or are too confident (>.> Mario).

Again, let me refine my view. For point 2), there are many results per the mafiawiki. One in which the Miller is more likely to be lynched, one in which he should claim early lest mafia fakeclaims before him (we got lucky due to flavor), and one in which Miller should play unnoticed and hope for the best, avoiding investigation so as to not get lynched needlessly.

HTH

Okay, first off... can someone give me the names of the peoples characters beneath linkz spoiler in the second post, I am traveling and neither the Vita or my phone can unspoiler and I don,'t remember the content. please only give me their names... do not unspoiler everything.

okay, just to avoid any mistakes on my part... baalz claimed unlimited lynchproof?

i am not to sure about mario being scum... though thinking about him as scum makes me believe that both hatz and maro could be scum, acting to relieve suspicion from the other one if one flips, though this act would be kind of stupid in this case in my eyes... well I am still having time issues right now... i will try to make a reread of someone until sunday. Other than that noctis has slightly couht my eyes... so I will go to reread him, if there isn't a lot of people who would opose it... also I have to say that I am surprised to find out that there are vanillas this round.

Stefl1504 said:
Okay, first off... can someone give me the names of the peoples characters beneath linkz spoiler in the second post, I am traveling and neither the Vita or my phone can unspoiler and I don,'t remember the content. please only give me their names... do not unspoiler everything.

Jon Snow.
Balon Greyjoy.
Stannis Baratheon.
Daenerys Targaryen.

Is this what you were looking for? I'm not sure why they're under spoiler text... Can you explain that to me.

okay, just to avoid any mistakes on my part... baalz claimed unlimited lynchproof? 

Yes. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4632311 (Point B)

B.) No, I don't reflect my lynch on anybody (that's sorta a silly question). No, I don't only have X-Shots. I can never be lynched in this game, which is why I am quite surprised that mafia did not kill me last night.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

However, I will add that he wasted an important ability for little return. If he is town, this does two things -> a) it weakens the balance set by linkz, and b) he now requires a cop-scan, I don't know who is willing to believe his story. c) Also, all attention is on a supposed townie, and we are no longer scumhunting...

A.) How did I waste an important ability (let alone for little return).  We just got the information of a lynch without a lynch actually occurring.  I would much rather this happened on a day where no lynch will happen then prevent town from being able to lynch off a mafia on another day.

C.) Then stop talking about me.  It really is that simple.  Rather than complain about other people not scumhunting (even though they are, which is what I find sort of odd), start doing it yourself.  You have been absolutely obsessed with me all day long.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
happydolphin said:

However, I will add that he wasted an important ability for little return. If he is town, this does two things -> a) it weakens the balance set by linkz, and b) he now requires a cop-scan, I don't know who is willing to believe his story. c) Also, all attention is on a supposed townie, and we are no longer scumhunting...

A.) How did I waste an important ability (let alone for little return).  We just got the information of a lynch without a lynch actually occurring.  I would much rather this happened on a day where no lynch will happen then prevent town from being able to lynch off a mafia on another day.

C.) Then stop talking about me.  It really is that simple.  Rather than complain about other people not scumhunting (even though they are, which is what I find sort of odd), start doing it yourself.  You have been absolutely obsessed with me all day long.

c) No, we have to talk about you now, ... sadly. As I said, you've confused town. As much as I would like to not have to talk about a self-proclaimed townie, we have to... So it's your fault, whether we talk about it or not. I'm not advocating for us to stop talking about you, I'm advocating for you causing it. Stop misreading me.

a) You wasted your ability, please understand.

^The above point a assumes the possibility on an X-Shot ability (most likely, even if town). However, even if it is unlimited, you still wasted it by leading to (not causing) an unneeded lynch on you.

This isn't complicated so please don't twist my words.

Also, I understand your reply to point A, you didn't want to waste your ability on a day where we were likely to lynch scum, but you're not addressing the case where we would mislynch you on another day. Well, I guess that will never happen, so I'm starting to see the benefit in your move.

Okay, point a) is conceded if you're townie. However, we still need to scan you.

I'm officially moving on the baalz case.