By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs gets official 2013 release date

Tagged games:

This isn't really news, I don't think anyone thought the game was coming anytime soon. Getting it on PC regardless, unless it's announced for Wii U and that version looks decent, since it's a game that looks like it might actually integrate really well with the game pad. I might also end up using the Wii U like I use my portables, playing it in bed with head phones on while the wife sleeps, so that would be a plus. Star Wars 1313, however, is PC all the way - I really can't imagine PS4/Next Box out speccing my rig by much (so I will probably hold off on a purchase unless some launch exclusives really wow me) and it's the sort of game I would rather play with a mouse and keyboard then Nintendo's tablet controller anyway.

Around the Network
pezus said:
mike_intellivision said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

If it's late 2013, then looks like it'll be an Orbis/Durango launch title.

I have seen that speculated about Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313.

That would explain why it was not listed for WiiU.

It also means it will cost you close to $500 to play (between console (estimated cost $400) and game (estimated cost $70).

Mike from Morgantown

Not really. Probably $50-$60 dollars only.

If it is current generaetion -- $60 would be correct (USD).

But announcements are often changed by counterannouncements.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

http://kotaku.com/5916567/e3s-unsolved-mystery-are-watch-dogs-and-star-wars-1313-really-next+gen-games

http://kotaku.com/5916939/ubisoft-promises-2013-watch-dogs-release-remains-cagey-about-platform

Speculative? Yes. But they ARE being cagey, so there is a reason to be suspect about what consoles this game is coming for ....

pezus said:
mike_intellivision said:
pezus said:
mike_intellivision said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

It also means it will cost you close to $500 to play (between console (estimated cost $400) and game (estimated cost $70).

Mike from Morgantown

Mike from Morgantown

I'm talking about the PC version, which is why I said 50-60. You won't need to buy a next-gen console for it was my point.

That will be fine ... until it is time to upgrade the PC (which is why I went to console gaming).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

They've already shown gameplay footage...it has to be PS3/360

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I like how you call them by their code names.

But ya, more than likely those are the platforms it would come out, so fricken intense man!

Might as well call them that, because stuff like XBox 720, etc... that people come up with, and seldom ever end up being that, is less accurate.  Exception is PS4, which fits the naming convention of the Playstation brand.

So, if it is going to be a high-tech assassin game, I propose people go and call it "Hacker's Creed".

Cool. Hopefully on Wii U. I'd buy it.

pezus said:
mike_intellivision said:
pezus said:
mike_intellivision said:
pezus said:
mike_intellivision said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Mike from Morgantown

Mike from Morgantown

I'm talking about the PC version, which is why I said 50-60. You won't need to buy a next-gen console for it was my point.

That will be fine ... until it is time to upgrade the PC (which is why I went to console gaming).

Mike from Morgantown

What does that have to do with it? You won't need to upgrade if you have a relatively current gaming PC.

1. My PC is sold old that I don't use it. (1a. I stopped PC gaming because I got tired of constant upgrades, incomatabilty issues, and lack of backward compatability).

2. When we know the specs, then we will know what systems work and don't.

I am Mario.