By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Argh_College said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Spain will soon become a great team with another Euro title to add to the trophy cabinet. At club football Spain has dominated Europe for years and years with Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Go Spain: back to back Euro titles! Spain are hot favourites to beat Italy.

werent you the guy that said that spain would easily beat Portugal ?? Yeah Penalties.

Spain will lose Against Italy because Italy plays much better and deserves to win much more this than the lucky Spain.

Just because somebody plays better does not mean they will win. And if Italy play as efficient as they played against England then I don´t see any hope for them. But if they show what they showed against against Germany then this will be a very interesting game. Anyway, I say Spain will defend the title. There defense is too good, and they efficient as a heat pump.

Around the Network
Argh_College said:
Kynes said:
Argh_College said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Spain will soon become a great team with another Euro title to add to the trophy cabinet. At club football Spain has dominated Europe for years and years with Real Madrid and Barcelona.

werent you the guy that said that spain would easily beat Portugal ?? Yeah Penalties.

Spain will lose Against Italy because Italy plays much better and deserves to win much more this than the lucky Spain.

Weren't you the guy who said Portugal was going to destroy Spain because of the friendly game result, and win it all?

it was a joke. nobody can destroy Spain but they aint invencible and we prove that. We just had bad luck.

Bitterness camouflaged as a joke. I get it. You know what's a joke? The only Portuguese guys in the final match will be the referees.

Kynes said:
Argh_College said:
Kynes said:
Argh_College said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Weren't you the guy who said Portugal was going to destroy Spain because of the friendly game result, and win it all?

it was a joke. nobody can destroy Spain but they aint invencible and we prove that. We just had bad luck.

Bitterness camouflaged as a joke. I get it. You know what's a joke? The only Portuguese guys in the final match will be the referees.

Ahhh, good old Spanish superiority complex. 

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone even here in Portugal who would seriously say that Portugal would easily win against Spain. Most of us recognize that Spain is the best team in the world nowadays, so you can take your complex anywhere else, like for example any spanish sport forum, in which almost everyone thinks that Spain is invincible and that it's their god given right to win the Euro and no one else. 

And yes, I'm proud that we have a portuguese referee in the final. Just like we had him on the CL final as well. You don't think that Collina was also a pride for Italians as well? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Kynes said:
Argh_College said:
Kynes said:
Argh_College said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone even here in Portugal who would seriously say that Portugal would easily win against Spain. Most of us recognize that Spain is the best team in the world nowadays, so you can take your complex anywhere else, like for example any spanish sport forum, in which almost everyone thinks that Spain is invincible and that it's their god given right to win the Euro and no one else. 

And yes, I'm proud that we have a portuguese referee in the final. Just like we had him on the CL final as well. You don't think that Collina was also a pride for Italians as well? 

This doesn't have anything to do with superiority complex, but trash talking. Argh_College was trash talking Spain during several days, I'm just remembering him that, and trash talking back.

Let me guess. He can say whatever he wants, but I should stay silent. If I say something back, it's superiority complex.

lestatdark said:
AndrewWK said:
lestatdark said:
AndrewWK said:
lestatdark said:

Pirlo has been my favourite player of this Euro so far. The way he has led the Italy team when they needed him the most is trully amazing. Couple that with his amazing game vision, his natural skills and the way he treats the ball and you get a trully remarkable player.

A pure nº 10 on the field.

I want to crack his nuts because of this Euro. Now he knows how to play again, but his last two years with Milan where a disaster >.<

Asshole

To be fair, on Milan he didn't have neither the Team support nor he was played on his best position for the past couple of years. Plus, he was really unlucky with injuries as well (I also think that the medical staff over at Milan is borderline crap, they either take too long to "fix" the players or do a shitty job). 

He's got a new wind since moving to Juventus.

I don´t think the staff is to blame, or the team. He just lost his passion, people said he did not wanted to play for Milan anymore. I am happy that he is back in such an impressive matter.

Well It's not like Pirlo was the first case of a long series of badly treated injuries on Milan, Pato is probably one of the worst cases. Plus, if I recall correctly, even when Pirlo was okay to play, this current manager kept him benched most of the times as well, that's what I meant by support. 

I think any player would lose the passion to play at a club with all those factors involved, even if they loved the club in the past.

Nah, I agree with AndrewWK. Pirlo had 2 poor seasons at AC Milan. Even before the injury, he had lost his lucidity and he was just sufficient in terms of commitment.

Probably afer all those years in the club and after he has won basically any competiton, he just needed some new stimulus. Also the great shape of Juventus in this last season has allowed him to regain his confidence as a player.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
lestatdark said:
Kynes said:
Argh_College said:
Kynes said:
Argh_College said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

This doesn't have anything to do with superiority complex, but trash talking. Argh_College was trash talking Spain during several days, I'm just remembering him that, and trash talking back.

Let me guess. He can say whatever he wants, but I should stay silent. If I say something back, it's superiority complex.

I also don't agree with him as well, as I've pointed out too. 

While you might have not meant that in a "superior" way, that's something that's inate to most Spaniards. Having worked, lived and talked with a lot of Spaniards in the past 10 years, that's a shared commonality, in which everything Spain does, is or anything a Spaniard thinks or says is superior to anyone else. So sometimes those kind of comments just set me off. 

I apologize then, if you didn't mean it that way.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Kynes said:
lestatdark said:

While you might have not meant that in a "superior" way, that's something that's inate to most Spaniards. Having worked, lived and talked with a lot of Spaniards in the past 10 years, that's a shared commonality, in which everything Spain does, is or anything a Spaniard thinks or says is superior to anyone else. So sometimes those kind of comments just set me off. 

You apologize, but at the same time attack ~46 million people. Great way to apologize. It may be that you have an inferiority complex, but thankfully your countrymen aren't the same way.

freebs2 said:
lestatdark said:
AndrewWK said:
lestatdark said:
AndrewWK said:
lestatdark said:

Pirlo has been my favourite player of this Euro so far. The way he has led the Italy team when they needed him the most is trully amazing. Couple that with his amazing game vision, his natural skills and the way he treats the ball and you get a trully remarkable player.

I want to crack his nuts because of this Euro. Now he knows how to play again, but his last two years with Milan where a disaster >.<

Asshole

To be fair, on Milan he didn't have neither the Team support nor he was played on his best position for the past couple of years. Plus, he was really unlucky with injuries as well (I also think that the medical staff over at Milan is borderline crap, they either take too long to "fix" the players or do a shitty job). 

I don´t think the staff is to blame, or the team. He just lost his passion, people said he did not wanted to play for Milan anymore. I am happy that he is back in such an impressive matter.

Well It's not like Pirlo was the first case of a long series of badly treated injuries on Milan, Pato is probably one of the worst cases. Plus, if I recall correctly, even when Pirlo was okay to play, this current manager kept him benched most of the times as well, that's what I meant by support. 

I think any player would lose the passion to play at a club with all those factors involved, even if they loved the club in the past.

Nah, I agree with AndrewWK. Pirlo had 2 poor seasons at AC Milan. Even before the injury, he had lost his lucidity and he was just sufficient in terms of commitment.

Probably afer all those years in the club and after he has won basically any competiton, he just needed some new stimulus. Also the great shape of Juventus in this last season has allowed him to regain his confidence as a player.

I can agree to that, but I still think that the overall ambient surrounding the team also played a big detrimental role on his lack of Passion in these past years. Since I started watching the Serie A in 2000, I always thought that AC Milan was the worst of the big 3 teams in Italy in terms of player support.

Current PC Build

Kynes said:
lestatdark said:
Kynes said:
lestatdark said:

You apologize, but at the same time attack ~46 million people. Great way to apologize. It may be that you have an inferiority complex, but thankfully your countrymen aren't the same way.

Most = Everyone now? .

Please, do show me that it isn't a shared Spanish trait then. I've lived in Madrid for a couple of years, spent some months on Barcelona, Sevilla and Vigo, so i'm speaking mostly out of personal experience. 

And if you think that most portuguese don't think the same way as I do regarding the Spaniards (especially those who have also lived or are currently living on Spain) or if that isn't something that also resounds to tourists that visit your country, then you're sorely misguided.

Edit - Also, allow me to say, that just because your people have a negative trait, doesn't meant that they don't have amazing positive traits as well. I love Spanish hospitality and friendship, you're also a great people to live with. Everyone has negative and positive traits, no one is better than anyone in that aspect.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
freebs2 said:
lestatdark said:
AndrewWK said:
lestatdark said:
AndrewWK said:
lestatdark said:

Asshole

I can agree to that, but I still think that the overall ambient surrounding the team also played a big detrimental role on his lack of Passion in these past years. Since I started watching the Serie A in 2000, I always thought that AC Milan was the worst of the big 3 teams in Italy in terms of player support.

Well Pirlo had his best seasons during this decade at ACMilan, so I agree the ambient surrounding the team has played a role but only in this last few years. In fact as an AC Milan supporter I'm waiting for Berlusconi to sell of the team, since he doesn't want to spend money for the team anymore, he doesn't have long-term plan for the team and at the same time he wants to keep managing the team only for personal reputation.

Overall I'd say, in this decade, Inter FC was the worst in terms of player support, but I'm not impartial, I know that :D