By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nikkei: Larger 3DS incoming (this summer possibility), Wii U 30k Yen initial price tag

sounds possible, but i think they confused summer 2012 with summer 2013...it's gonna happen in 2013 with a larger screen and second analog stick.

Around the Network
maxnyc said:
sounds possible, but i think they confused summer 2012 with summer 2013...it's gonna happen in 2013 with a larger screen and second analog stick.

Why you think that?

History says otherwise. And they wouldn't report a news for summer 2013. It's either true or false that date, not a confusion

What the fuck. 3DS does have its flaws but a revision this early is unnecessary. Are they really being influenced that much by third parties (second analog)? Honestly, $20.00 price cut would make more sense.
Also, it looks like Wii U will be priced at US$349.99. That's a fairly nice tag but US$299.99 would be much better.

EDIT: Never mind. That summer date pretty much proves this shit is false. No mention of Wii U price is a smart decision. They need to level out people's reaction to E3 and decide a sufficient price.

PSwii60 said:
What the fuck. 3DS does have its flaws but a revision this early is unnecessary. Are they really being influenced that much by third parties (second analog)? Honestly, $20.00 price cut would make more sense.
Also, it looks like Wii U will be priced at US$349.99. That's a fairly nice tag but US$299.99 would be much better.

Not really.

Vita 3G is 30.000 yen and in the west costs 299.

So 299 is the correct relative to the japanese price, I think.

But this price is rumor, could be higher or lower;

PSwii60 said:

EDIT: Never mind. That summer date pretty much proves this shit is false. No mention of Wii U price is a smart decision. They need to level out people's reaction to E3 and decide a sufficient price.

Why?

Around the Network
VicViper said:
maxnyc said:

Why you think that?

History says otherwise. And they wouldn't report a news for summer 2013. It's either true or false that date, not a confusion

ok, so i think the basic rumor is true, but the date is wrong. i bet nikkei has some inside source, but that doesnt mean their insider knows the exact timing of these upgrades.

Ok so let me tell you guys what's going to happen.

1. A 3DSXL is very plausible because: 

a) It will shut up all the people who get crampy hands from the current 3DS
        (most of these people are going to buy the 3DSXL)

b) It will offer people a choice:
         - buy the regular 3DS at a lower price
         - buy the 3DSXL at a higher price 
           (it's a win/win situation for both Nintendo and consumers)

These are obvious reasons, please feel free to provide us with reasons c, d, e...
    Btw, what's the chance of Nintendo using a higher resolution screen for the XL?

2. If the price of Wii U is actually 30.000 Yen, then these are probably the prices for: 

- US:       $300
    -Europe: €300
    -Uk:        £250

No way they gonna charge the US $380 for the Wii U. The US will get away with the cheapest price of $300. Since Nintendo thinks 1$ equals 1€, Europe gets screwed over and will be charged €300. 
    On a sidenote i wouldn't mind Nintendo releasing a $€350 console if it means better hardware.

Think for yourself, question authority

VicViper said:

PSwii60 said:
Never mind. That summer date pretty much proves this shit is false.

Why?

it's too early, especially when they'll finally break even mid-fsical year (Aug 2012 / Sept 2012). It will conflict with Wii U's timeframe upon release. I'd say after Mar 2013, we'll see a revised 3DS.

VicViper said:
PSwii60 said:
Also, it looks like Wii U will be priced at US$349.99.

Not really.

Vita 3G is 30.000 yen and in the west costs 299.

So 299 is the correct relative to the japanese price, I think.

But this price is rumor, could be higher or lower;

It makes sense. $299.99 would be a sweet price actually. I only said $349.99 at a worse case scenario. $399.99 would be worst case, while $299.99 would be the best case.

Train wreck said:

Current rate for 30,000 Yen

306 Euros
382 US dollars, most likely nintendo will find middle ground and price at 349.99, same as walmart indicated.

Possibly, if Nintendo thinks they can get away with it and wants to hedge the currency losses, they may deviate from the $0.01 = 1Yen formula. We'll have to see.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.