6.5 - 6.9 1 0.44%

6 - 6.4 2 0.89%

Spartan IV 8 3.56%

Total:210

The Evolution of Master Chief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF1NZ8D_nX8

Around the Network

More Console

UK videogame publication GamesMaster is touting Halo 4 as “nothing less than the most exciting game ever to run on an Xbox 360”. It’s a bold statement, but one they are willing to back up. 

So then, what makes Halo 4 so damn good? Well, highlights from the magazine include the hands-on descriptions of new gadgets, gizmos and abilities. We already know about Promethean Vision and the Hardlight Shield, but else will the Chief be able to do? 

The Sticky Detonator pistol (directly above) fires an adhesive explosive that sticks on to the point of contact. Pull the trigger and BOOM. It’ll be like having a remote-controlled plasma ‘nade. There’s also an Awareness Support Upgrade (directly below), which maintains the radar when using scoped guns – a huge boon for snipers. 

GamesMaster also spills the beans on Spartan Ops, Halo 4’s weekly episodic frag fest.

Each week a new episode will be released along with five co-op missions. The screenshot above gives us our first proper look at the name and description of the first two episodes:

Episode 1: Infinity

UNSC Infinity Prepares for Action on the mysterious forerunner world Requiem.

Episode 2: Artifact

The crew of Infinity deal with the effects of the artifact received from the surface of Requiem.

Each episode comprises five chapters. Here are the chapters from Episode 1:

Chapter 1: Land Grab

Chapter 2: Sniper Alley

Chapter 3: The Challenge

Chapter 4: Sacred

Chapter 5: Core

The Core is set in a lava-filled outcrop of rocks known as the Cauldron. Here’s how GamesMaster describes the mission: 

“It lasted 15 minutes in all and involved reaching various control panels to lower barriers and press on towards a Covenant dig site where, after slaying a few dozen Prometheans, we uncovered a strange artefact. One defensive stand later and a dropship came to collect us and the prize to bring the episode to a close.”

I don’t know about you guys, but the more I hear about the game the more I’m inclined to believe that Halo 4 could very well be the most exciting game ever to run on an Xbox. 

Just one more thing, a little bonus if you will. Here’s a quick video I made of all the cool free gifts that come with the Ultimate Collector’s Edition of Halo 4 (bonus points to the first person who points out the mistake I make towards the end of the video). The magazine is well worth the £7.99 price tag, so why not pop into your local WH Smith and bag yourself a copy. 

Some people keep saying it's like COD now, but it looks like Halo to me.

I really like the look of snowbound.

Around the Network

yeah no clue how they say it looks like cod. sure you have customization and stuff like that but that makes maybe 10% of the game. the most important thing is the gameplay itself and that is still halo, just a little bit faster now.
no clue how a game with vehicles, high jumping guys, enemies who can eat some bullets before dying and such things can look like cod.

Millenium said:

I haven't watched all of the videos or read all of the info Nsanity has inundated us with lately but did I miss something here? Or are you just calling that snowy map Snowbound?

Either way, the game continues to impress me, I'm really liking the crispness to the movement. Even in the menu before the game started when the dude was scrolling through the armor options it was noticeable in the Spartan movement.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
Millenium said:

I haven't watched all of the videos or read all of the info Nsanity has inundated us with lately but did I miss something here? Or are you just calling that snowy map Snowbound?

Either way, the game continues to impress me, I'm really liking the crispness to the movement. Even in the menu before the game started when the dude was scrolling through the armor options it was noticeable in the Spartan movement.

i believe that was a little halo 3 confusion

Assassinations look so rewarding now. Everything I see about Halo 4 looks so perfect!