8 - 8.4 12 5.33%

7.5 - 7.9 5 2.22%

7 - 7.4 6 2.67%

6.5 - 6.9 1 0.44%

6 - 6.4 2 0.89%

Spartan IV 8 3.56%

Total:210

I'll buy it if it comes out on PC

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:

3 or Reach didn't so I'm not liking your chances.

ironmanDX said:
mysticwolf said:

3 or Reach didn't so I'm not liking your chances.

In fact, no Halo this gen has been put on the PC as well.

Trendy Gamers

343 Industries is very busy these days with just 5 months to go before Halo 4 launches on the Xbox 360 and they have revealed some interesting news about the game. The entire Halo 4 campaign is playable from start to finish, though some levels aren’t fully complete and others need polish. The first few weeks of Spartan Ops are also in the same situation, as are the ten multiplayer maps that will be included with the final product.

On the multiplayer side of things, 3 brand new screenshots (below) have been revealed for Longbow, a map located on the northern regions of the planet Concord. It will feature ’frigid climates and unique gravitational conditions’. 343 had this to say about Longbow:

“The goal of Longbow was to create a playspace that showcases one of our new (and unannounced) game modes. Early in development, we considered several options, including making it something like a big Arecibo-type telescope built into a valley. We experimented with having extremes of Fire and Ice on opposite sides, but ultimately decided a glacier theme fit better with the spectrum of themes from other maps.

The look and feel really took off from there to be distinctive and atmospheric. We wanted a big engineering effort that connected to the war or the resources needed for the UNSC, so when looking at the designers’ initial idea for the map from the top, we began thinking of a Y-shape or loop shape that accommodated this single big machine—a magnetic launcher that works on similar principles as a MAC Cannon. It was an interesting case of trying to make a symmetrical map area feel natural and almost accidental, while still telling an epic sci-fi story.

We then had to develop solid visual markers so the players could understand where they were. Each side is a very similar plan and path, but distinct enough to get a peripheral sense of being in a distinct “zone” in the map. At one point, we flipped the direction of the entire map. The center building of the launch facility moved north to be a better landmark, pointing the launcher’s arms out over the ocean. It’s much cooler to look at, and better for the players’ orientation.

Longbow supports both infantry and vehicle play. On foot, players will notice it’s mostly a mid-to-long range map with pockets of close range combat in and around the base structures. However, there are plenty of vehicles (currently Warthogs, Mongooses, and Ghosts) and routes through the map that will make fans of vehicular combat happy.”

Longbow, and a few other maps, will be playable at RTX (Rooster Teeth Expo) on July 7th and 8th at The Austin Convention Center and Halo 4 will be playable at Comic-Con on July 12th – 15th. Here’s the list of Comic-Con activities for Halo 4:

Thursday, July 12, 4:45pm – 5:45pm

The Fiction of Halo 4 Room 6BCF, San Diego Convention Center

Halo 4 heralds the return of one of gaming’s most iconic heroes, the Master Chief, in a new, epic sci-fi saga. Expanding and enriching the narrative, 343 Industries, with very special guests, will share how the development of stories across the Greg Bear Forerunner saga, the Karen Traviss Kilo-Five trilogy, Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, Halo 4 Campaign and Halo Infinity Multiplayer have become connective tissue for Halo 4. Don’t miss the exciting premiere of the Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn trailer as well as Q&A with our special guests!

Panelists: Brian Reed (Franchise Writer, 343 Industries), Armando Troisi (Narrative Director, 343 Industries), Brien Goodrich (Cinematic Director, 343 Industries), and Forward Unto Dawn’s director, cinematic director and writers (to be announced) Moderated by: Frank O’Connor (Franchise Development Director, 343 Industries

Saturday, July 14, 3:15pm – 4:15pm

Halo 4: A New Campaign and Halo Infinity Multiplayer Room 6DE, San Diego Convention Center

Halo 4 marks the beginning of a new saga in the blockbuster franchise that has shaped entertainment history and defined a generation of gamers. Developed by 343 Industries, get a glimpse at how they have taken Halo 4 in new directions, introducing an ancient threat and the Master Chief’s greatest challenge, as well as an innovative and fresh new take on multiplayer in War Games and Spartan Ops.

Panelists: Kiki Wolfkill (Executive Producer, 343 Industries), Josh Holmes (Creative Director, 343 Industries), Frank O’Connor (Franchise Development Director, 343 Industries), Chris Haluke (Lead Designer, 343 Industries), and others to be announced soon Moderated by: David Ellis (Spartan Ops Designer, 343 Industries)

Source: Halo Waypoint

Around the Network

Interesting looking map! Definitely looking forward to seeing footage from Comic Con and RTE.

I remember now why I bought those new shelves recently...

Halo 4 pre-ordered. I'm liking how it's going so far; don't disappoint us, 343! :D

The BuShA owns all!

Forward Unto Dawn live action teaser on July 2nd