By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I thought we were suppose to be working to return some quality back here?

Xxain said:
spurgeonryan said:
Some things are really cool and should be seen, but are just not worth throwing out there.new screenshots for etrian odyssey or new characters announced for another game or a box art releases for a different game. That is the reasons some threads do lousy here. People make bad choices for threads with crap no others want to talk about. But that is the blame game again.

Are you really arguing about official threads though? We have discussions and we post information in them. Real big news gets its own threads. Let's just keep this on the off topic sections where we can both agree needs some work. Official threads are fine.

official threads should be used only for games and events(E3) nothing else. whats wrong  with off topic...minus a actual not NSFW section

What Ryan just described to you is games and events.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
spurgeonryan said:
No. Padib made the official 3DS thread and he left it to die. Salnax and I just kept it going for a bit. Mine is for news not worth threads to keep the forums from being cluttered with worthless threads.

I want to ask a question - If the news is not worth its own thread shouldnt it just not be posted? your trying to find a reason to post something  you know wouldnt stand on its own,

When I read this it seem like your addicted to posting threads. wanna post everything but we dont need everything

Whoa! Ryan's Nintendo news thread is the reason I signed up to this site. It's my favorite thread. I love reading all the new Nintendo news after a hard day at work. That thread is not pointless nor does it need to be cut down in size. Just because you don't like large threads doesn't mean other people don't.

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

spurgeonryan said:
I thought you were annoyed at elimination threads? That's off topic.

Who are you talking to?

NintendoPie said:
Xxain said:
spurgeonryan said:
Some things are really cool and should be seen, but are just not worth throwing out there.new screenshots for etrian odyssey or new characters announced for another game or a box art releases for a different game. That is the reasons some threads do lousy here. People make bad choices for threads with crap no others want to talk about. But that is the blame game again.

Are you really arguing about official threads though? We have discussions and we post information in them. Real big news gets its own threads. Let's just keep this on the off topic sections where we can both agree needs some work. Official threads are fine.

official threads should be used only for games and events(E3) nothing else. whats wrong  with off topic...minus a actual not NSFW section

Game - The Official Fire Emblem: Awakening Thread

Event - The Official PlayStation Conferance Thread

Ryan post regular news that actual forum is already made to handle.

Xxain said:
NintendoPie said:
Xxain said:
spurgeonryan said:

In the beginning of this thread I was sure you said you hated Official threads. Now they are okay? Hmm... that doesn't make much sense.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Xxain said:
NintendoPie said:
Xxain said:
spurgeonryan said:

In the beginning of this thread I was sure you said you hated Official threads. Now they are okay? Hmm... that doesn't make much sense.

Im serious this time. This will be last time I respond to any of your post. I feel like Im dealing with  a 5 year old.

I do have a problem official threads but amount of redundance In the ones currently active. Do we need a official thread about NIntendo news in the NIntendo forum which is made to specifically for NIntendo News!!???

Now is there a dedicated Fire Emblem forum on this site?

is there a dedicated E3 forum on this site?

NOOOO

so official threads should be reserved for these kinda events or games...not regular old news that can just posted in the respective forum!!!.

Xxain said:

Im serious this time. This will be last time I respond to any of your post. I feel like Im dealing with  a 5 year old.

I do have a problem official threads but amount of redundance In the ones currently active. Do we need a official thread about NIntendo news in the NIntendo forum which is made to specifically for NIntendo News!!???

Now is there a dedicated Fire Emblem forum on this site?

is there a dedicated E3 forum on this site?

NOOOO

so official threads should be reserved for these kinda events or games...not regular old news that can just posted in the respective forum!!!.

You seriously flip! Not once did you seem to be annoyed with me, you are odd. 

Anyway, Ryan and I both already told you what his thread is for. In that case you are the one who is being the 5 year old, we've already told you why there is one. It's for the Extra's that don't necssarily need a thread for themselves. It just needs to be mentioned because some people like knowing about it.

What Xxain is saying is that general news stuff doesn't need to be all compiled into one thread. They should have their own individual thread.

Official threads should be made for specific games, or events, not general news.

can someone link meto the official Nintendo thread? what's in it?

Jay520 said:
What Xxain is saying is that general news stuff doesn't need to be all compiled into one thread. They should have their own official thread.

Official threads should be made for specific games, or events, not general news.

So you would want that many Official Threads? An Official Thread isn't supposed to be focused on one thing necessarily, it's supposed to show many things. Big things, like a Wii U release date and price, shouldn't be in an Official Thread. (Well, they can be but they should ave their own OP, too.) Small things, like a few new screenshots for Fire Emblem and Black Ops II, should go into the Official thread so as to not clutter the site even more.