By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

RolStoppable said:
TadpoleJackson said:
Ok, I was at work all day so I missed it. Can someone summarize it for me? High points and low points. plz

• Third party games lameness.

Hey now, this deserves some more detail!

Several minutes on a game that released last year (Batman: Arkham City), followed by several more minutes of a game that has a stupid title and underwent a complete transformation since last year (Zombi U, or What Used To Be Killer Freaks From Outer Space).

Around the Network

So, just what the hell is this game about? I don't recall there being a Trine ONE..

Looks pretty good though. Why wasn't THIS shown at the conference?

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/#/wiiu/trine-2

noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:
TadpoleJackson said:
Ok, I was at work all day so I missed it. Can someone summarize it for me? High points and low points. plz

• Third party games lameness.

Hey now, this deserves some more detail!

Several minutes on a game that released last year (Batman: Arkham City), followed by several more minutes of a game that has a stupid title and underwent a complete transformation since last year (Zombi U, or What Used To Be Killer Freaks From Outer Space).

In this case i feel it's a change for the better, aside from the dumb title. It looks like a *real* survival game, the likes of which hasn't been seen in mainstream gaming in some time.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Metallicube said:

So, just what the hell is this game about? I don't recall there being a Trine ONE..

Trine was on PSN, maybe on XBLA, not sure about that, but definitely a PSN game.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Metallicube said:

It's a digital game. Puzzle-platformer.

The first game was really good, but I've had the second (the one the Wii U is getting) on my PS3 for a while but have felt no motivation to complete it.

VGChartz

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

In this case i feel it's a change for the better, aside from the dumb title. It looks like a *real* survival game, the likes of which hasn't been seen in mainstream gaming in some time.

We'll see. What I do know is that having a title undergo a complete overhaul a year or so before release is a worrying sign.

Okay...

WiiU:
- Pikmin 3 looks fantastic, can't wait.
- Mario WiiU looks good.
- Ubisoft is putting a lot of effort.
- Rest of third party for WiiU is terrible.
- WiiU's tech is pretty underwhelming so far.
- No surprises.

6/10, only because Pikmin was fantastic.

3DS:
- Mario 3DS looks horrible, I think I will actually skip it.
- Paper Mario 3DS looks abysmal, where are the partners. Anyway, don't plan to buy it at this rate.
- Luigi's Mansion looks great.
- Third party is very good, miles better than Vita's support.
- Can't wait for tomorrow.

7.5/10, there is still another conference though.

Overall: 6.5/10.

E3 2013 should be a far different story (I hope)

- Next Xbox shown
- PS4 shown
-Nintendo announces heavy hitters that really show off the console´s power (3D Mario, Smash, whatever Retro´s working on, etc..)

still nintendo, could have showed a retro title and one more hardcore title like f zero and been fine but nope

JGarret said:
E3 2013 should be a far different story (I hope)

- Next Xbox shown
- PS4 shown
-Nintendo announces heavy hitters that really show off the console´s power (3D Mario, Smash, whatever Retro´s working on, etc..)

I was thinking the same thing. It makes no sense Nintendo hasn't shown yet the other titles they're deveoping.

They probably want to show their cards when Nextbox and Ps4 are incoming.