By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - My Diablo III first impressions

Today it's been a shitty day to play DIII. Lag spikes everywhere, which makes playing as a Barb against elite mobs on Act II pretty much impossible, since you only survive by managing your CDs to the second.

I love this "SP" experience.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

All I have to say is wow.

I'm actually a little upset that I didn't stay caught up with my friends (although I am working as hard as I can, and want to be a solid level 60 by next week).

My buddy made $55 today alone in the auction house. Is $55 a lot? No. But $55 almost pays for the full cost of Diablo 3. As much as I was tempted to start playing PS3 again (finally), the idea that I can actually make money (albeit not necessarily that much considering I don't play enough to get to the point where I make $100's.) playing a game that is pretty fun is just something I cannot shy away from.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
All I have to say is wow.

I'm actually a little upset that I didn't stay caught up with my friends (although I am working as hard as I can, and want to be a solid level 60 by next week).

My buddy made $55 today alone in the auction house. Is $55 a lot? No. But $55 almost pays for the full cost of Diablo 3. As much as I was tempted to start playing PS3 again (finally), the idea that I can actually make money (albeit not necessarily that much considering I don't play enough to get to the point where I make $100's.) playing a game that is pretty fun is just something I cannot shy away from.

GZ to your friend.

Personally, i'm staying away from the RMAH like it was molten lava ready to destroy my PC. I don't think any item in a video game should be paid for since you already cashed 45 - 60€ for the game itself. The very idea that someone can spend 250$ just for pixels is nauseating to me.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I personally think it is stupid too, and I will never pay cash for an item in a game, but I will surely take money from the idiots who will give me money.

Hell yeah, Belial Inferno downed! .

The whole fight is just an unbalanced mess for the first two phases though, whom in their right mind thought it was okay to create such a small area with a truckload of enemies and Belial instarushgib on Phase 2?.

Oh well, it was a much more satisfying conclusion at the end though, finally got rid of Act II and can farm ilvl 63 gear now! .

Edit - Blizzard can go fuck themselves and take their servers as well. Today I just lost 40K on gold in repairs because I'm suddendly going from 80 ms to 700 - 1.9k ms latency, funny enough when I'm mid elite mobs. I just died more times at the stairway right in the start of Act III first quest than on Belial. 

Funny that with a 100MB connection solely dedicated to Diablo III is more shitty than playing with a 56K modem on DII. 

Current PC Build

Around the Network

Got my first set item drop yesterday.
Was a not so good WD head item.
Stats rolled on it were good considering the possible stuff, but overall it's still one of the worse set item but I managed to sell it for 400k ( which isn't bad considering there were more than 50 pages on it on the AH, the lowest going for 50k)...

Did more Act 2 farming and tried again Act 3.
Basically I need teleport in Act 3 to do ok ( or I keep dying to wallers) but then I have too few attacks options and they all cost arcane power so I need to change something... One way would be to get some arcane power on crit ( because celestial orb is a crit machine) or I would have to drop diamond skin but I am loathe to do that..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

And...I'm a little bit stuck. I have run upon a group of 3 yellow invulnerable guys as well as 1 other dude that I'm assuming I need to kill first. The guy I need to kill first nearly 1 shots me, and I can't for the life of me get even close to killing him before I wind up dying. I'm thinking of just skipping past these guys.

Baalzamon said:
And...I'm a little bit stuck. I have run upon a group of 3 yellow invulnerable guys as well as 1 other dude that I'm assuming I need to kill first. The guy I need to kill first nearly 1 shots me, and I can't for the life of me get even close to killing him before I wind up dying. I'm thinking of just skipping past these guys.

Invu minions affix is probably the worst one in the game at the moment. What class are you playing? I can give you a few tips as a DH, WD or Barb.

There's a few affixes that need some tweaking in the game. Fast affix is another that's seriously broken, especially when it lands on mobs that are already super fast. Plus, every mob in Inferno gains additional speed and damage once they go Elite/Champion.

So for example, imagine if a Spiderling mob spawns with a Fast affix, that mob will have 3x their natural speed, which makes them impossible to kite.

Current PC Build

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Belial is down , ffs act 2 is the most boring act :( , hate those nagas :(

i need gear !!!

Just wait until a pack of winged morloks come out of nowhere and instagib you before you see the fireball coming out XD. 

I shudder to think how much resist and armor my barb will need to survive act III. Mobs hit for 40 - 60K damage ffs and this is just in the early stages of Act III! 

Current PC Build

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
lestatdark said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Belial is down , ffs act 2 is the most boring act :( , hate those nagas :(

i need gear !!!

Just wait until a pack of winged morloks come out of nowhere and instagib you before you see the fireball coming out XD. 

I shudder to think how much resist and armor my barb will need to survive act III. Mobs hit for 40 - 60K damage ffs and this is just in the early stages of Act III! 

i think i am going to farm gold 3 or 4 weeks straight to buy gear for them xD

I'm getting some good drops from some of the champiom mobs that I can kill, but no upgrades so far. I'm just trying to get through this part (and breached keep) to start doing Siegebreaker runs, which seem to be the most profitable item&gold wise. 

Got a couple of quasi-1000 DPS weapons (a pretty nice Decapitator 2H axe with 1.22 APS) that will work wonders once my Wizard hits 60 XD. 

Current PC Build