By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - My Diablo III first impressions

Yeah - I can't afford all that quality stuff, that's why I'm farming inferno and getting nothing but crap. If I had 45k I'd be great, because the only time I get in trouble is when they immobilize me and I can't use Revenge and WW. So whenever I see them cast those ice globes I immediately WW out, but walls and the force-field things I can only hope I'm near full life when they anchor me.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

Around the Network

My Barb has 58k HP but poor armor and resistances... not any better!

mitlar37 said:
Yeah - I can't afford all that quality stuff, that's why I'm farming inferno and getting nothing but crap. If I had 45k I'd be great, because the only time I get in trouble is when they immobilize me and I can't use Revenge and WW. So whenever I see them cast those ice globes I immediately WW out, but walls and the force-field things I can only hope I'm near full life when they anchor me.

My barbs has leap for when he gets cornered or jailed. ( but no WW or overpower).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Mummelmann said:
My Barb has 58k HP but poor armor and resistances... not any better!

Well, I hope to have both once I reach Inferno xD. Just got to hell and finally got the 30% Revenge rune and I laugh at how my health never drops below 50% XD. 

Got cornered by a Fast Invu Minions Shielded Scavenger mob and I just stood there Revenging and Smiting the leader's ass off

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
Taking leap would mean getting rid of overpower and I like having a reliable heal on a 15 sec cooldown for long drawn-out fights. :/

Hmmm, personally, I think Revenge is a much more reliable self-heal than overpower, especially if you use the 30% chance activation rune. On mob fights it can be triggered almost constantly, and being in the mid of a pack can make you go from almost 0 health to full health in a single revenge (not to mention, revenge does 222% of weapon damage, which is more than Overpower as well).

I have that, too. I'm using both revenge and overpower :P.  Thing is, overpower is really nice when you are really low on hp, at which point you don't want to dive in and hope for revenge to go active. With overpower I can just go near an enemy and get some health back without getting hit.

Around the Network
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
Taking leap would mean getting rid of overpower and I like having a reliable heal on a 15 sec cooldown for long drawn-out fights. :/

Hmmm, personally, I think Revenge is a much more reliable self-heal than overpower, especially if you use the 30% chance activation rune. On mob fights it can be triggered almost constantly, and being in the mid of a pack can make you go from almost 0 health to full health in a single revenge (not to mention, revenge does 222% of weapon damage, which is more than Overpower as well).

I have that, too. I'm using both revenge and overpower :P.  Thing is, overpower is really nice when you are really low on hp, at which point you don't want to dive in and hope for revenge to go active. With overpower I can just go near an enemy and get some health back without getting hit.

I really haven't been low on Health with my Barb so far (currently on Hell), mostly because Revenge and the Health Globes keep me up constantly (I have a Health Globe heals for +1000, which makes tons of difference). Plus, the 1% total HP regen per second given by Inspiring Presence really regens my health quite fast (currently at 240 HP per second). 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:

I really haven't been low on Health with my Barb so far (currently on Hell), mostly because Revenge and the Health Globes keep me up constantly (I have a Health Globe heals for +1000, which makes tons of difference). Plus, the 1% total HP regen per second given by Inspiring Presence really regens my health quite fast (currently at 240 HP per second). 

Am in act 4 now and it's like hitting a brick wall now. Elite pack shows up and one-shots me -_-

Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:

Am in act 4 now and it's like hitting a brick wall now. Elite pack shows up and one-shots me -_-

On Hell? Well, i'm on Act II Hell now so I'll see when I get there, but I haven't had any issues with it on other classes. What are your current stats? 

I have about 4.3K armor and 25K HP on Act II (and 6.5K DPS wiht Battle Cry).

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:

On Hell? Well, i'm on Act II Hell now so I'll see when I get there, but I haven't had any issues with it on other classes. What are your current stats? 

Got 3.8k armor, 22k hp and 4.6k dps and at least 95 to all resi. Essentially the same stats I had when I started Hell difficulty, since I haven't found jack shit for three acts :(

Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:
lestatdark said:
Nevermore said:

Got 3.8k armor, 22k hp and 4.6k dps and at least 95 to all resi. Essentially the same stats I had when I started Hell difficulty, since I haven't found jack shit for three acts :(

Well then, that's essentially your issue then. Are you level 60 yet? If so, you should go back to Act II or III and farm for items with full NV stacks, because it seems you really need better gear.

Current PC Build