By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - My Diablo III first impressions

I've been farming Act 2 ( I clear Vault of the Assassin and then kill Zoltan) but haven't found much so far.
I found a few pieces with nice resists but the other stats were very poor :(

So no progress in increasing my dps so I haven't tried venturing in Act 3 at all..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

My barb's coming along nicely, almost in Hell with her .

Probably going to try Zolten Inf with my DH before trying Inf with the Barb though.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I'm in Act 3 on Hell now with my Barb and it's really frustrating. All those stupid mobs just keep running away and it takes ages to chase them down and kill them. That really takes the fun out of the game. -_-

Nevermore said:
I'm in Act 3 on Hell now with my Barb and it's really frustrating. All those stupid mobs just keep running away and it takes ages to chase them down and kill them. That really takes the fun out of the game. -_-

Try Leap in conjunction with Ground Stomp, both having the extended range and vacuum effect runes. I use those a lot and get mobs that usually run away, like the Fallen Shamans and Firemages. 

It's especially effective if you have Revenge activated as well, since you can suck in enemies with Ground Stomp, get them stunned and kill over 15 of them (or more) with a single Revenge, if your DPS is high enough, or severely damage a large group.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Taking leap would mean getting rid of overpower and I like having a reliable heal on a 15 sec cooldown for long drawn-out fights. :/

Around the Network
Nevermore said:
Taking leap would mean getting rid of overpower and I like having a reliable heal on a 15 sec cooldown for long drawn-out fights. :/

Hmmm, personally, I think Revenge is a much more reliable self-heal than overpower, especially if you use the 30% chance activation rune. On mob fights it can be triggered almost constantly, and being in the mid of a pack can make you go from almost 0 health to full health in a single revenge (not to mention, revenge does 222% of weapon damage, which is more than Overpower as well).

Current PC Build

Finally got past jailers in inferno Wortham with my barb. They were mowing me down in 2 seconds flat. Like I thought resistances don't do much in inferno. I went from 600 resists buffed down to 200 buffed and upped my armor from 8k buffed to 9500 buffed and damage to 15k with crits as high as 52k. My passives are Ruthless, Tough As Nails, and Nerves of Steel. I use Revenge with the 30% chance to proc, Whirlwind with the life steal when I crit, Ignore Pain with life steal, Call of Ancients to tank and deal with Adds, War Cry to boost armor and resists, and Cleave to hit multiple enemies. So far I've been cruising along and dying occasionally when dealing with 3 elites at a time, but as long as I have enough room to Whirlwind out of bad situations and steal life I can get it done.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

mitlar37 said:
Finally got past jailers in inferno Wortham with my barb. They were mowing me down in 2 seconds flat. Like I thought resistances don't do much in inferno. I went from 600 resists buffed down to 200 buffed and upped my armor from 8k buffed to 9500 buffed and damage to 15k with crits as high as 52k. My passives are Ruthless, Tough As Nails, and Nerves of Steel. I use Revenge with the 30% chance to proc, Whirlwind with the life steal when I crit, Ignore Pain with life steal, Call of Ancients to tank and deal with Adds, War Cry to boost armor and resists, and Cleave to hit multiple enemies. So far I've been cruising along and dying occasionally when dealing with 3 elites at a time, but as long as I have enough room to Whirlwind out of bad situations and steal life I can get it done.

Resistances only trully work on a Barb if they have high Armor, as it's natural DR and armor DR procs first before Resistances. 

How much HP do you have on your Barb? 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
mitlar37 said:

Resistances only trully work on a Barb if they have high Armor, as it's natural DR and armor DR procs first before Resistances. 

Was at 32k now I'm at 28k. Whirlwind with the life steal on crits works almost as good as Revenge. If I don't get a proc on my Revenge and get low on life I'll Whirlwind out gaining life in the process.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

mitlar37 said:
lestatdark said:
mitlar37 said:

Was at 32k now I'm at 28k. Whirlwind with the life steal on crits works almost as good as Revenge. If I don't get a proc on my Revenge and get low on life I'll Whirlwind out gaining life in the process.

That seems to be a bit low. Most of the Barbs I've seen on Inf have over 45K HP. 

Current PC Build