By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New trailer of The Last of Us - my jaw dropped - Most beautiful game ever made

Jay520 said:
JustThatGamer said:
I'll wait for some actual gameplay before I praise the games graphics, the game itself looks as generic and boring as hell tbh, another B-movie wannabe game that sacrifices gameplay for spectacle with good storytelling but an awful story to tell. Uncharted has put me off Naughty Dog completely, Crash and J&D were great now they've lost all their imagination, creativity and charm, they only strive to appease graphic whores now which seems to be working fairly well.

How can people get excited over a game they haven't even seen no gameplay of? Even if the game actually looked as good as the pre-rendered in-engine cutscenes Naughty Dog love to use (which aren't that impressive and it won't anyway, the same way UC3 was pared back massively compared to the E3 demo and looks very underwhelming in-game 90% of the time) all that matters is whether or not the gameplay aspects of this GAME suck as this is a GAME not a movie, games will never compare to films not just graphically but in every quality way possible so they should always focus on gameplay above all else, something Uncharted failed miserably at and TLoU looks to repeat

Rant over, off to bed. Argue about my views amongst yourselves, I've wasted enough time.

PullusPardos?

*Sees Pullus post*

Lol

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:

Go on...

Umm... what else would I say?

NintendoPie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Go on...

What do 12 year olds do exactly? Hold hands?

lol well this thread is heading in a ..umm..interesting direction

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Go on...

I'm guessing you didn't read my post? I said 13.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
DepthAlly said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
DepthAlly said:

The scores he gives a lot of Sony games are far higher than the mean scores the games have.

The only series he seems to give scores that are significantly higher than average to is Uncharted as far as I know. What else is there?

I think I've formed a difference opinion to you since I listen to him on 2 podcasts each week... In fact he was just on the 360 podcast I listen to.

Well, there are the Uncharteds then there's Infamous and Patapon 2 and 3 and Resistance: Retribution and I think the LittleBigPlanet games. And it's the whole Sony team at IGN which includes him that are so teet suckingly in love with Sony.

I honestly don't think you know much about Greg. You really should not jump to conclusions like that

you named 4-5 games for the ps3 as your evidence, which should tell you how flawed your logic is EVEN if you base your whole pov on just that one thing. Add to the fact that even those games had many other media outlets scoring in the same ball park. And also add to that the fact that, you most probably haven't even played those games you mentioned....yeah 

I named the games he reviewed that were from Sony. Most of the other Sony games were reviewed by the others on the Playstation team at IGN. Also, yes other media outlets scored these games in the same ball park, but most don't review ALL of them in the same ball park. The scores Greg gave them are far higher than the GR average. And I used to follow the site for a couple years listening to all the podcasts and he would endlessly rave about how Sony won E3 and gush over all their games. I stopped Following the site quite a while ago so I'm not familiar with him of late but it doesn't sound like he's changed much.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

NintendoPie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I'm guessing you didn't read my post? I said 13.

13 then. Elaborate. I want full details.

Lubing up, barricading door incase of police.

Andrespetmonkey said:

13 then. Elaborate. I want full details.

Lubing up, barricading door incase of police.

Well... 

We didn't need to blockade the doors... first off...

DepthAlly said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
DepthAlly said:

Well, there are the Uncharteds then there's Infamous and Patapon 2 and 3 and Resistance: Retribution and I think the LittleBigPlanet games. And it's the whole Sony team at IGN which includes him that are so teet suckingly in love with Sony.

I honestly don't think you know much about Greg. You really should not jump to conclusions like that

you named 4-5 games for the ps3 as your evidence, which should tell you how flawed your logic is EVEN if you base your whole pov on just that one thing. Add to the fact that even those games had many other media outlets scoring in the same ball park. And also add to that the fact that, you most probably haven't even played those games you mentioned....yeah 

I named the games he reviewed that were from Sony. Most of the other Sony games were reviewed by the others on the Playstation team at IGN. Also, yes other media outlets scored these games in the same ball park, but most don't review ALL of them in the same ball park. The scores Greg gave them are far higher than the GR average. And I used to follow the site for a couple years listening to all the podcasts and he would endlessly rave about how Sony won E3 and gush over all their games. I stopped Following the site quite a while ago so I'm not familiar with him of late but it doesn't sound like he's changed much.

Meh, whatever then. I guess we can just agree to disagree.

Edit: thought that was quoting me at first.

Oh NinPie, tell us more of how you charmed this girl! I find this.. interesting. Us older men have to use candy and gifts to lure 12-14 years olds, but you youngsters have different ways I believe.