By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You guys are posting way too fast. I've been skipping a lot of material.
Doing a thorough re-read now while at work, so it'll be every time I have a free moment. Just a couple of thoughts though.

I'm inclined to believe that Baal is mafia. One of his first posts is a variety of the yes/no speculation that I do so dislike. Generally it follows the form of "I'm thinking that X was scummy, But Y, so maybe that means he's town"
I take those kinds of posts as "put attention on this player, but I'm staying out of this".

Also, Rol's questioning him about the cult, Baal replied "I think they would make it difficult for us to find them". This is a classic maneuver for mafia to incite panic and create suspicion on people who likely do not already have any. Mafia also like to believe that there is a cult, because it helps them act more town-like; ie, as long as they can hunt something, they are able to look more like a townie.

Lastly, I believe Hatmoza gave spurge's role to someone else (not me, mind you) and made him an alarmist. It's likely that spurge was a mafia, methinks.

Around the Network

Also I feel pretty good about Rol being town.
Firstly for noticing an edit (how do people ever notice these things???)
And secondly when he was questioning.....Baal? That whole time when he was saying right answer wrong answer...he said "we need mroe people in here".
That kind of voluntary statement says to me that he was trying to find a scum and couldn't find anything and is now looking at the people who haven't shown up yet.

Final-Fan said:
radishhead said:

I haven't finished catching up with the thread yet (haven't read any posts from when I was gone yet, so other people have probably already picked up on this), but

Yes, I see that now.  In that case, this is the most dramatic turnaround imaginable in terms of the quality of your activity.  Not only do you make good points, but with more eloquence and insight than I would expect from you.  Forgive me for being suspicious that this is truly original thought on your part. 

That's about the same thing that crossed my mind reading radish's posts, I thought to myself "How convenient that he didn't read these last posts because they contain everything he's saying right now" but I'm gonna leave him the benefit of the doubt and even remove my vote if he keeps it up (and comes up with something original).

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:
Doing a thorough re-read now while at work, so it'll be every time I have a free moment. Just a couple of thoughts though.

I'm inclined to believe that Baal is mafia. One of his first posts is a variety of the yes/no speculation that I do so dislike. Generally it follows the form of "I'm thinking that X was scummy, But Y, so maybe that means he's town"
I take those kinds of posts as "put attention on this player, but I'm staying out of this".

Also, Rol's questioning him about the cult, Baal replied "I think they would make it difficult for us to find them". This is a classic maneuver for mafia to incite panic and create suspicion on people who likely do not already have any. Mafia also like to believe that there is a cult, because it helps them act more town-like; ie, as long as they can hunt something, they are able to look more like a townie.

Lastly, I believe Hatmoza gave spurge's role to someone else (not me, mind you) and made him an alarmist. It's likely that spurge was a mafia, methinks.

Can a moderator really do that?

mantlepiecek said:
theprof00 said:

Can a moderator really do that?

Yes, if a early modkill throws off the balance they can do that, anyway, a mod can do what he wants...

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

Well....thats certainly is an interesting theory.  If true that would explain alot actually.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

theprof00 said:

Just out of interest, what makes you think this?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realise that 3 people had commented on that statement already :S

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

theprof00 said:

Damn you for pointing at Baalz minutes before I did! But at least my reasons are different than yours so my post is still valuable.

I don't like that he used the back and forth between Rol and NintendoPie to vote for NinPie. No matter how badly NP handled the situation, I don't think that alone warrants a vote (much less from someone who claims he doesn't like to vote on Day One), that move from Baalzamon felt to me like Mafia pouncing on an easy prey.

Signature goes here!

radishhead said:
Edit: Sorry, I didn't realise that 3 people had commented on that statement already :S

Don't edit posts radish. You wanted to know why Proff thought that.

And all of the people who commented didnt answer that question for you so why forget your question?

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)