By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
insomniac17 said:

Questions for Stefl (Post 1, Post 2), Smeags (Post 1, Post 2), and Wonk (Post 1);

Stefl: Why did you vote Noctis? You said that you were tired and had a headache, so you would put Noctis at L-1. Why did you decide to do that?

Smeags: I am confused. In the first post, you say that you were suspicious of Outlaw at the time (or at least, "keeping an eye on him"). But in the next post (linked), I see that your reason for voting for Outlaw is just so that you would not have a "no vote" by your name for the second day. Were you actually suspicious of Outlaw, and if so, what made you decide to vote for Noctis instead?

Wonk: You put the killing vote on Noctis (not sure if the day ended before this?). Why did you decide to vote for Noctis at that time, knowing that your vote would ensure his lynching?

I was simply growing tired of no one being lynched, and I decided to vote for him because it was not a bad decision in my eyes.

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:

Questions for Stefl (Post 1, Post 2), Smeags (Post 1, Post 2), and Wonk (Post 1);

Stefl: Why did you vote Noctis? You said that you were tired and had a headache, so you would put Noctis at L-1. Why did you decide to do that?

Smeags: I am confused. In the first post, you say that you were suspicious of Outlaw at the time (or at least, "keeping an eye on him"). But in the next post (linked), I see that your reason for voting for Outlaw is just so that you would not have a "no vote" by your name for the second day. Were you actually suspicious of Outlaw, and if so, what made you decide to vote for Noctis instead?

Wonk: You put the killing vote on Noctis (not sure if the day ended before this?). Why did you decide to vote for Noctis at that time, knowing that your vote would ensure his lynching?

I had just reread all of his posts and noticed a lack of much content and scum hunting in most of them. So I was thinking he was either scum or a liability to the town.  He also hadn't been on for 2 days so we had no idea when he would be back.  So other than him having some defence there wouldn't be much else the town could say on him other than if we should wait so long or not. Had he not been on an amount of time that was a regular interval, I would have actually asked people to unvote, but with the uncertaintly of his return I decided to act.

I didn't vote right after stefl put him at L1 I had waited a bit to see if anyone would unvote. No one did, so I hammered.

Stefl1504 said:
insomniac17 said:

[...]

I was simply growing tired of no one being lynched, and I decided to vote for him because it was not a bad decision in my eyes.

It seems that, based on the second linked post, you were certain to keep your vote on Noctis if he didn't show up, but you weren't sure if you would unvote if he did show up and offer some defense ("meh doesn't matter right now, if Noctis does not miraculously appear on the last second... my vote will stick, and even then I am not sure if I want to unvote... "). Why is that?

Didn't realize NintyPie had so many votes already...

insomniac17 said:
Stefl1504 said:
insomniac17 said:

[...]

It seems that, based on the second linked post, you were certain to keep your vote on Noctis if he didn't show up, but you weren't sure if you would unvote if he did show up and offer some defense ("meh doesn't matter right now, if Noctis does not miraculously appear on the last second... my vote will stick, and even then I am not sure if I want to unvote... "). Why is that?

Because I was sure that the votetrain would not crumble by his appearence, and I did not want to make it crumble by being one of the (possible) persons to rashly unvote.

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
insomniac17 said:

[...]

I had just reread all of his posts and noticed a lack of much content and scum hunting in most of them. So I was thinking he was either scum or a liability to the town.  He also hadn't been on for 2 days so we had no idea when he would be back.  So other than him having some defence there wouldn't be much else the town could say on him other than if we should wait so long or not. Had he not been on an amount of time that was a regular interval, I would have actually asked people to unvote, but with the uncertaintly of his return I decided to act.

I didn't vote right after stefl put him at L1 I had waited a bit to see if anyone would unvote. No one did, so I hammered.

For the record, you did indeed vote before Final-Fan unvoted. There are also a few posts between Stefl's vote and Wonk's vote, though I don't know how much time had passed.

So you decided to lynch him because he had been gone for two days by that point, and you didn't know when he would return. You felt that there was no point in sitting around doing nothing and waiting for him to come back. 

But why not ask hatmoza to send Noctis a message giving him, say, a day to get in the thread and post? That would give the town to discuss potential alternatives, and give a reasonable amount of time for Noctis to return and defend himself. If, by that point, he was still gone, the town could have gone ahead with the lynch. What made you decide against waiting for his defense?

Stefl1504 said:
insomniac17 said:

Because I was sure that the votetrain would not crumble by his appearence, and I did not want to make it crumble by being one of the (possible) persons to rashly unvote.

By a rash unvote, are you referring to the case where Noctis arrived to defend himself, or in the actual case where he didn't show up until it was too late? And why would you consider such an unvote rash?

insomniac17 said:
Stefl1504 said:
insomniac17 said:

By a rash unvote, are you referring to the case where Noctis arrived to defend himself, or in the actual case where he didn't show up until it was too late? And why would you consider such an unvote rash?

I mean he returns and people jumping off the votetrain just because he reappeared.

Rash because if people do it, he will feel under a lot less pressure, this does not mean that if he would've put up a 100% valid defense I wouldn't unvote him, just that given the circumstances, I am quite happy that wonk hammered without giving noctis a chance to speak up.

insomniac17 said:
Wonktonodi said:
insomniac17 said:

[...]

For the record, you did indeed vote before Final-Fan unvoted. There are also a few posts between Stefl's vote and Wonk's vote, though I don't know how much time had passed.

So you decided to lynch him because he had been gone for two days by that point, and you didn't know when he would return. You felt that there was no point in sitting around doing nothing and waiting for him to come back. 

But why not ask hatmoza to send Noctis a message giving him, say, a day to get in the thread and post? That would give the town to discuss potential alternatives, and give a reasonable amount of time for Noctis to return and defend himself. If, by that point, he was still gone, the town could have gone ahead with the lynch. What made you decide against waiting for his defense?

When we have a timeline for someone to come back and post, discussion in these games tends to die out and I really dislike that. 

FF's unvote quotes me so I really don't know what he was expecting. I miss the old timestamps so you could see the amount of time between votes and then between that and the attempt to unvote.

Would you have wanted to wait a day for his return? Maybe wait for a modkill or a replacement?

Wonktonodi said:
insomniac17 said:

When we have a timeline for someone to come back and post, discussion in these games tends to die out and I really dislike that. 

FF's unvote quotes me so I really don't know what he was expecting. I miss the old timestamps so you could see the amount of time between votes and then between that and the attempt to unvote.

Would you have wanted to wait a day for his return? Maybe wait for a modkill or a replacement?

I tend to prefer to give players a chance to defend themselves before they are lynched. As it was, the lynching moved surprisingly fast, and I missed the entire thing. I don't think that waiting a bit longer would have been bad, though the lynch did turn out well for the town.

What most surprised me about the speed of the lynch was that a time extension had been voted on and granted, yet the town went and ended the day close to what the deadline would have been anyway.