By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Finally I'm caught up. So we know for a fact NinPie is telling the truth about his role since Baalz is not scum so he could only have gotten his name by scanning him.

Now all that's left to determine is if he's town aligned. I was pretty damn sure of it before he started refusing to say "I'm Professor Oak" so I'm gonna make the same plea to him as others: Just say it! If you're town there's absolutely nothing to lose from this.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Finally I'm caught up. So we know for a fact NinPie is telling the truth about his role since Baalz is not scum so he could only have gotten his name by scanning him.

Now all that's left to determine is if he's town aligned. I was pretty damn sure of it before he started refusing to say "I'm Professor Oak" so I'm gonna make the same plea to him as others: Just say it! If you're town there's absolutely nothing to lose from this.

We may not have any vanilla townie so taking that into consideration it may be possible to have a town name cop, thats not likely but still possible.

But a name cop is usless and a waste on time for the mod if the characters have nothing to do with the aligment.

The only way i can see a town having a name cop if there a way to tie or at least clear suspects (like what prof suggested with mafia being males for example)

Still not sure what to think of Pie's claim, not to mention his character thats not really a vg character imo.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

TruckOSaurus said:
DanneSandin said:
Oh god damn... What, that's like 6 votes on me?

I didn't wanna say anything about my role - but I'm facing a lynch here:

My character is Samus and I'm bullet proof.

NinPie can check it tonight.

Got distracted by Diablo II yesterday (GOD I LOVE THIS GAME)

But that's actually one of the roles I thought about when you started making all those posts about abilities vs roles.

Samus is too one of Hat's favriout vg characters and she" fits" with the bullet proof role.

Its obvious now that characters tend to fit with the roles they are given so inclined to believe DS's claim.

For comparisons:

Duke = Cop

Tails = Double voter

Kiryu: Body gurad

Alucard : Miller

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

TruckOSaurus said:
DanneSandin said:
@Truck yeah, Diablo2 is awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on the third!
So you see how I could mix up abilities and roles, Me being noob and all? I thought roles were the same as having actions, and abilities was the same as power ups... Kinda...

@Nen noooooo! Zeus is such a cruel God!

Do we lynch someone or take a chill pill?

Damn I meant Diablo III. D2 is also awesome of course.

I think I believe you for now since your claim makes sense and your reactions to being suspected felt genuine.

How do you find D3 so far? I've heard mixed things... But I'm getting it for sure =D

Yeah, I'll try my best not to say stupid things again - but I can't promise anything ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

nen-suer said:
TruckOSaurus said:

We may not have any vanilla townie so taking that into consideration it may be possible to have a town name cop, thats not likely but still possible.

But a name cop is usless and a waste on time for the mod if the characters have nothing to do with the aligment.

The only way i can see a town having a name cop if there a way to tie or at least clear suspects (like what prof suggested with mafia being males for example)

Still not sure what to think of Pie's claim, not to mention his character thats not really a vg character imo.

I guess we gotta find a new theory that sets mafia apart from townies...

I did however find one piece of interesting clue about Prof. Oak and NinPies Role! Ninpie is obviously a name cop - and in one of the Pokémon games you help find out the name of Oaks grandchild! At that goes well withNinPies Role actually...

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
TruckOSaurus said:
DanneSandin said:
Oh god damn... What, that's like 6 votes on me?

I didn't wanna say anything about my role - but I'm facing a lynch here:

My character is Samus and I'm bullet proof.

NinPie can check it tonight.

Got distracted by Diablo II yesterday (GOD I LOVE THIS GAME)

But that's actually one of the roles I thought about when you started making all those posts about abilities vs roles.

Samus is too one of Hat's favriout vg characters and she" fits" with the bullet proof role.

Its obvious now that characters tend to fit with the roles they are given so inclined to believe DS's claim.

For comparisons:

Duke = Cop

Tails = Double voter

Kiryu: Body gurad

Alucard : Miller

Who else do we got both names and Roles for? Prof was Kid and a... what?

nen-suer said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Right now, my stance is that Mafia have antagonist names and possibly safe-claims names (even without them it wouldn't be that hard to fakeclaim). So I'm really not in favor of lynching NintendoPie today because his role makes sense as a counter-weight to my limitations.

Signature goes here!

DanneSandin said:

I did however find one piece of interesting clue about Prof. Oak and NinPies Role! Ninpie is obviously a name cop - and in one of the Pokémon games you help find out the name of Oaks grandchild! At that goes well withNinPies Role actually...

Note that may never set mafia from townie just by names and even if there is a connection we wont have a good chance of finding it until we actually kill one.

Pokemon is a series not a vg originally. I'm under the assumption that this theme is a celebrationof VGs

and Oak's presence just feels....out of place. Sspecially with the name claims we had so far.

And unless Hat is messing with us its weird that Pie the pokemon lover gets a character from Pokemom!

This is from the swedish Wikipedia page about Oak (for some weird reason there isn't a english page?!):

Oak har ett barnbarn, som han har glömt namnet på. Spelaren får hjälpa honom att "komma ihåg" namnet - det som egentligen görs är att spelaren väljer ett namn åt Oaks barnbarn. Standardnamnet för honom är Blue.

And with Google translate you get this:

Oak has a grandchild, which he forgot the name of. The player must help him to "remember" the name - it is actually done is that the player chooses one name at Oaks grandchildren. The default name for him is Blue.

But I haven't got a secondery source, so I don't know if this is true or not...

nen-suer said:
DanneSandin said:

Note that may never set mafia from townie just by names and even if there is a connection we wont have a good chance of finding it until we actually kill one.

Pokemon is a series not a vg originally. I'm under the assumption that this theme is a celebrationof VGs

and Oak's presence just feels....out of place. Sspecially with the name claims we had so far.

And unless Hat is messing with us its weird that Pie the pokemon lover gets a character from Pokemom!

To be fair, it started out as a VG:

Originally released as a pair of interlinkable Game Boy role-playing video games developed by Game Freak, Pokémon has since become the second most successful and lucrative video game-based media franchise in the world, behind only Nintendo's own Mario series.[3] Pokémon properties have since been merchandised into anime, manga, trading cards, toys, books, and other media.

From the english wikipedia...