By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:
Wonktonodi said:
theprof00 said:
1. Nintenpie's claim: Cop
Truck's claim is Nerfed Cop. By definition, he is a normal cop that has been limited in power (nerfed) by the number of times he can use it. Given that Trucks gets "guilty/innocent" readings, this logically means that a role of "Cop" would get guilty/innocent readings. Ninpie's claim of Cop (exactly quoted in his own words) gets names. Getting names is completely useless to a townie who does not know their own relation to the game, because the townie doesn't immediately understand the "flavor-bond". Only Mafia who know a sample of one complete faction of characters can draw conclusions as to what the town flavor is. In conclusion, this would mean that this is a game in which a "Cop" could scan a "Miller" and not realize the miller is mafia. This is an impossible scenario.
It further suggests 2 mafia groups, or 1 group with the ability to find a recruitable named character. This would mean that someone (probably little sister, as linkz suggested) is the recruitable character.

Know now, little sister, that your life is now forfeit if you are a recruitable. You WILL be recruited by one side or the other, and both sides will consider you too dangerous to allow to live. You are especially more powerful on mafia side, so I will push for your lynch asap.

2. Ninpie's suspects.
When I became aware that his character might mean mafia I went through Ninpie's posts trying to find a suspect list. Turns out, he didn't have any. Nor does he really trust anyone. He has only casted suspicion on a couple people, Danne, which was only after other people started accusing danne of being mafia (parroting), and myself (only after people were voicing their distrust (ironically Danne's voicing).

3. Ninpie's insistence.
Ninpie insisted he was right yesterday about the "he is not on my team" scenario. He was caught in a mistake, and instead of acknowledging it, he insisted that he was right. This went on for around a hundred posts of conversation before he actually calls it a stupid mistake.

4. Ninpie's scan.
Ninpie came out of nowhere today to claim his role and tell us virtually nothing. Obviously he did so in order to confirm his "town-ness". So, why didn't he do so yesterday when he was under attack? His role is so worthless that it is not even worth having a good result in order to claim, as per the logic of his own actions.

Furthermore, Ninpie was a favorite target of Rol yesterday. Eliminating the threats?

your reasons for ninpie have merit. Your reasons for moreno seem meta and out to make someone after you seem scummy.

I'm not even on moreno.

If I was on moreno like I mentioned about lynching the "recruitable SK" I'd be pushing it more. I am questioning why he's getting angry with me NOW because he seems quite nervous, but I've really not taken a step toward moreno. If anything is scummy, it's me NOT going after moreno. Not that I'm mafia, though. Just a correction.

Wow, finished catching up.

I'm not that comfortable with prof acting the way he is, but still.

Little Sister, Bioshock.

those were some very bold  words for you to not be on him. Not fully caught up to see that you just dropped it. However I really don't like how you went for name claims and come up with some pretty crazy theories just to drop some. It's like you are throwing all this out hoping one of the ideas will stick.

Around the Network

Prof, what makes you so sure that mafia are males, and that mafia are main characters? -- assuming you didn't change your position on this without telling anyone (or perhaps simply without me noticing, in which case, oops).

Keep in mind that the flavor had three main characters of flagship titles of each console hanging by their necks in the town square at the start of the game. I presume they are not intended to be mafia.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

theprof00 said:

2. Forgive me for being dense and lazy. I'd like you to tell me again. What conclusion did you draw from the scan? You find baalz suspicious, you go to scan him, you get his character..what's your first thoughts. What's your second thoughts. You are an oak who can scan, right? That is a likely role for an Oak to have, right? Factor these things together and what's your conclusion?

I was suspicious of him first. Then when I scan... wait; here:

The Timeline of NinPie's Suspiciousness of  Baalz:

Very Suspicious -> (After Scan) Still Kinda Suspicious/Not Sure What to think -> (After Linking things) Not suspicious.

There you go.

theprof00 said:
supermario128 said:
NintendoPie said:

I don't even know what the lie detector is.

All the more reason for you to say that phrase then...

Did ninpie not play last game?

he did

It is a role who can send a quote to the mod (sometimes during the day) and ask the twat if the quoted is a lie or the truth.
It is often used in place of a cop, (or in addition to one) by the method of asking everyone if they are town. THe lie detector can then pick one of them to ask the mod, thereby investigating that player.

For example, I will do it myself:

I am a townie.

Around the Network

24 hours limit??? Damn.

I have no idea what to say.

Final-Fan said:
Prof, what makes you so sure that mafia are males, and that mafia are main characters? -- assuming you didn't change your position on this without telling anyone (or perhaps simply without me noticing, in which case, oops).

Keep in mind that the flavor had three main characters of flagship titles of each console hanging by their necks in the town square at the start of the game. I presume they are not intended to be mafia.

I'm not sure. But I know there is a flavor draw here somewhere. Hat is too smart and too vain not to let his work show through. That is why roles match characters, it shows thoughtfulness, and creativity. Random isn't "interesting" enough.

Others I've been thining of:

characters Hat doesn't like
Nintendo characters
transvestites

From the information I had at the time, it seemed like it was boys vs girls. The people who were girls just felt like townies to me, and I suspected most of the boys. It just felt like it fit.

Main characters also kind of fits, but I can't imagine outlaw is mafia, not as a universal backup.

Why can't he just confirm my pic? That is stoopid.

Unvote

Vote: NintendoPie

It really is a simple phrase NintendoPie. Until you say it, my vote will remain on you. The only reason you should have for not saying it is if you are not really Professor Oak, but surely that is not the case, and you will do as I say. Right?

(Also because you removed your piplup avatar. Yes, your current one is very nice, but you had so many loyal followers. -_-)

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

If we can, we should just vote for time extension.

vote : time extension

I have no idea if this will work. But whatever. Day 2 consisted of weekends where a lot of people weren't posting. Come on mod!

Quote :
NintendoPie said:
Why can't he just confirm my pic? That is stoopid.

Me : Just write "My character is professor Oak " in a separate post. That will stop this stupidness.