By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
mantlepiecek said:
NintendoPie said:
Yes. Baalz even came out a said it, he is Yuna. It is proven. And there is no point in a Mafia Cop.

How does being Yuna mean he is townie?

Are lead so far is female protagonist - but we don't have alot to go by as of now... we need a mafia to see the pattern

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

1. Nintenpie's claim: Cop
Truck's claim is Nerfed Cop. By definition, he is a normal cop that has been limited in power (nerfed) by the number of times he can use it. Given that Trucks gets "guilty/innocent" readings, this logically means that a role of "Cop" would get guilty/innocent readings. Ninpie's claim of Cop (exactly quoted in his own words) gets names. Getting names is completely useless to a townie who does not know their own relation to the game, because the townie doesn't immediately understand the "flavor-bond". Only Mafia who know a sample of one complete faction of characters can draw conclusions as to what the town flavor is. In conclusion, this would mean that this is a game in which a "Cop" could scan a "Miller" and not realize the miller is mafia. This is an impossible scenario.
It further suggests 2 mafia groups, or 1 group with the ability to find a recruitable named character. This would mean that someone (probably little sister, as linkz suggested) is the recruitable character.

Know now, little sister, that your life is now forfeit if you are a recruitable. You WILL be recruited by one side or the other, and both sides will consider you too dangerous to allow to live. You are especially more powerful on mafia side, so I will push for your lynch asap.

2. Ninpie's suspects.
When I became aware that his character might mean mafia I went through Ninpie's posts trying to find a suspect list. Turns out, he didn't have any. Nor does he really trust anyone. He has only casted suspicion on a couple people, Danne, which was only after other people started accusing danne of being mafia (parroting), and myself (only after people were voicing their distrust (ironically Danne's voicing).

3. Ninpie's insistence.
Ninpie insisted he was right yesterday about the "he is not on my team" scenario. He was caught in a mistake, and instead of acknowledging it, he insisted that he was right. This went on for around a hundred posts of conversation before he actually calls it a stupid mistake.

4. Ninpie's scan.
Ninpie came out of nowhere today to claim his role and tell us virtually nothing. Obviously he did so in order to confirm his "town-ness". So, why didn't he do so yesterday when he was under attack? His role is so worthless that it is not even worth having a good result in order to claim, as per the logic of his own actions.

Furthermore, Ninpie was a favorite target of Rol yesterday. Eliminating the threats?

Master Chief.

Honestly though. I don't think we should read much into the assignments.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

theprof00 said:

4. Ninpie's scan.
Ninpie came out of nowhere today to claim his role and tell us virtually nothing. Obviously he did so in order to confirm his "town-ness". So, why didn't he do so yesterday when he was under attack? His role is so worthless that it is not even worth having a good result in order to claim, as per the logic of his own actions.

Hah! What a bad observation.

If I did not scan Baalz and find out that he was Yuna (a protagonist that is a girl) you would have never made your prediction. I even stated, first, that I thought that there could be a trail, so to speak, leading us to find out how to see if someone is Mafia or not. AKA, the Protagonist/Antagonist method.

If it weren't for me making my claim you would have never of guessed that there might be a trail.

As useless as NinPie's role is, wasn't there a Pokedex role in the previous round's Pokemon game where the mafia could see which character a certain player was? Sounds like NinPie has the same thing again

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:
As useless as NinPie's role is, wasn't there a Pokedex role in the previous round's Pokemon game where the mafia could see which character a certain player was? Sounds like NinPie has the same thing again

Hey, what don't you claim your Role? I wonder how useless your's is.

After all that, it turns out prof is not only trying to force mass nameclaims to scumhunt via alignment bias in the flavor (douchebag tactic by any standard), but the theory he's basing it on is weak at best. And we spent two days waiting for this?

Vote theprof00

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Oh, and I'll claim too, while I'm at it.

I am a roleblocker/absorber 1 time shot.

Trucks is our 2 shot cop.

He was very likely to be blocked last night. Hat wouldn't tell me if being blocked would result in a lost shot. I assumed that Trucks was guaranteed to be blocked last night. So, I ALSO blocked him, because I would at least take one of those shots from him and be able to use it freely without being blocked. It would also give the chance that we would both scan in the same night, possibly clearing 2 people at once, which is much better than one at a time. Additionally, if Trucks would have lost a shot by being blocked, it would be totally fine because it would not go to waste.
This is why I said, "trucks may have questions", I assumed he would have received a pm telling him that he lost a shot, and I wanted to reassure him".
Also, in scenario b, where trucks is mafia, I would absorb a mafia power, or even block a kill and receive a kill instead!

Now, the condition of my role is that I do not know the ability I receive until tonight. Trucks claimed that he was not blocked. This would immediately
Trucks says he was not blocked. I don't know if Trucks was blocked or not because the blocker does not receive a message of accomplishment. But...I will know tonight, so, I must not die, stefl. You are hereby ordered to protect me. You are already under suspicion of being mafia being a man. If you let me die, you will be lynched (I assume). Doctor can protect whoever they want.

It is possible that my action did indeed go through and I will see tonight what his role is. We can decide tomorrow what the result means.
If there is a busser, or I was blocked, or diverted, we'll find out tomorrow.
K?

NintendoPie said:
radishhead said:

Hey, what don't you claim your Role? I wonder how useless your's is.

Much more important than yours, I can assure you.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

theprof00 said:
DanneSandin said:
So, who do we got as of now?

Me: Samus
Baalz: Yuna
NinPie: Some Pokemon (?) dude
Mantle: Alucard
Prof: Kid
Smeags: (can't remember right now :/)
Spurge: Luigi
Rol: ???
And who was pac-man?

Did I forget someone??

Anyway, before I continue, I'll lay out my theory.

So, The first thing I noticed was from the protagonist discussion. In fact, most of the roles we've seen so far, are all side-characters, lending credence to the idea that side-characters = town, and main characters would be mafia.

However, I then noticed that almost all claims were female. This makes sense from the above rule because females are usually relegated to the side roles and rarely are there female leads.

I believe that townies are generally going to be female, and mafia are generally going to be male. This is not to say that all females are town or all males are mafia. However, the exception I see would be luigi. I believe, as I said earlier, that spurge was mafia and switched out. It also makes sense for Alucard being the miller.

This would imply, as I've already theorized, that ninpie is very likely to be mafia. He came out very quickly with his role for almost no reason after a first day of being heavily questioned. I believe he was coerced into claiming his role as a town one by his mafia peers.

This would also imply that our dear stefl is mafia. He claimed kiryu. I also think his claim is somewhat dubious. In the game, he is a bodyguard of his 'godfather' in backstory.

Pac-man is possibly a third party.

Tails is really the only thing that stands out, but for a long time everyone thought he was a girl, kinda like birdo (whom we may also see). So I'm not sure.

I do know though, that Hat is a letcher, so I think will likely be using girls as the heroines of the game.

Yet no mention of Trucks who claimed Duke Nukem? He also claimed day one, meaning he wouldn't have a grasp on the flavor split yet in the event that it was a fake claim.
And now outlaw claims Master Chief. This I find hard to believe would be a mafia claim. If he's lynched/killed then he could drag down several players of his team.