By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Assassin's Creed 3 gameplay!

while this is one of the worst trailers i have ever seen, the new features look promising. sadly, i gave up on the series when ubisoft started milking the cow with Brotherhood and Revelations, but i might get ACIII eventually, catching up with the last two iterations via some Let's Play's or Storyexplanations made by others.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

Looks great.

Really Read Dead-equse. Which is the second best game released this gen. Should be good though I have yet to play Revelations.

pezus said:
DanneSandin said:
pezus said:
DanneSandin said:

Well, yes - the setting is pretty unusual, but by now we've seen quite a few games with an assassin running around killing ppl - so that's not uncommon these days. What I'm talking about is the design and the graphics... It just looks like any other game. The only thing that differentiate it from any other games is that it's about an assassin in the war of american liberation.

Of course, they're going for a pretty realistic style. "The only thing..." is a pretty big thing imo

Every one is going for that realistic look - and it's getting kind of boring cuz they all look alike! I have no doubt at all the gameplay will be awesome. I haven't played any AC at all, but I'm getting intruiged for sure! I love how he persue that english men from en branches of the trees! That was the big thing for me =)

I just think being comic-y or colourful etc. wouldn't work as well for a game like this. It's going for at least some historical accuracy and has real characters from the story books so yeah!

Yeah, I have to agree with you on this one. I understand the need for photo realism in AC and Uncharted - but a lot of the time it isn't needed! Like in GoW; why would you need photo realism then? True, they've made something different there as well, but they could have done so much more!

In 5-10 years time games won't strive to look as realistic as possible I predict. They'll do what they did in Skyward Sword and find an unique design which will defrentiate the games from each others, kinda like how Mario and Sonic did way back when

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

"We have this goal to do something completely new, but still remain true to the franchise," he said. "People want that familiarity, but also something radically new. So we have the familiar pillars of fighting, navigation, and social stealth, but brand new environments and brand new ways to use them and extend them."

and

...powered by 'AnvilNext', which Ubisoft describes as "a revolutionary new game engine" capable of rendering thousand-man battles." imo, if true, it would be very "next-gen-esque". <---new word I made up

Kingdom Hearts 2 anyone?

Easily one of the most epic moments in the game.

Can't wait to close out the story.

Unless there is some tie in directly to previous game file saves, this will be on Wii U for me.

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Unless there is some tie in directly to previous game file saves, this will be on Wii U for me.

Yeah, for me as well - but it feels kinda stupid to jump on board this series half way thru so to speak... I hope they release the proper 1 and 2 as a bundle for the WiiU!

DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:

Yeah, for me as well - but it feels kinda stupid to jump on board this series half way thru so to speak... I hope they release the proper 1 and 2 as a bundle for the WiiU!

If its very easy to port over like Ubisoft devs have said, I think that is a possibility. Maybe a $20 or $30 downloadable pack.

I won't need it, but others might want it, if its cheap.

superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:

If its very easy to port over like Ubisoft devs have said, I think that is a possibility. Maybe a $20 or $30 downloadable pack.

I won't need it, but others might want it, if its cheap.

Yeah if it's cheap I'll get them =)

We really need a new generation of consoles. :( I want more out of these games. I know it's pre-alpha footage, but no matter what they do it's still held back by the constraints of this generation's hardware.

I really hope the Wii U delivers a noticeably more powerful experience than the current HD twins. If so, I hope AC3 takes advantage of it.

Maynard_Tool said:
I had the 2nd for Ps3, but it would be great if they include 1 & 2 for the WiiU. Maybe a code to download for around 25 each, or give away the 1st one and the 2nd to cost 30-40..... they should give incentives so people prefer the Wii U version than the X360/Ps3 one.

unless nintnedo money hats why would ubisoft give a fuck which version sells?